Bernadotte Family Reunion & 100th Anniversary of Sofiero Palace: June 2, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The King sounded so good speaking English and with a bit of a British taught accent. Very nice.

About Mary and Victoria, in that picture where Victoria is kind of laughing, it appears that she's facing Frederik. She might not have been talking to Mary at all so Mary is looking at something else.

His Lordship said:
Some very nice person on here added a link to hear the speech given by the HM the King of Sweden after cutting the ribon....what astounded me was HE SPOKE IN ENGLISH!

I was shocked but I guess it is another example that even at official events, english is used after all and not swedish or danish.....or both...
Well I think the King spoke english because only HRH the Queen of Denmark speeks swedish.

It was still a surprise though. If that is the case, we can assume that all royals there speak english.

On The Royal Family video they all spoke english and i was surprised to hear QMII speak it in a British accent

Her Majesty Magrethe II went to school in G.Britain that is why she has a British standard accent,

His Lordship said:
Some very nice person on here added a link to hear the speech given by the HM the King of Sweden after cutting the ribon....what astounded me was HE SPOKE IN ENGLISH!

I was shocked but I guess it is another example that even at official events, english is used after all and not swedish or danish.....or both...

I would hazard a guess and say that the reason he spoke in English was because the Greek side of the family isn't very fluent in Danish or Swedish, according to what I have read. Thus, to make the whole family understand, it was done in English.

I would say that had it just been the Swedish and the Danish royal families where everybody speaks either Swedish or Danish (or both), it would have been a speech in Swedish. Danes, in general, may have some problems understanding Swedish, but I doubt that is the case of the Royal family.

If you go to the site of the Danish royals you can see what the royal family speeks.
Go into the section called: Royal House
http://kongehuset.dk/

Last edited:
Echo7 said:
These ones are from when the Swedish Royal Family joined the Danish Royal Family on the ship, Danneborg for dinner. Madeleine looks as though she's having a little bit of trouble making sure her skirt doesn't fly up ;)
I can't tell you how many times that's happened to me. :rolleyes:

Danielle said:
I can't tell you how many times that's happened to me. :rolleyes:
Hmm, I already have prepared a post in my mind, saying that I´ve the suspicion, that Madeleine has changed her clothes on this stormy windy day from pants to thin chiffon layers on purpose...it was too quiet around her and she searched for a headline (to get back into the 69 sexiest list)
BUT NOW saying this, it would sound as if Danielle would also create such plans...so I will say "it was an accident" :D ;) :rolleyes:

Aftonbladet reports, that the publishing house Allers (Se&Hör, Svensk Damtidning, Hänt Extra...) has paid a lot of the costs for the party (e.g. a white pavilion or the tour with the train).
The comment of the "well appreciated" spokeswoman of the court, Ann-Christine Jernberg:
- Det här kände jag inte till och jag har ingen spontan reaktion. Det var ett helt privat arrangemang som kungafamiljen deltog i
- I didn´t know that and I have now no spontaneous reaction. This was a complete private arrangement, in which the Royal family participated.

"private"...hmm :rolleyes:
Well, I must say actually I like this solution. So only people, who are really interested in the Monarchy have to "pay" (via buying the mags) for such "private" festivities.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/karleksex/story/0,2789,660379,00.html

More photos from the gathering!
from Bruno Press

Attachments

• S2.jpg
    S2.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 487
  • S3.jpg
    S3.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 323
  • S4.jpg
    S4.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 450
  • S5.jpg
    S5.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 441
  • S6.jpg
    S6.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 337
  • S7.jpg
    S7.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 434
Last edited:
I ask you to please remember to credit your sources when attaching pictures. This needs to be done even if they have watermarks and it's quite obvious where they came from. If you have recently posted pictures in this forum without giving credit, please go back and credit the source in your post. If you do not credit your sources, the photos will have to be removed as we don't want to get TRF in any trouble.

You can review our policy on copyrights here: http://theroyalforums.com/forums/sh...9931#post239931

Thank you for your co-operation,

GrandDuchess, as Super Moderator

to bad there was no gala at the castle i would have loved that

Josefine said:
to bad there was no gala at the castle i would have loved that
yes that would have been wonderful! Too bad the press wasn´t allowed at the dinner on Dannebrog.... or TV for that matter :) Would have been fun to see what happend there!

But we should be happy that we got to see so much of the gathering, as it was a private one. The press was at Sofiero, outside the hotel, outside Dannebrog and even the day after when the inagurated Margaretaparken...

Back
Top Bottom