Christenings of Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 2,802
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 2,290
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 926
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 2,294
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,921
  • 10662876_1.jpg
    10662876_1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 956
  • 10662733_1.jpg
    10662733_1.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,591
  • 10398730_1.jpg
    10398730_1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 2,095
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 960
Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 9,792
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 2,521
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,252
  • 10398733_1.jpg
    10398733_1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 871
  • Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 1,026
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 2,801
  • 10541392_1.jpg
    10541392_1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 2,318
  • Untitled-18.jpg
    Untitled-18.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,097
  • skanna0020.jpg
    skanna0020.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,052
  • skanna0021.jpg
    skanna0021.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 1,262

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,470
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 4,468
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,267
  • 4756313_1.jpg
    4756313_1.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 1,196
  • 10662652_1.jpg
    10662652_1.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,604
  • 10541729_1.jpg
    10541729_1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,036
I know I said this in another thread, but since this is the thread of the christenings I will say it again.
I noticed that CP Victoria was the only one that didn't cry. The future Queen, although not at that time, keeping herself composed in public. ;)

i love the little throne victoria is sitting on at her brothers christning

how grand were the Christenings
was Carl Philip much grander becouse he was the Crown Prince at the time
Who are the godparents for each one of them?

i love the little throne victoria is sitting on at her brothers christning

who are there god mothers and fathers no again

Really nice photos!!
Any idea of who are the godparents for each of the children??
Thanks a lot

Victorias godparents:
princess Desiree, King Harald of Norway, Ralf Sommerlath and queen Beatrix of Holland

Carl Philips godparents:
prince Bertil, queen Margrethe of Denmark, princess Birgitta, and prince Leopold of Bavaria

Madeleines godparents:
princess Benedikte of Denmark, prince Andreas of Sachsen Coburg-Gotha, princess Christina and Walther Sommerlath

wow it's been a while since I've seen pictures of a younger CG and queen Silvia, and one can't help but think of how much for example Madeleine takes after her mother! As does Carl Philip after his father. Victoria on the other hand, shows a strong resemblence with the older lady with the glasses, is that princess Desiree, and is she the sister of cG?

princess olga said:
wow it's been a while since I've seen pictures of a younger CG and queen Silvia, and one can't help but think of how much for example Madeleine takes after her mother! As does Carl Philip after his father. Victoria on the other hand, shows a strong resemblence with the older lady with the glasses, is that princess Desiree, and is she the sister of cG?
If you meant this lady: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5173
thats Victorias grandmother Alice Sommerlath, Silvias mother

would you say carl gustaf had gala uniform at all the christning
he did wear orders at all three

I have one question. Why would Victoria have been born in a hospital (Karolinska) and Carl Philip & Madeleine born a separte palaces? (Stockholm Royal Castle & Drottningholm). If anyone is willing to answer my question it would be thankful.

I have one question. Why would Victoria have been born in a hospital (Karolinska) and Carl Philip & Madeleine born a separte palaces? (Stockholm Royal Castle & Drottningholm). If anyone is willing to answer my question it would be thankful.
I guess that due to Victoria being the first child of King Carl Gustaf and Silvia, it was probably necessary to avoid any complications at her birth. The first pregnancy of a woman is always the most difficult, I guess because it is the first time and neither the doctor nor the mother know how the pregnant's body will react!

Maybe she had a difficult pregnancy too! We don't know that of course. If the doctors judge that the baby has to be born in the hospital, you do exactly what they say!

Wow, never even expected a reply. I wouldn't know either, I just didn't think you know that in this day and age, or then in the 1980s women delivered children at home. I was curious. Nothing wrong with having babies at home at all though, to each is own completely. I haven't had children yet so I probably say you might be right. Than you for answering my question though.

Both Carl Philip and Madeleine are born "at home".... and when CP was born the royal family was living in the Stockholm royal palace, and when M was born they had moved to Drottningholm, just outside Stocholm... so thats the reason they was born in separate places...

And the I guess as a Queen you can have ALL that you want when it comes to medical care, even if you chose to give birth to your child at home.... (and less reporters from the press :))

True, I thought that could be a reason since the first time she wore a wig when going to the hospital. Less of the hassel I guess. Thanks

I believe I had read that the Queen had a difficult time when she delivered Victoria and at the time there were rumours that he may not have been able to have another child.
I suppose with Carl Philip, even after falling on an icy surface at Drottninholm her doctors did not have any reservations about her delivering the baby in the Palace.
Still she always looked so lovely and the photos on this thread are so beautiful..

I believe I had read that the Queen had a difficult time when she delivered Victoria and at the time there were rumours that he may not have been able to have another child.
I suppose with Carl Philip, even after falling on an icy surface at Drottninholm her doctors did not have any reservations about her delivering the baby in the Palace.
Still she always looked so lovely and the photos on this thread are so beautiful..
Oh I didn't know anything about that!

I am glad everything went according to plan for Silvia as well as Victoria and Carl-Philip! Did she really fall while she was pregnant with her son? Does anyone now anything more about that?

Oh I didn't know anything about that!

I am glad everything went according to plan for Silvia as well as Victoria and Carl-Philip! Did she really fall while she was pregnant with her son? Does anyone now anything more about that?

It was reported that she slipped on ice. She did not get hurt and the baby was fine.
If I am not wrong there was some visit to or by Queen Elisabeth that had to be postponed since the King as he put it at the time, was more concerned about his wife than royal protocol.
I am sure some old timers who follow the family can help us here.:flowers:

Would anybody have a picture of thier christening gown? I hve always thought it was very pretty. I assume they all woret he same one? What I see though is that all three children were in different cradles for photographs. Victoria was hung with lace, Carl Philip had one Carl Gustav silver one and Madeleine had a blue one covered in the tre kroner. I loved to see other photographs of them.

Hope everyone enjoys these large photographs of Victoria, Carl Philip and the one pic of Madeleines christening. Now if the link does not work for some you can find it at the Glitering Royal Message Board.
members3.boardhost.com/.../msg/1248325934.html

Does anybody know what the christening gown material is? I just think it is so pretty. How old is it? Usually christening gowns in royal families are worn by generations.

Awesome pictures; I hadn't seen many of them before! Amazing find, thanks, haga!

There are more on that site, scroll the left hand side, lots of pictures of them growing up but I wasn't sure how to post those individual links. You are welcome!

As the video links were posted years ago and don't work, here's part of Victoria's christening.
YouTube - Victorias dop.flv

Does anyone know how to embed the video into the post?
Edit: never mind, it did it automatically.

Back
Top Bottom