The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 9: May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Royal Family, the host of the "Oscar" of the sport the King, Princes de Asturias and the Dukes of Palm in full dress presided over the supper that opened, day 20, the previous acts to the delivery of the Laureus Prizes, that the past granted Monday in sport outstanding Barcelona. Princess Letizia called the attention with a escotado model. Don Juan Carlos, accompanied by Princes de Asturias and the Dukes of Palm, presided over the supper of welcome to the members of the Laureus World Sports Academy, that were mentioned in Barcelona for the delivery of the prizes that take the name of the institution and are considered the "Oscar" of the sport
http://www.diezminutos.wanadoo.es/reportajes/3341_1.html

from informativos

I love Cristina !!! :D

Attachments

• IMG_4369.jpg
    IMG_4369.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_4373.jpg
    IMG_4373.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_4378.jpg
    IMG_4378.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_4383.jpg
    IMG_4383.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_4388.jpg
    IMG_4388.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 156
thanks for the article infanteleonor! Diez Minutos is always late...they don't have daily updates, unlike Hola. :eek: but at least they provide easy access to pics.

Laureus Awards,

From Semana, Hola, And Juan Chavez

Wow, thanks for the pics, we haven't seen photos from indoor before.

Thanks paty.
Letizia is spectacular.:)

crisiñaki said:
I

One of the things I don't like is that everytime more than the regulars (M,K,J,A, myself) says something nice about Cristina *bam* the Cristina haters appear.

I respect everybody's opinion about Letizia even if I (to be honest) detest her and I never post derogatory comments of her in the Current Events Threads and I hope the same kind of respect from each and every member of TRF.:cool:

This is a big statement, Crisiñaki.

I could never tell that. I'm surprised.

But, well, some people do everything to protect their Lady. Even beating in someone else that was not being subject at the present discussion, and was beaten in other threads like "What's your opinion about Felipe and Letizia?" thread (where suprisingly you said quite the opposite that you are saying here).

And if you read all Cristina's threads can you honestly say that whenever you say something nice about Infanta Cristina Cristina haters show up?! I'm glad you detest Princess Letizia, if you like her you would live a hell ;)

I'm sorry you feel that way about any member about Spanish Royal Family - they all seem so nice and kind to us. We don't have to love all of them equally but... detest?! :(

Regards,
mtbcm :)

crisiñaki said:
I respect everybody's opinion about Letizia even if I (to be honest) detest her and I never post derogatory comments of her in the Current Events Threads and I hope the same kind of respect from each and every member of TRF.:cool:

Thank you very much for given me the liberty to speak my mind as it was given to the members that were attacking her.
As we are in a honest conversation, i agree with you!
I think all the members of TRF, and in this case, the members who have a special interest for the Spanish Royal Family, like different people!
As all know, i adore Queen Sofia, on the other hand i can't stand Letizia!!
Honnestily, i think most of you love Letizia, and i RESPECT that! But i think we can't say Cristina is "bad" to the press or not! We just don't know her and we don't know how the press talked to her!!

Again about Letizia, i think we have the same right to express our fellings about her (and the other members of SRF) and nobody's has the right of critized us just because we don't like her!
We are in this forum for different reasons and i think we must be ALL respect, if someone say something that we don't agree, we can just say our opinion!
And i think this is a stupid (sorry the word, but i cannot find a better one!) discussion because we DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO DISCUSS PEOPLE! IMO that's what most people are doing! I don't want to say names, because i think the people who know who did or not!

Sorry if i'm too frontal but i wanted to say this a long time, but i didn't have the opportunity to! I'm also sorry if i hurt someone or if someone is upset... but this is MY OPINION!

you detest her? it is a feeling a little hard towards a person who has not done you anything.:eek: Many people can say that they do not like the princess letizia, or infant Cristina; but to get to detest her? My favorite is the princess of Asturias, I does not like so much infant Cristina but to detest her? never.:eek:

mtbcm said:
This is a big statement, Crisiñaki.

I could never tell that. I'm surprised.

But, well, some people do everything to protect their Lady. Even beating in someone else that was not being subject at the present discussion, and was beaten in other threads like "What's your opinion about Felipe and Letizia?" thread (where suprisingly you said quite the opposite that you are saying here).

And if you read all Cristina's threads can you honestly say that whenever you say something nice about Infanta Cristina Cristina haters show up?! I'm glad you detest Princess Letizia, if you like her you would live a hell ;)

I'm sorry you feel that way about any member about Spanish Royal Family - they all seem so nice and kind to us. We don't have to love all of them equally but... detest?! :(

Regards,

This the ones they have caused it that not to stop speaking badly of Cristina... that know that to many of the persons charms us and if then do not they want oir to speak badly of other that they begin not that always they are the same and this already bores, do not I believe that crisiaki have said bad nothing by saying that word detests, this space that the ones that last night spoke badly of the Infanta Cristina also They detest. ... :mad:

I would like that this finished already by good of the forum... because all this damages

This discussion should be left because I am sure that the one that begin all this this delighted one with it... and al end and al tip is what wanted to prepare this I bundle so large... aqui we have each one our royals preferred and we should carry us well and to share the photos and the articulos that leave... or is prettier all this?

Last edited:
Warning:

Please, behave as adults, ladies!

This is not a competition! A couple of days ago it was that shameful discussion about who was the baby that had the most beautiful genes; now it's who's the most beautiful Spanish royal lady or the most sympathetic, or the most elegant...

Everybody is entitled to like whoever they do and dislike whoever they do as well, but do not make TRF a public space to express anger and hate. The Royal Forums is a respectful space of discussion, not a kindergarten for fanatic haters and lovers.

Now, take a glass of water, breath deeply and learn to stand the idea that nobody is perfect and nobody is a beast. The world is not painted in shades of black and white. Let's all grow up and improve the conversation level to something more than "She's the most beautiful person on earth and nobody can reach her ankles!".

Let's keep a civil conversation and continue making of TRF what it is: a pleasant place to enjoy a good time.

Thank you.

Elsa M.
(TRF's Supermoderator)

Some commentaries that they write in the magazine Hello, on the first dinner of the Prizes Laureus:

- It seems that the King has very good relation with Morgan Freeman, even they embraced each other and the King him presented the Princes.

- Letizia called the attention with her dress. The very affectionate Prince with in her taking her of the waist and joking her meeting on the chin in the head. The prince admitted that lately he had left a bit his sports interests. The Princess commented that ishe is very happy with Leonor and that the girl is very pretty. Also they asked her on how her figure has recovered after the pregnancy , she has said that it is her constitution.

- The suit of the Infanta Cristina was of Armani.

of Armani? therefore i like so much that suit... they have commented today in the Tv that she went very of Infanta her to liked a lot the very elegant journalists and with class :) :p

wow, it's the first time I've heard Cristina wore Armani, which one was it: the white or the red?

Last edited by a moderator:
crisiñaki said:

and getting back on topic: wow, it's the first time I've heard Cristina wore Armani, which one was it: the white or the red?

She has used other times. The suit of her engament was of ARMANI, onlooker that later with Letizia scandal was created so much when the Infanta Cristina there was the same designer and had not happened at all.:eek:

I loved Letizia's sequined dress. I think it is one she has worn before but always with a beige long coat.

I don't love Cristina's red dress - I think it needs to be more fitted in the torso. I think this look a little shapeless. But I love the big red flounces!

I much preferred Cristina's white outfit for Saturday night's dinner. Pretty flounces (I do like ruffles and flounces) and a much better fit.

just a little observation...

rather off-topic but connected: i've observed that photos with or of the SRF sometimes come out, well, unbalanced. case in point here are the pics taken during Leonor's baptism (the group shot that includes both the SRF and Ortiz-Rocasolano families) and this week's cover of Hola. the elements of the photo (i.e. the persons being taken) are always crowded on one side that your attention gravitates towards one side only and not spread out throughout the entire photo.

to illustrate: the composition of Hola's cover makes you look only at King Juan Carlos and the Princes of Asturias. I only realized that the Dukes of Palma were also in the photo only later, and that there were other people too. and it seems that Iñaki is only peeking in to be included in the pic.

i know this is technical stuff but i just couldn't help it. :D i wish that these photos were taken in a better way. i don't know how protocol places in the way their pictures are taken, but well, they can do better.:eek:

peace out! :cool: ;) :)

The Kings, accompanied by Princes de Asturias, will preside over a tribute to the deceaseds in missions of peace in the outside that will be celebrated the next Monday in Madrid, in which a monument in its memory will be inaugurated, today informed the Ministry into Defense.

The act, that will be celebrated in the Headquarters of the Air Force, will count on the presence of the minister of Defense, Jose Antonio Alonso, the president of the Community of Madrid, Hope Aguirre, and the mayor of the capital, Alberto Ruiz-Gallardón, as well as the maximum people in charge of the military cupola. The monolith that will be inaugurated by the Kings is work of the escultor Martin Chirino and in he himself they appear the names of the 123 deceaseds during the peace missions in which the Armed Forces have participated. Among them the names of the 62 victims of the plane crash of Yak 42, happened in Turkey for now three years, and those of the 17 died in the accident of the Cougar helicopter the past summer in Afghanistan.

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/reyes_presidiran_lunes_homenaje_fallecidos_897619.htm

The exclusive photos by Hola magazine, from the Laureus gala dinner:
http://www.hola.com/abonados/casasreales/2006/05/24/ppes-posado/

The nature of the ingredients originated an explosive cocktail: the outstanding presence of the royal family, along with the magnetism of the Sport living legends and the «glamour» of Hollywood starts.

But it was Morgan Freeman and HM the king the protagonists of the most memorable moments of the night, especially when the king broke all the protocol to give the actor one of those big hugs that let one without breath. They laughed together and chatted, and Don Juan Carlos even wanted to present him to Don Felipe and Doña Letizia.

The Princess of Asturias monopolized all the attentions of the night: she dazzled, and not only due to the sparkling dress. Doña Letizia was spectacular, with a precious dress of Felipe Varela. She combined it with golden stripped sandals (with a little knot in the toe and the heel), a purse embroidered with stones, a golden ethnic bracelet and diamond earrings.

Naturally, the Princess had broken the general tonic of her public appearances, caracterized by sober and elegant suits of jacket. This was an exceptional event and she has always had a clear policy regarding her wardrobe: to emphasize her work, she doesn't turn the events into a showcase of the last fashion tendencies, avoiding the label of a fashion icon. She doesn't want the immense attention that her presence always awakes to be distracted by clother and, so to have the attention focused in the important thing: her work as Princess of Asturias. For that reason, she keeps herself away from all the shrillness of accessoires or jewels. For her, less has been more.

The Princes' entrance in the Batlló House, when already all the guests were in the room, turned all the heads and caused an admiration murmur. And the truth is is that when two years of their marriage are being celebrated, the couple is so enamored as in the beginning. The affectionate gestures that Don Felipe constantly dedicated to his wife called the attention: he hold her on her waist, he joked, gave her affectionate gestures with his chin on her head and was always mostly kind to her.

In fact, they did not separate from each other, nor even for a single minute.
In an informal atmosphere, the Princess commented on her recent maternity: "It is wonderful, I am happy. The girl is so beautiful, she is precious". Questioned about the secret of her figure she said: "It is my constitution", while Don Felipe joked with some of the personalities, before confessing that lately he has neglected a little his sport activities.

The Dukes of Palma de Mallorca, on the other hand, were playing at home, especially Iñaki Urdangarín, who felt like fish in the water. Infanta Doña Cristina, who called the attention with a precious suit signed by Giorgio Armani with skirt in muselina that formed ministeering wheels, along with stripped sandals, was also very kind with her guests: Princes Feisal and Alia of Jordan.

In the meantime, Don Juan Carlos, the great sport enthusiastic, chatted livelly with great part of the members of the Academy.

Attachments

• cristina-a.jpg
    cristina-a.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 182
  • duques-a.jpg
    duques-a.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Elsa, wow!!
These are gorgeous pictures!
I especially like the 2nd pic of the Princes of Asturias. It could be one of their official picture, don't you think?
and the 1st one of the King & Princes of Asturias looks extremely regal as well.
Letizia really looks lovely & sexy (haha...) in this outfit.

---

small news from hola :

Small fire in the Zarzuela Palace

A small fire was originated in a zone of grass located in the environce of the Palace of the Zarzuela, the official residence of the Kings of Spain. The flames, that were choked immediately, originated in a zone located between the official residence of Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía and the house where Princes de Asturias reside. The fire only affected to a zone of grass and scrub near the Palace, located in mounts of El Prado

You know I can't see the photos, Elsa ;). Later :)!

But thank you on the article, it's great to see that they spent a lovely night out.

purple, thank you on the news about the fire. I'm glad it was nothing big! The problem is that Portugal and Spain already have summer temperatures and those grasses are all dry because we almost didn't have winter, so it is easy these fires to happen.

Regards,

in the last pic the King is holding hands with his daughter for the millionth time this week! it seems like lately he's doing that in every picture!:)

Aren't all the handholding pictures from the same event?

grevinnan said:
Aren't all the handholding pictures from the same event?

it's the same event but 2 days in a row and 3 days worth of pics, I've never seen him holding hands with her that much not even when she was a kid;)

I love Letizia's dress for this event, even though she has worn it before, it looked fresh and very sexy. I can't say that I liked Christina's outfit too well. I would have liked it better if she didn't have that boxy jacket on with the ruffled skirt.

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/reyes_sevilla_dia_fuerzas_armadas_900250.htm

Kings will preside on Sunday in Seville Day of the Armed Forces

The Kings accompanied by the Princes of Asturias, will preside next Sunday in Seville at the central act of the Day of the Armed Forces, which will culminate with a military parade for the streets of the Andalusian capital, it informed today the Department of Defense.

At the act there will be present the president of the Meeting of Andalusia, Manuel Chaves, the minister of Defense, Jose Antonio Alonso, the chief of General staff of the Defense (JEMAD), general Félix Sanz Roldán, and the chiefs of General staff of the Army (JEME), general Carlos Villar, of the Navy (AJEMA), admiral general Sebastián Zaragoza , and of the Army of the Air (JEMA), general Francisco Jose García of the Vega.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom