The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 03:10 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

thanks Lula for the p ictures. I have to say that is one of the nicest evening dresses Letizia has worn, yes its is black but she has been seen in anything in that style before. i liked it!! Queen skirt is bright, nice for a chnage as well. thanks for the lovely pictures.

Why werent any of the infanta's attending?

Old 10-30-2007, 04:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Her expression looks so funny here and Felipe
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/586...11thmbgfl9.jpg

Is her necklace real ?
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/271...12thmbghg3.jpg
Old 10-30-2007, 04:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Spanish Royals Attend Opening of Extension at El Prado Museum
October 29, 2007 - El Prado Museum
Madrid, Spain

WireImage: Listings
Old 10-30-2007, 04:46 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks for picures.
The Queen looks fantastic. I don't like Letizias outfit, but her herstyle is beautiful.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Los Reyes inauguran hoy la ampliación del Museo del Prado. Ideal

The Kings inaugurate today the extension of the Prado Museum

The Kings inaugurate today the major extension of the history of the Prado Museum, which opens new rooms with an exhibition dedicated to the big Spanish teachers of the 19th century.

The act of inauguration, which will begin at 12:25, will rely on in addition the assistance of the Princes of Asturias, as well as of the prime minister, the first vice-president of the Executive, the minister of Culture, the chairwoman of the Community of Madrid, the mayor of the capital and the president of the PP, between others.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:25 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

is that black dress on Letizia not the same style as the one she wore in holland for willem's 40th birthday party only this time with a black jacket??

Old 10-30-2007, 05:28 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I have to say that I don´t like the dress,but I love the jakect and her hair.
On the whole she looks fabulous. Original hairdo!
I think Queen Sofia dress is by Oscar de la Renta, isn´t it?
Old 10-30-2007, 05:42 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Wow, Queen Sofia looks S-P-E-C-T-A-C-U-L-A-R Perfect perfect outfit.
Letizia has a very nice hairdo and I like the jacket but not the combination. Overall it looks boring and uninspired; too black and find her black open toe plateau sandals not the best choice for this event. The dress has the usual Varela cheap fabric and I don't like the pregnancy style on a non-pregnant woman (in general - unless it's a fun dress worn on holiday). Of course Varela likes the pregnancy style because it helps to hide his unability to design a well fitted piece of clothing
Old 10-30-2007, 05:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

ABC.es: cultura - arte - El Prado se vistió de largo

The Prado dressed of gala to celebrate the major extension of its history

The best celebrations are in the habit of beginning on eve. Because of it, the Casón del Buan Retiro dressed last night of gala to shelter a macrodinner of show at which almost the whole Royal Family was present on the occasion of the most important extension - that will be inaugurated today - to that the Prado Museum has surrendered in its two hundred years of history.

In only twelve hours, Their Majesties the Kings and Their Royal Highnesses the Princes of Asturias will move in two occasions from the Palace of The Operetta to the Prado Museum - the first one last night and the second one, this midday - to celebrate the extension of this art gallery, which started by sheltering precisely the artistic collections of the Royal Family.

Photos
El Prado se viste de largo
Old 10-30-2007, 05:59 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
is that black dress on Letizia not the same style as the one she wore in holland for willem's 40th birthday party only this time with a black jacket??
The top looks slightly different in fabric but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same since Letizia tends to buy at least her shoes in dozens - same pair but different colours. Maybe Varela does a buy one get one free offer to keep Letizia as his most appreciated customer / advertising ad.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:18 AM
Heir Apparent

the queen wore that lovely gown at the queen sofia spanish institute in USA. i simply adore it. she looks superb in it. i quite liked letizia's outfit as well...

what i didn't like was sonsoles espinosa, first lady. simply ridiculous in her outfit and she should learn you don't place your elbows on the table.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-30-2007, 06:38 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Carlota, I think you don´t like very much Sonsoles Espinosa!
Old 10-30-2007, 07:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

You can see the act in the Prado Museum here; it begins in 20 minutes

RTVE :: TVE EN DIRECTO

www.telemadrid.es?

THE KINGS Y THE PRINCES OF ASTURIAS PRESIDE AT A GALA DINNER TO CELEBRATE THE INAUGURATION OF THE CASÓN DEL BUEN RETIRO

Article and photos
LOS REYES Y LOS PRÍNCIPES DE ASTURIAS PRESIDEN UNA CENA DE GALA PARA CELEBRAR LA INAUGURACIÓN DEL CASÓN DEL BUEN RETIRO
Old 10-30-2007, 07:31 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
You can see the act in the Prado Museum here; it begins in 20 minutes

RTVE :: TVE EN DIRECTO

www.telemadrid.es?

THE KINGS Y THE PRINCES OF ASTURIAS PRESIDE AT A GALA DINNER TO CELEBRATE THE INAUGURATION OF THE CASÓN DEL BUEN RETIRO

Article and photos
LOS REYES Y LOS PRÍNCIPES DE ASTURIAS PRESIDEN UNA CENA DE GALA PARA CELEBRAR LA INAUGURACIÓN DEL CASÓN DEL BUEN RETIRO
Many thanks for the link and these pics lula. Tita Thyssen is a true overkill, the living proof that one can be superrich but tasteless when chosing an outfit. She used to do much better and has pulled off very elegant outfits in the past. I hope she does not become a bitter old woman now after her only son married a spouse she does not accept and therefore stayed away from the wedding, despite a grandchild being on the way.
Sonsoles dress looks odd as if one part is being worn in a wrong way or at the wrong part of the shoulder.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:34 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post

Article and photos

It´s official, the article said that Princess Letizia´s dress is by Felipe Varela!
Old 10-30-2007, 07:46 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I think Letizia today is dress in brown!
Old 10-30-2007, 07:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like the embroidered beads, tassels that are hanging from the top and are outlined because of the light colour of the skirt of Sofia.

Letizia does not look good this time, because she is so skinny in long black she can take on a -like appearance

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphills View Post
Queen Sofia looks stunning! Letizia's dress would be better if it wasn't too dark. Makes her look skinnier. She needs to wear bright colors.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Dinner in the Cason del Buen Retiro on the occasion of the extension of the Prado

Cena en el Cason del Buen Retiro con motivo de la ampliacion del Prado - Agencia Prisma