The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-14-2013, 04:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
The Court has announced the priests for the funeral for H.R.H. Princess Lilian.

Chaplain to the King, Bishop emeritus Lars-Göran Lönnermark
Priest in the Royal Parish Michael Bjerkhagen
Priset in English Church Nicholas Howe

Officianter vid begravningsgudstjänsten för H.K.H. Prinsessan Lilian - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
I'm quite surprised that the Archbishop is not among the officiants . He is usually the main officiant at royal funerals. I know there are rumours that the royal family does not like the current Archbishop. But that's a discussion for an another thread.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
I'm quite surprised that the Archbishop is not among the officiants . He is usually the main officiant at royal funerals. I know there are rumours that the royal family does not like the current Archbishop. But that's a discussion for an another thread.
I read from somewhere that archbishop Anders Wejryd will attend at the funeral as a guest. On Saturday we will see.

Princess Lilian's lawyer has told to Aftonbladet:
Exactly how the will is drafted is not public. But according to the lawyer the royal children will get a substantial portion of the assets after Prince Bertil and Princess Lilian. The Royal Children are universal beneficiaries, namely all that is left over goes to them.
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article16419537.ab

Old 03-14-2013, 05:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Don't lawyers have any sense of discretion in Sweden? It is a bit unseemly to discuss the contents of anyones will publically. I assume wills are public documents after they have been probated but still it seems odd the lawyer is so willing to reveal such information to the press.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:31 PM
Courtier

I agree with you about the lawyer. Very weird behaviour indeed for a lawyer.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:02 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Don't lawyers have any sense of discretion in Sweden? It is a bit unseemly to discuss the contents of anyones will publically. I assume wills are public documents after they have been probated but still it seems odd the lawyer is so willing to reveal such information to the press.
Could his comments have been arranged by the court - to avoid incorrect rumours?
Old 03-14-2013, 07:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

It doesn't sound like the lawyer has revealed much, and perhaps the release of the information was sanctioned by the beneficiaries.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:41 PM
Serene Highness

What the lawyer told has been known since the death of prince Bertil, as a result of his will. As most of what princess Lilian owned at the time of her death was what she had received after her husband's death as the surviving spouse, and prince Bertil's will stipulated what was to happen to their joint assets after the death of princess Lilian. The lawyer haven't revealed what changes princess Lilian have made to her will after her husband's death, he only confirms the contents of prince Bertil's will.

In Sweden there is something called "att sitta i orubbat bo" (to sit in untouched estate), to not divide the inheritance after the death of a person, but to let the surviving spouse keep everything, and the heirs will receive their part of the inheritance first when the surviving spouse dies. The surviving spouse have the full use of the estate during his/her life, but can't make changes to the spouse's will.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I'm just hoping they sit Queen Margrethe and Princess Madeleine wherever they want to sit them rather than where we think they should sit them.
They are going to be seated according to protocol.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

The arrival of the coffin was a very dignified and solemn moment.
Video
http://www.expressen.se/tv/nyheter/i...-till-slottet/

Så blir prinsessan Lilians begravning Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

A long video of people writing at the condolences book. The Hall of State was divided into two sections. At the other side the diplomats could write perhaps longer greetings and at the other side the others. The condolences will be gathered and made to a memorial book.
http://www.svtplay.se/klipp/1094257/...nsessan-lilian
Shorter video
http://www.svtplay.se/klipp/1095735/...ser-for-lilian
And other
http://www.tv4play.se/program/nyhete...deo_id=2300918
Old 03-15-2013, 02:36 AM
Serene Highness

The article mentions "many foreign guests", I wonder if that means the members of the other Scandinavian royal families, or if there will be other royals too?
Old 03-15-2013, 03:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to this news-clip from TV4, queen Elizabeth had send her condolences on Monday, the british royal expert Mark Saunders is interviewed in a quite interesting interview.
Prinsessan Lilians död uppmärksammas i Storbritannien - TV4 Play

Cecilia Hagen, a writer of Expressen tells about meeting princess Lilian at a dinner:
I've only met her properly once at a dinner with Kid Severin, celebrity reporter legend, at his home. That was where Lilian told me what many already quoted, namely that she used theatrical whisper "KISS!" across the table when Bertil kept his thanks-for-the food-speech. Then all around smiled a little and were touched. Because they did not know that it meant: Keep It Short, Stupid!
http://www.expressen.se/kronikorer/c...s-over-bordet/
Translation

Johanna Schreiber from Expressen's live-report tells that Lilian's coffin will be taken to the Royal Cemetery at a funeral car. About 15 cars will follow the funeral car. The Police doesn't want to reveal due to security reasons in which cars the guests are at the cortege. The police and SÄPO are at the cortege.
When the funeral is over, ten officers carry the coffin to Södra valvet. When the coffin is carried down the doors will be closed. The doors will be opened again when the coffin is placed on a catafalque. While the guests leave the church and until the procession has left the inner courtyard a band will play Karl XV's funeral march by Conrad Nordqvist. When the Royal Family has come to the catafalque, it is carried into the funeral car and the Royal Family goes into their cars.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for posting the link to that interview, LadyFinn. It was very interesting and I loved the anecdote about Prince Philip and the sausages.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

You can look and read Expressen's 16-page memorial magazine of Lilian here:
Läs minnestidningen | Om Expressen

The Royal Guard told just to Expressen about the Lit de parade:
- We open the doors at 12:00. We hope there will be a lot of people, although it is uncertain a day like this when many are working. We are open until 15.00, and at 16.00 the royal family arrives to the Chapel.

Princess Lilian shared the passion for sports with her husband. Prince Bertil was from 1971 the patron of "A Swedish Classic" (To qualify for the diploma of the Classic, you must finish a Swedish classic event in each of the four disciplines (skiing, running, swimming, cycling) within the space of twelve months). After Bertil's death Lilian became the patron. From the beginning of this year, prince Daniel is the patron of "A Swedish Classic".

Princess Lilian's suite at the Grand Hotel Stockholm. The princess inaugurated it in 2006.
http://www.grandhotel.se/upplev/hote...n-lilians-svit
Old 03-15-2013, 05:41 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post

In Sweden there is something called "att sitta i orubbat bo" (to sit in untouched estate), to not divide the inheritance after the death of a person, but to let the surviving spouse keep everything, and the heirs will receive their part of the inheritance first when the surviving spouse dies. The surviving spouse have the full use of the estate during his/her life, but can't make changes to the spouse's will.
We have the same kind of will here in Germany called the "Berlin will" - "Berliner Testament" but in order to be valid those people who would have a inheritance part that is due to them by law need to accept it. But that's only direct-line descendants and not nieces or nephews.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Those who wish to make a gift in honor of Princess Lilian's memory are asked to consider the following fund or organization:
Prince Bertil and Princess Lilian sports fund
SOS Children's Villages
Gåvor och blommor vid H.K.H. Prinsessan Lilians begravningsgudstjänst - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

- From 16 o'clock, the royal family comes to the Royal Chapel to see the princess on lit de parade, said Lieutenant Colonel Richard Beck Friis.
On Friday, the public will take a farewell to the 97-year-old princess on lit de parade at the Royal Chapel. An hour after the ceremony, at 16, the royal family to come to the Royal Chapel. For four hours, until about 20:00, they will have to say goodbye to the princess.
- They will come in batches. That's because all the royals are not able to come together, says Richard Beck Friis.
Which royals are coming?
- I have no such lists, but I guess it's the king and queen and the children anyway. That, I assume, says Beck Friis.
http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/sa-s...amiljen-i-dag/
Translation

A guard with a black armband at the Royal Palace
http://media.shootitlive.com/UJTrpRH...=expressen/892
Old 03-15-2013, 06:27 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
We have the same kind of will here in Germany called the "Berlin will" - "Berliner Testament" but in order to be valid those people who would have a inheritance part that is due to them by law need to accept it. But that's only direct-line descendants and not nieces or nephews.
In Sweden, if a person is married at the time of the death of a spouse, the surviving spouse inherits everything, regardless whether they have children in common or are childless, their children can't demand their inheritance part until both parents are dead. The only children who have right to get their part of a person's inheritance in advance before the surviving spouse gets his/hers, are the children from a previous relationship, as they are not going to inherit their step-parent.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen has live-TV from the Royal Palace with interviews of experts, it just started.
Live | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV

Chris O'Neill arriving to the Royal Palace
http://media.shootitlive.com/3tflWTC...=expressen/892

People waiting for the doors to open to Lit de Parade
http://media.shootitlive.com/XVCerKB...=expressen/892

Obituary at the Economist
Princess Lilian of Sweden The Economist

People coming to the Royal Chapel for Lit de Parade
http://media.shootitlive.com/DjJucMR...=expressen/892
http://media.shootitlive.com/CL1RvZO...=expressen/892

According to Svensk Damtidning at the funeral there will be both bagpipes and singing of the court singer Carl Magnus Fredriksson.
Det blir säckpipa på begravningen Svensk Damtidning
Translation
Old 03-15-2013, 08:40 AM
Nobility

I just came back from the Royal Palace where i visited the Palace Church and paid my last respect. It was a very calm and peaceful atmosphere inside the Church. The organist played solemn melodies, guard of honour protected the casket wich was draped in the
Swedish flag and a princley crown was placed on it
Old 03-15-2013, 08:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royal reporters Jenny Alexandersson and Johan T Lindwall said on Aftonbladet's and Expressen's live-TV that it is possible that queen Sonja will attend at the funeral, and Roger Lundgren told that Roger Moore is flying to Stockholm.

Photographer Charles Hammarsten (who has taken photos of the royal family for 40 years) told at Aftonbladet's Live-TV, that princess Lilian called him after he had returned from tsunami at Thailand, he survived. Lilian wanted to give him sympathy, it must have been terrible. Hammarsten said that Lilian called him often, especially on Sundays. She had a need to speak with "normal" people. And Hammarsten told how Lilian had said to him in December 1999, that she had a wonderful new dress from Yuki, she was going to wear it at the Millenium night and she wanted Charles to take a photo of her in it. Hammarsten thought that Lilian meant that he would take a photo of her in it at the party. But a day before the party Lilian called and said: Where are you, here I am wearing the dress, waiting. Charles hurried to Villa Solbacken and took a photo of Lilian in it. Lilian wanted that the photo was taken outside, at her garden with snow, which also surprised Charles.

Designer Pär Engsheden, who designed Victoria's wedding dress, arrived to the Royal Palace.
http://media.shootitlive.com/4sEMgSW...=expressen/892

Royal expert and the chief editor of Kungliga magasinet, Roger Lundgren, told that also Estelle was with the royal family on Sunday at Villa Solbacken when princess Lilian passed away. He told also that one of the priests and the funeral service, Priest in the Royal Parish Michael Bjerkhagen, is a very close friend of princess Lilian.

Carl Philip and Madeleine have arrived to the Royal Palace, photos. The royal family will have a private farewell at the Royal Chapel starting at 16.00.
http://media.shootitlive.com/8ezdizR...=expressen/892
http://media.shootitlive.com/RUhgH9t...=expressen/892
Old 03-15-2013, 11:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia Hellqvist arrives to the Royal Palace/Royal Chapel.
http://media.shootitlive.com/7ZACvVZ...=expressen/892
http://media.shootitlive.com/IuxL4Vo...=expressen/892
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Tags
death, funeral, princess lilian