The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 9: May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what to say about this outfit. I love the dress and she really sparkles in these photos but I have to say that I do wish she put on a bit more weight. Genetic or not, I really do miss the fuller face she carried during her pregnancy.

Tiff

tiff_tiff_tiff2000 said:
I don't know what to say about this outfit. I love the dress and she really sparkles in these photos but I have to say that I do wish she put on a bit more weight. Genetic or not, I really do miss the fuller face she carried during her pregnancy.

Tiff
Well, maybe we won't have to wait so long to see this fuller face again...:D:D:D

The King and Felipe were wearing the same jackets and ties! Interesting, if they did it deliberately...;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Another lovely events of the Spanish RF.. i like how they all get along so well, and in here, we can see the King with his in-laws.
Seems like Cristina & Letizia also colour coordinated their outfits so it has similar tone.
I miss seeing Sofia here, it seems she would've love going out with her family here.
But, then again, if i'm not mistaken last year's gala dinner which took place in Lisbon, was attended by the King & the Dukes of Lugo, and Infanta Pilar. So, maybe, this year it's the Princes of Asturias with Dukes of Palma who goes.

purple_platinum said:
Another lovely events of the Spanish RF.. i like how they all get along so well, and in here, we can see the King with his in-laws.
Seems like Cristina & Letizia also colour coordinated their outfits so it has similar tone.
I miss seeing Sofia here, it seems she would've love going out with her family here.
But, then again, if i'm not mistaken last year's gala dinner which took place in Lisbon, was attended by the King & the Dukes of Lugo, and Infanta Pilar. So, maybe, this year it's the Princes of Asturias with Dukes of Palma who goes.

The show is Monday so I do not believe that the Princes could come because they have another visit of 8 hours, from the morning to the night, this time to Fuenlabrada (Madrid). Probably the Dukes of Lugo and Palm. Already we will see tomorrow;)

ladejesus said:
They definitely are.:) It was so cute and tender. I guess being the baby girl is the same for everyone even if your parents are the King and Queen of Spain.:p

Yes, Cristina is daddy's little girl and the Queen seems to adore her as well;)

purple_platinum said:

Last year it was Infanta Pilar, the King and the Dukes of Palma (it's understandable since they live in Barcelona;))

crisiñaki said:
Last year it was Infanta Pilar, the King and the Dukes of Palma (it's understandable since they live in Barcelona;))

Crisiñaki not about which act you speak, but they are not the prizes Laureus. These prizes are every year in a country different and last year they were in Portugal.
How it has said purpleplatinum last year was the King, with the Infanta Pilar and the Dukes of Lugo. The Duke of Palm was, but the Infanta Cristina was not.

Photo credit: AFP GettyImages

crisiñaki said:
I found this pic from Getty of last year's Laureus dinner in Lisbon, Portugal.

Is it not the same event? It was attended by King, Pilar, Elena & Jaime. :confused:

lula said:
The show is Monday so I do not believe that the Princes could come because they have another visit of 8 hours, from the morning to the night, this time to Fuenlabrada (Madrid). Probably the Dukes of Lugo and Palm. Already we will see tomorrow;)

oh lula, i meant, it's good that the dinner this year was attended by Felipe & Letizia, and Cristina & Inaki.
I don't think they will attend the award as well, since yes, they'll have a full day tomorrow at Fuenlabrada. :D

ohh, I was confusing the events, my mistake
sorry Jess!:eek::eek::eek:

http://www.laureus.com/awards/stories/show_story.php-story-195

LAUREUS WORLD SPORTS AWARDS ACADEMY DINNER

BARCELONA, May 21, 2006 – His Majesty The King of Spain was guest of honour at the Laureus World Sports Academy dinner held at Casa Batlló on Saturday evening together with Mayor Joan Clos of Barcelona.
His Majesty, the Patron of the Laureus World Sports Awards 2006, will be guest of honour at the glittering Awards Ceremony, which will take place at the Parc del Fòrum, Barcelona, on Monday, May 22.

Their Royal Highnesses Prince and Princess of Asturias, Their Royal Highnesses Infanta Dona Cristina de Bourbon The Duke and Duchess of Palma, HRH Prince and Princess Feisal Al Hussein of Jordan and HE Amr Al-Dabbagh of Saudi Arabia were joined by former IOC President HE Sr Marques Juan Antonio Samaranch Torello and Hollywood stars Morgan Freeman and Cuba Gooding Jr at the dinner.
(...)

The Infanta Cristina looks amazing as well. Very proper outfit for her age and ocassion!

Thanks to all who posted the pics of the dinner evening, both Letizia and Cristina looked stunning, of course their three men looked quite good as well ;)

The princess looked amazing beyond words,the dress,accesories,hairdo and jewellry,everything is perfec,but i got disappointed with the infanta,the skirt is ok but the jacket and her hairdo are disappointing.

Wow, I love Letizia's dress, it's just amazing, she really looked Fantastic!!!

I don't like how Infanta Cristina was dressed, very ugly cloth IMO. Even her makeup and hair are very disappointing.

Thanks for the pics.

wow. double wow. :eek: i'll say, Princess Letizia stole the show! very, very gorgeous and sexy indeed. :D :)

on the 1st pic, Cristina was curtsying to her father.
We've seen pictures of Cristina & Elena curtsying to their parents. but, what about Letizia? Does she need to curtsey to them when they're in public as well?

purple_platinum said:
We've seen pictures of Cristina & Elena curtsying to their parents. but, what about Letizia? Does she need to curtsey to them when they're in public as well?

Yes, letizia if does not come come with the King would have him that to do the reverence.

purple_platinum said:

Yes, purple. Princess Letizia does curtsy the Kings. I don't recall see her doing it to the King but there are some pictures of her curtsying Queen Sofia just before the pregnancy was announced.

And on her wedding day she curtsy and her father bowed his head to the Kings when arriving to the altar.

Regards,

mtbcm :)

LAUREUS AWARDS

From afp getty, terra and AP via yahoo

Attachments

• 71008457.jpg
    71008457.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 71008474.jpg
    71008474.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 242
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 378
  • 7207e6e0c6a53g.jpg
    7207e6e0c6a53g.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 216
  • 7207e6e0c7ea6g.jpg
    7207e6e0c7ea6g.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 265
  • 7207e6e112c40g.jpg
    7207e6e112c40g.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 173
  • 71009078.jpg
    71009078.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 202
  • 71009238.jpg
    71009238.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 71009243.jpg
    71009243.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 235
  • 71009250.jpg
    71009250.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
What a gorgeous dress Cristina is wearing! It looks similarly to Maxima's gown from Carl Gustav's birthday. It's soo... Spanish!:D

Last edited:
wow, wow, wow:eek::):):)

Cristina looks absolutely fabulous, check out the look of pride in both her husband and father's faces!:)
Another new dress, right?:rolleyes: I've never seen her wearing it

couple more from getty (different angle for the dress) with monica821's kind help;):

Cristina this night to past ... this more beautiful that never ... Wow Wow !!!!!!!
:D :D :D
Iñaki will be so happy with this woman who has so wonderful in every sense :p

More from getty

Attachments

• 71009506.jpg
    71009506.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 208
  • 71009545.jpg
    71009545.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 300
  • 71009547.jpg
    71009547.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 71009266.jpg
    71009266.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 212
  • 71009563.jpg
    71009563.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 169
I cannot see it very well... but is Cristina holding her hand with the King? :confused:
http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=laureus_2..jpg

Indeed, Cristina is wonderful tonight!

crisiñaki said:
as the little daddy's girl she is!:):D
Thanks, N!! :D Indeed as a little girl!
I have seen her very closed! I think i've never saw pictures of them holding hands... until now! :D

absolutely beautiful :) Cristina is gorgeous tonight!

Love the dress, and love it on her. She is looking thinner and more lovely than ever. Definately better with age.

...JuAnItA... said:
I cannot see it very well... but is Cristina holding her hand with the King? :confused:
http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=laureus_2..jpg

Indeed, Cristina is wonderful tonight!

as the little daddy's girl she is!:):D The King has an excellent relationship not only with Cristina but with her husband as well as shown in this pics;)

princess gertrude said:
Love the dress, and love it on her. She is looking thinner and more lovely than ever. Definately better with age.

Finallly everybody is seeing my way!:cool:

Princejohnny25 said:
Wow she looks stunning. She is such a beauty.

She's really beautiful but only glams up when necessary like her mother!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom