The Solliden Palace wishes Merry Christmas and Happy New Year at their Facebook
Madeleine posted this photo to her Facebook
Leonore is getting ready for Christmas in her moms old dress!
Aftonbladet had yesterday an article about the Christmas of the Royal Family.
67 years the royal family spent Christmas together with Princess Christina and her family. But two years ago the tradition was broken. The two families had begun to grow - and are now celebrating in different places.
- I have grandchildren, and the royal couple has grandchildren, there will be very many people when we meet. So it's just as well that we each have our own Christmas celebrations. It's that simple, says princess Christina to Aftonbladet.
Their sons have given them five grandchildren. Also the royal family is growing. The king and queen now have three grandchildren. Next year there will be five. There is space in the royal buildings at Drottningholm - but it's more about that the Christmas celebrations have become too big project for the two large families to be together.
- No, it is not lack of space it is about. It is for purely practical reasons, says princess Christina.
Princess Christina didn't want to comment more on family's Christmas celebration. But experts believe that it will follow the traditions.
- Some stuff is steady element in the celebration. All are gathered in Stensalen at Drottningholm Palace on Christmas Eve, then they lit the fire and decorate the Christmas tree. The Queen is very strict that they will chop the tree themselves, and I think they always get it somewhere from Drottningholm. The Queen reads the Christmas Story and is sure that there will always be German element in the celebration, a cake with raisins and spirits, called Weinachtstolle. It doesn't matter, if no one eats it, says Aftonbladet's royal expert Jenny Alexandersson.
- It has always been Swedish Christmas food, Christmas gifts, Donald Duck and the things that we all do. That's the way it is with everyone - that Donald Duck is in the background. All children like cartoon and Disney, whether you are a prince or princess or not. And that's important for Victoria and Daniel to pass all the traditions to Estelle too, says Roger Lundgren, editor in chief of Kungliga Magasinet.
Another tradition is that the family goes to Julotta, church service on Christmas Day morning.
- It is a must, it is a religious Royal family we have, says Lundgren.
On Christmas Day the royal family usually also takes a long walk at Drottningholm.
- Then it has become a new tradition on the evening of the Christmas Day that Victoria and Daniel have a Christmas party at Haga. And the whole family attends there - even Daniel's family comes from Ockelbo.
Så firar kungafamiljen jul i år _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet