Death and Funeral of Count Carl Johan Bernadotte: May 5 and 14, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I noticed that CarlXVIGustav, Carl Philip and Daniel are all wearing white ties.

Is it traditional in Sweden for male family mourners to wear white or is it a royal custom. ?

The inside of the church is beautiful.

Last edited:
Breffney said:
I noticed that CarlXVIGustav, Carl Philip and Daniel are all wearing white ties.

Is it traditional in Sweden for male family mourners to wear white or is it a royal custom. ?

The inside of the church is beautiful.

It is tradition in Church of Sweden that close male family mourners wears a white tie. Distant relatives and friends wears a black tie.

It is tradition in Church of Sweden that close male family mourners wears a white tie. Distant relatives and friends wears a black tie.

Many thanks, Hans-Rickard. :flowers:

Also, many thanks, MagMil for pointing out Carl Johan's son to me. I didn't notice him earlier. :flowers:

Last edited:
It was good to see such a nice royal turn out for the Count's funeral.

Does anyone know what standard was on the Counts Coffin?

Last edited:
Does anyone know what standard was on the Counts Coffin?
In one of the videos it said that it´s the flag of PonteCorvo wich the count got a few years ago and wich he treasured alot to be in possession of such an rare flag. (Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte was prince of pontecorvo)

In one of the videos it said that it´s the flag of PonteCorvo wich the count got a few years ago and wich he treasured alot to be in possession of such an rare flag. (Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte was prince of pontecorvo)

Many thanks!

image-3453814178.jpg

Count Carl Johan Bernadottes coffin passing me during the car procession through Stockholm from The Royal Palace to The Royal Cemetery :(

Count Carl Johan's funeral at Stockholm

http://svenskdam.se/2012/05/tacksagelsegudstjanst-och-gravsattning-for-carl-johan-bernadotte/ *** translation
----------
Kungens farbror förd till sista vilan | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
translation >
The king's uncle brought to final rest

Joy and grief in the course of a week for the royal family
Today was the king's uncle, Count Carl Johan Bernadotte to his final rest.
After a thanksgiving service in the Royal Chapel, was driven coffin with his remains to the Haga cemetery.
The entire royal family attended.
- He was the last of his generation and it has taught our children to understand and get a bridge to his story and for that generation. It has been very valuable to us, the king has previously told the Times about his uncle.
It was a black-clad Princess Madeleine, who had traveled from USA to Sweden to attend the private memorial service that began at noon today and lasted about 45 minutes.
Was close to the family
Only the immediate circle was invited to participate, including the Danish Queen Margrethe and her sisters, Queen Anne-Marie of Greece and Princess Benedikte who are daughters of Queen Ingrid, Carl Johan Bernadotte's older sister.
The royal family saw taken out of the mourning session. They have spent much time with Count Carl Johan Bernadotte, who was the family close.
- He has been involved in several family events in recent years and was a very good friend of the family. We had a great time in recent years when he told of his generation, the king has previously said to Aftonbladet.
Joy and sorrow
When the service was over, were blocked parts of the inner city when the funeral train of Count Carl Johan Bernadotte's coffin at a slow pace out in procession from the Royal Chapel at Haga cemetery.
The royal family has recently been characterized by both gratifying and sad news. Carl Johan Bernadotte died on May 5 at Ängelholms hospital.
But as early as next week, they can look forward to a time of joy when the family's new addition, the princess Estelle, baptized in the same church where they are today, said goodbye to a beloved relative and friend.

Why didn't the sisters of Carl XVI Gustaf attend the funeral?

Why didn't the sisters of Carl XVI Gustaf attend the funeral?
According to Expressen, I dag begravdes Carl Johan Bernadotte | Nyheter | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje the princesses Margaretha, Désirée and Christina was at the funeral, I think you can catch a glimpse of Margaretha in the end of the movie. The only one missing of the sisters was Birgitta.
You can see photos of the princesses here: http://members3.boardhost.com/Oranjes/msg/1336995076.html

Last edited:
Yesterday's event was very private, and the photos of Carl Philip, Madeleine, Victoria and Daniel are taken while they drive away in their car or when they stand on the grave behind the trees.

Back
Top Bottom