The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-16-2017, 12:08 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Is Carl Otto Edmund Silfverschiöld now Baron Silfverschiöld? As I'm not sure what way the succession rules work for the Swedish nobility or if that's even allowed since 1975.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
All members of noble families share the title and style. Carl Silfvershiöld is different from his relatives only in that as head of the family he's the one who'll represent them in the House of knights.

Families raised to nobility or with titles awarded after 1809 are different in that only the head of the family and his wife are noble or carry the title.
The Swedish House of Nobility writes that a woman of a comital or baronial house is not entitled to a noble title provided that she is unmarried or married to a commoner.

Adliga titlar : Riddarhuset

Niclas Silfverschiöld's unmarried daughter is known at court as Civilekonom Hélène Silfverschiöld, whereas her brother is known as Baron Carl Silfverschiöld.

http://www.kungahuset.se/download/18...sta_vigsel.pdf

Old 04-24-2017, 01:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

The funeral of baron Niclas Silfverschiöld will be on Thursday 11th May at 14.00 at the Erska Church in Sollebrunn. After the funeral will be a reception at Koberg.
http://www.minnesrummet.se/system/fu...pdf?1492833366

A memorial page
Minnesrummet - En plats för att minnas och hedra

Old 04-24-2017, 01:49 PM
Courtier

I assume the two engagements of the King and Queen in Stockholm that day still has to be canceled, and also that they will come straight from the assumed birthday celebrations in Oslo.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The funeral of baron Niclas Silfverschiöld will be on Thursday 11th May at 14.00 at the Erska Church in Sollebrunn. After the funeral will be a reception at Koberg.
http://www.minnesrummet.se/system/fu...pdf?1492833366

A memorial page
Minnesrummet - En plats för att minnas och hedra
I see that Baron Carl Silfverschiöld is only mentioned with his daughter.
Is he divorced?
Old 04-24-2017, 05:36 PM
Serene Highness

Yes apparently
Helene is mentioned without her longtime partner Fredrik Dieterle
I suppose they recently split up. He was last present at prince Alexander's christening and at the christmas celebrations 2016
Old 04-29-2017, 02:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Article in this week's Svensk Damtidning, commemorating baron Niclas.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 05-06-2017, 08:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen writes that the royal family arrives almost straight from the 80th birthday celebrations in Norway to the funeral of baron Niclas Silfverschiöld at Erska church in Sollebrunn.
"The royal couple, the crown princess couple and the prince couple are present at the funeral of Niclas Silfverschiöld", writes Ulrika Näsholm, information officer at the court in an email.
In addition, several of the Haga princesses - Christina, Margaretha and Birgitta - are also expected to arrive to support their sister Désirée in her sorrow.
From the beginning, the family had planned to arrange the funeral service in the family church belonging to Koberg Castle - where the family lives. However, they soon realized, that it was too small to all the guests who want to come and take goodbye.
Désirées make, Niclas Silfverschiöld begravs i Erska kyrka _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Old 05-06-2017, 10:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
In addition, several of the Haga princesses - Christina, Margaretha and Birgitta - are also expected to arrive to support their sister Désirée in her sorrow.
Several of the Haga princesses, well it seems like it is everyone. Please Expressen...
Old 05-10-2017, 05:36 PM
Courtier

Princess Märtha Louise will attend the funeral service tomorrow.

Offisielt program - kongehuset.no
Old 05-11-2017, 09:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Royal family arrived to the funeral. Victoria and Daniel came together with Märtha Louise. Princesses Margaretha and Christina attend too with Tord Magnuson. Princess Benedikte came with her son Gustav and Madeleine Kogevinas with her partner. Princess Désirée with her family arrived last.
APA-Picturedesk

According to Expressen the royal couple, crown princess couple and prince couple came straight from Oslo with a chartered bus. Princess Märtha Louise came with them. According to Expressen also princess Birgitta is there.
EDIT: An ambulance has been called to the church right after the funeral started. The person who had a sudden attack has been taken out from the church.
Niclas Silfverschiöld – prinsessan Désirées make – begravs _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Kungafamiljen på plats – stöttar Désirée | Svensk Damtidning
http://www.svenskdam.se/2017/05/kung...-begravningen/

A lovely photo of Victoria and Märtha Louise
http://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...a84&m=iagmaaom

Also Birgitta's daughter Désirée von Bohlen und Halbach and her husband Eckbert von Bohlen und Halbach were at the funeral.
Gallery
IBL Bildbyrå

Svensk Damtidning tells about the funeral that Schubert's ”Ave Maria” was played at the church and court singer Loa Falkman sang ”Så skimrande var aldrig havet”. The priest at the funeral was the former Chaplain of the Royal Court Parish and Bishop Emeritus Lars-Göran Lönnermark.
Så blev den känslofyllda begravningen av Niclas Silfverschiöld _ Svensk Damtidning

Swedish royals attend the funeral of*Niclas Silfverschiöld _ Daily Mail Online

Kunglig begravning i Sollebrunn

Dag Trygsland Hoelseth_ Funeral service for Baron Niclas Silfverschiöld

One more photo
http://image.gala.de/21365068/3x2-94...beerdigung.jpg
Old 05-11-2017, 11:11 AM
Serene Highness

Any Danish relatives attend?
Old 05-11-2017, 11:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Any Danish relatives attend?
Yes Princess Benedikte represents the Danish Royal Family.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Another gallery from the funeral today

Belga Image
Old 05-11-2017, 12:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post

Thank you!
Old 05-11-2017, 12:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Together with her son Prince Gustav zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
Old 05-11-2017, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Brave Princess Christina !
Old 05-19-2017, 07:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

From Svensk Damtidning.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Niclas Silfverschiöld wanted that only his son, Carl, inherits him. Expressen has taken note of two of Silfverschiöld's wills, signed in Malmö on April 28, 2003, where it is clear that the daughters don't inherit anything after him.
One testament governs Silfverschiöld's holdings in the entailed estate Koberg and Gåsevadholm. With an entailed estate, the practice is that the oldest son inherits the property and that other children don't get anything.
The entailed estate is currently dismantled in Sweden, which means that when the holder dies, the entailed estate will be discontinued. This means that the oldest son inherits half of the property, while the other half is divided according to succession or according to a will.
In his will, Silfverschiöld is clear that the free part of the property is going to his son.
But even when it comes to Silfverschiöld's private property, which is not governed by rules for entailed estate, Silfvershiöld's will was that his son Carl would be the only heir.
- My son Carl is going to receive the full inheritance after me. With this ordinance, I have discriminated my daughters Christina Louise and Hélène, writes Silfverschiöld.
However, the daughters have been compensated for this, through Princess Désirée, writes Silfverschiöld in his will.
- My daughters, however, have been compensated for this, in my wife's testimony signed this day, he writes.
Expressen has sought the three siblings. Through the administrator in the
estate, Carl-Fredrik Herslow, they make a joint statement.
- The siblings agree and the sisters have been compensated.
Carl-Fredrik Herslow doesn't want to go into detail about the compensation for Silfverschiöld's daughters.
Niclas Silfverschiöld testamenterar allt till sin son _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Translation
Old 08-18-2017, 07:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Niclas Silfverschiöld wanted that only his son, Carl, inherits him. Expressen has taken note of two of Silfverschiöld's wills, signed in Malmö on April 28, 2003, where it is clear that the daughters don't inherit anything after him.
One testament governs Silfverschiöld's holdings in the entailed estate Koberg and Gåsevadholm. With an entailed estate, the practice is that the oldest son inherits the property and that other children don't get anything.
The entailed estate is currently dismantled in Sweden, which means that when the holder dies, the entailed estate will be discontinued. This means that the oldest son inherits half of the property, while the other half is divided according to succession or according to a will.
In his will, Silfverschiöld is clear that the free part of the property is going to his son.
But even when it comes to Silfverschiöld's private property, which is not governed by rules for entailed estate, Silfvershiöld's will was that his son Carl would be the only heir.
- My son Carl is going to receive the full inheritance after me. With this ordinance, I have discriminated my daughters Christina Louise and Hélène, writes Silfverschiöld.
However, the daughters have been compensated for this, through Princess Désirée, writes Silfverschiöld in his will.
- My daughters, however, have been compensated for this, in my wife's testimony signed this day, he writes.
Expressen has sought the three siblings. Through the administrator in the
estate, Carl-Fredrik Herslow, they make a joint statement.
- The siblings agree and the sisters have been compensated.
Carl-Fredrik Herslow doesn't want to go into detail about the compensation for Silfverschiöld's daughters.
Niclas Silfverschiöld testamenterar allt till sin son _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Translation
There was a, at times, quite stormy debate in Sweden a few times ago after the release of a book by journalist Björn af Kleen where he had a closer look at the dissolution of the Swedish fideikommis (entail) system & how in many families other heirs than the oldest son were "persuaded" to relinquish their rights of inheritance to their eldest brother.
A few of the biggest entailed estates have been given dispensation from the dissolution of the system on account of the high cultural values they contain, others have been made into a special kind of fideikommis stock companies and many have been dissolved completely often resulting in them being lost to the families within a few generations and gigantic collections of art and furniture being broken up and sold abroad.
Old 12-16-2017, 03:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Desiree's deceased husband, Niclas Silfverschiöld, leaves private assets of just over SEK 26 million. But his two daughters are not part of the inheritance. Son Carl, 52, inherits everything - as well as holdings in two fideikommiss (entailed estate) with assets of more than SEK 560 million.
The Silfverschiöld family has executed the estate inventory and compiled the deceased baron's assets. In total, there are 50 pages of economic documents submitted to the Swedish Tax Agency. Expressen has taken note of the documents, and it appears that Niclas Silfverschiöld's total private assets at the death date of April 11, 2017 amounted to just over SEK 26 million.
Most of the assets come from a claim to the Latvian company Skauni of more than SEK 20.5 million. Silfverschiöld also has a private shareholding in the company valued at around SEK 1.8 million.
In addition to this, two Volvo cars in the estate are worth just over SEK 200,000 and personal proverty in two houses in excess of SEK 2.4 million.
Silfverschiöld's testament is attached to the estate inventory - which states that son Carl inherits everything. Niclas Silfverschiöld writes in his will that he thereby disadvantaged his daughters.
- With this settlement, I have disadvantaged my daughters Christina Louise and Héléne. My daughters, however, have been compensated for this because in my wife's will this day, he writes in his will from 2003.
A special estate inventory has also been submitted for Silfverschiöld's possession in two fideikommiss Koberg and Gåsevadsholm.
With a fideikommiss practice is that the eldest son inherits the goods and that the other children do not get anything.
Fideikommiss is currently settled in Sweden, which means that when the holder dies, fideikommiss will be discontinued. This means that the oldest inherits half of the property, while the other half is divided according to inheritance or according to will.
According to the estate inventory, fideikommiss has assets of more than SEK 560 million.
In his special will, Silfverschiöld is clear that the free part of the property goes also to his son.
- If my son Carl should be deceased at the time of my death and then leaves a direct heir, his oldest male heir will enter into my son's right. With this ordinance, my daughters Christina Louise and Héléne have been disadvantaged. The reason for this are my - and my family's - wishes to keep fideikommiss together, writes Silfverschiöld in his will.
Expressen has been in contact with Carl Silfverschiöld who writes in an email, among other things:
- I consider this as private and not of public interest.
Hagasessan Désirées döttrar utan miljonarvet – sonen får allt _ Kungligt _ Expressen