Death & Funeral of Countess Sonja Bernadotte: October 21 and 25, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My thoughts are also with her children and granchildren.

Does someone know when and were the funeral will took place?

Oh my Gosh, she died?! I just read a biography about her and thought she was alive and well. Dear Heavens, this comes so unexpected - for me, at least. She was so young!

Silvia❦CarlGustaf;840839 said:
My thoughts are also with her children and granchildren.

Does someone know when and were the funeral will took place?

I am sure it will be published either tomorrow or soon in the Südkurier. As soon as I spot it, I will let you know.

In the meantime some more info on the Südkurier website:
suedkurier.de | Gräfin Sonja

Will all of the Swedish Royal Family attend this funeral? Probably not?

suedkurier.de | Konstanz trauert um Gräfin Sonja

According to this article the day of the burial has not been published so far. She will rest in the burial vault of the castle church next to her husband. Count Lennart Bernadotte was buried in silence, the celebration took place afterwards. Maybe this is an indication?

On Saturday there will be a memorial service in the castle church St. Marien for family and friends as well as representatives from the official spheres and organisations and causes close to Sonja’s heart. The funeral and burial ceremony during next week will be strictly private and for the closest family only. Countess Sonja will rest next to Lennart in the family vault.

On Saturday there will be a memorial service in the castle church St. Marien for family and friends as well as representatives from the official spheres and organisations and causes close to Sonja’s heart. The funeral and burial ceremony during next week will be strictly private and for the closest family only. Countess Sonja will rest next to Lennart in the family vault.

suedkurier.de | Zum Abschied singt ein Kinderchor

Thanks, GrandDuchess. Please find above some more information on the memorial service. A children's choir will sing joyous songs just as she wished it. Several celebreties are expected including members of befriended aristocratic families. However, onlookers are not welcomed and the area will be widely blocked.

There surely will be a report on Saturday including pictures on the Südkurier website.

And finally the pictures - all together 65:

suedkurier.de | Bildergalerien und Videos - auf suedkurier.de

#2 social minister of Baden-Württemberg: Ms. Stolz
#3 appears to be Ms. Schavan federal minister for education with unknown companion
#4+5 the Salem representatives: Prince Bernhard von Baden and his wife Stephanie plus unknown companion
#36+37+38 former prime minister of Baden-Württemberg Mr. Teufel
#39+41 general view of the siblings including spouses and other relatives
(there are of course other pics of them before, but non with all of them)

It's sad to see the family in such a heavy moment like today, Sonja was still not very old and next summer Count Björn will marry his girlfriend, so many family moments that she lost the opportunity to experience.

This is just sad news to hear about the countess's passing and she was still fairly young too.
I send my sympathy out to her family and friends thhrough this must diffcult time.

Were the Badens close the Mainau Bernadottes?

Were the Badens close the Mainau Bernadottes?
Difficult to say how close they are/were, but they do have good relations and I guess they are fairly close with them just as their are with some of the other families who live in the regions close to them. Markgraf Maximilian and Markgräfin Valerie sent wreaths to the funeral and they sent three representatives to the memorial service (Hereditary Prince Bernhard with wife Stephanie and Prince Michael).

Back
Top Bottom