The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 6: November - December 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
purple_platinum said:
i guess we have to wait until days before christmas to see the christmas card. i remembered last year they released it on December 22nd.

how do they normally spend christmas? i thought they gather at La Zarzuela, then on the day of christmas (or day after) - i forgot - Cristina will travel with her family to Inaki's family in Vitoria, and so does Elena (to Jaime's hometown).

Normally they dinner in Zarzuela the day of Christmas Eve, the night of the 24th. On the following day 25 the Dukes of Lugo are in the habit of travelling to Soria with Jaime's family, and those of Palm depending of the year they travel to Vitoria or travel there a few days later (Vitoria is beyond of Madrid and I imagine that depending on the circumstances be planned of different form).
The End of Year before they all were passing it in Baqueira Beret skiing, but in the last years that the Kings already do not ski each one celebrates it for its account. For example, the Princes last two years have travelled to ski abroad, though I imagine that this year with Leonor they do not go very far.

In Spain there is celebrated the day of the Magi in the night of 5 and the 6th, I don´t how they celebrate it. The 5th is the birthday of the King, and 6 it is the act of the Military Easter, so not very well that they do.

Probably they will put the letter of congratulation in the same dates that last year, I imagine. In Spain, the vacations of the children are in the habit of beginning on the 22nd and 23rd, and from this date the people organize the vacations, and everything is a bit stopped. The 23rd is the Drawing of the Lottery of Christmas and this it is an almost the "official" beginning of the holidays.

Last edited:
lula said:
In Spain there is celebrated the day of the Magi in the night of 5 and the 6th, I don´t how they celebrate it. The 5th is the birthday of the King, and 6 it is the act of the Military Easter, so not very well that they do.

you mean the Pascua Militar? this is when we expect Letizia return to her official duties, right? i can't wait...

thanks for the explanation, lula...

btw, when is the next event for Spanish RF or Felipe, Rey, Reyes, or the Infantas? they've been quite these past few days.. but, wait... December 6th is the Spanish Constitution Day, right? i guess we'll see them then..

purple_platinum said:
you mean the Pascua Militar? this is when we expect Letizia return to her official duties, right? i can't wait...

thanks for the explanation, lula...

btw, when is the next event for Spanish RF or Felipe, Rey, Reyes, or the Infantas? they've been quite these past few days.. but, wait... December 6th is the Spanish Constitution Day, right? i guess we'll see them then..

The Day of the Constitution there is in the habit of being no act to which the Royal Family comes, it only happened 2 years ago, when it was celebrated the 25 Anniversary.

This week I do not believe that there are many acts, it is one a bit strange week. On the 6th and 8th we have holiday, and the people will have organized to be able to take 5 or 9 of rest ... so I do not believe that there are many public acts.

As for another matter, I was referring to the Pascua Militar. The press was imagining that from then the Princess would recapture her activities, and I imagine that in these dates it will be Leonor's baptism, do not believe that they wait a lot of time more.

Last edited:
i have 1 question, When did Infanta Elena & Infanta Cristina appointed as Duchess of Lugo & Duchess of Palma de Mallorca? from birth or when they were married?
As Infanta, will Leonor receive her own dudekom ?

purple_platinum said:
i have 1 question, When did Infanta Elena & Infanta Cristina appointed as Duchess of Lugo & Duchess of Palma de Mallorca? from birth or when they were married?

They received them when they married. ;)

purple_platinum said:
i have 1

Leonor will be Princess of Asturias, when her father become King of Spain.

fanletizia said:
Leonor will be Princess of Asturias, when her father become King of Spain.

but, isn't the succession law still prefer male?
if so, in couple of years, if Felipe & Letizia have a baby boy, then the boy will become Infante & thus, Prince of Asturias, right?

purple_platinum said:
but, isn't the succession law still prefer male?
if so, in couple of years, if Felipe & Letizia have a baby boy, then the boy will become Infante & thus, Prince of Asturias, right?

Exact, though we all hope that it could change and that Leonor is in a future Pricesa of Asturias, but it is necessary to have patience, is political.;)

lula said:
Exact, though we all hope that it could change and that Leonor is in a future Pricesa of Asturias, but it is necessary to have patience, is political.;)

i agree, lula.
until further change, i suppose leonor will remain Infanta of Spain. even if succession law is not passed, i hope the future king (felipe) will grant Leonor her own dudekom. but, yes, i would better see her as Princess of Asturias.

btw, what is the next event for SRF? are they already on holiday break? miss seeing them... :eek: :eek:

purple_platinum said:
i agree, lula.
until further change, i suppose leonor will remain Infanta of Spain. even if succession law is not passed, i hope the future king (felipe) will grant Leonor her own dudekom. but, yes, i would better see her as Princess of Asturias.

btw, what is the next event for SRF? are they already on holiday break? miss seeing them... :eek: :eek:

This week seems to me that there will no be acts, it will be necessary to wait a next week. Tuesday was a holiday and tomorrow it returns to be a holiday, this week is a bit strange, and great people are of rest so it is normal that there are no acts, because everything is a bit stopped.
The Prince has an act on the 12th, for the rest of family it will be necessary to wait a next week and to see the agenda.

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/erc_pleno_congreso_636671.htm

The parliamentary group of Esquerda Republicana (ERC) will introduce, next Thursday, a new debate in the Plenary Session of the Congress about nobility titles, with the intention of suppressing all them, including those that are attached to the members of the royal family, except the one of Prince of Asturias, since this is the title established by the Constitution for the Heir to the Throne.
Their argumentation is based on the idea that the distinction of nobility titles 'is born from privileges established during the Middle Ages and that have been legitimized and extended by successive legislations throughout the History’, but that 'actually supposes the legalization of a feudal system of social classes’.

Elsa M. said:
http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/erc_pleno_congreso_636671.htm

The parliamentary group of Esquerda Republicana (ERC) will introduce, next Thursday, a new debate in the Plenary Session of the Congress about nobility titles, with the intention of suppressing all them, including those that are attached to the members of the royal family, except the one of Prince of Asturias, since this is the title established by the Constitution for the Heir to the Throne.
Their argumentation is based on the idea that the distinction of nobility titles 'is born from privileges established during the Middle Ages and that have been legitimized and extended by successive legislations throughout the History’, but that 'actually supposes the legalization of a feudal system of social classes’.

Would this include the ones the Infantas have and potential titles given to Leonor's siblings? So that the only individuals with titles in Spain would be the King, Queen (and her consort), and the next direct heir?

The ERC how always being a nuisance. They are a Catalan independence and republican group .... they will not achieve that it is never approved, because they have a minimal quantity of votes. Both majority parties would not approve it, in Spain hundreds of pertaining to nobility, some titles there are with centuries of history, to eliminate them it would be to eliminate a part of the history of the country.
ERC always seeks to call the attention, and how the government of the PSOE needs them to govern, we have to bear all the Spanish the stupidities of some few ones. :mad:

Thanks for the explanation lula. I wasn't aware that the ERC were a minorit sector of the country and that their request to abolish titles wasn't widely supported.

Elsa M. said:
http://www.fuerteventuradigital.com/portal/noticias/noticia.asp?canal=politica&fecha=20051215&hora=171212

The Plenary Session of the Congress rejected today, with the votes of the PSOE and the PP, the pretension of Esquerda Republicana (ERC) to suppress the nobility titles.

Problems between the Royal House and the Prince's House

I found this article that speaks about some problems between the Kings and the Princes.

http://www.hispanidad.com/noticia.aspx?ID=10050

I don't believe in what the article says... but we never know... and i think that this isn't true... but i thought that it could be interesting to discuss this here... :)

Here is the translation:

SAR Felipe de Borbón: "it has said she"
It House to It of the King and the House of the Prince, more separated than ever. Father and son as soon as they have another relation that the imposed one by its public obligations. The ruling crispation in the country arrives at the Zarzuela, and not indeed because of Carod. From Palace they try to avoid that some newspaper orders a survey on the popularity of the Prince.

It is the glossed between the friends of King more and not expressed phrase, indeed, of charitable form: "she has said to It". Mofa is one of which it affirms, and apparently not a single time, inheriting prince SAR Felipe de Borbón and Greece, to justify any decision, or uproots, to the Real House and its own family. "It", naturally, is SAR Doña Letizia, future queen of Spain. A journalist next to the Royalty thus explained it to Spanishness: "Leticia will be a queen who will not look for the love, but the admiration of the Spaniards". And, apparently, they do not have the smaller interest in disguising it.

The spacing, when saying of the next ones to the King and the Prince, is maximum. It is more, Don Felipe has reviewed its friendships and their contacts since it contracted marriage. The Monarch, at the same time, begs between the economic powers and political supports to its son, so that the Spaniards happen of juancarlistas to felipistas, and its persistence is the concrete sample of which it has not obtained it.

In the familiar scope, specially with Reina of Spain, Doña Sofía, the relations are not the best ones either. Now, more than ever, that can be spoken of exists the Real House and the House of the inheriting Prince. And every day less connected. Father and son have reduced his relations to the necessary minimum, to be exact, to which they come imposed by his public obligations.

On the other hand, the prince specially seems totally absent of the political problems of the territorial tension. Until now his assignment he was to narrow bows with Hispano-America, land this that his father yielded to him in exclusive right. Nevertheless, from his marriage he has reduced his visits to Hispanomérica and, which is worse, it does not seem to interest great thing to him. Until in the employer's association certain malaise, because if something has embroidered Juan Carlos I has been its work like commercial ambassador and defender of the Spanish companies in the outside, and very in special has arisen in its Latin American investments. In other words, the industralists preferred the support of the father wing absence of the son.

But what he worries more it is the lack of popularity of the inheriting prince. From Zarzuela, one requests the publishing groups that do not make surveys on the popularity of the Prince. At the moment, Doña Letizia counts the support of the progressive press yet, even more than her husband, to whom considers itself "prim more". But the advisers of image of the Their Majesty know that a thing is what to the means and another one say what thinks the town.

oh my god!!! :eek:
Is this a reliable source?

crisiñaki said:
oh my god!!! :eek:
Yes.. i went to google noticias (of spain) and in the second page there is this article... you can do that.... ;)

oh my god!!!
Yes.. i went to google noticias (of spain) and in the second page there is this article... you can do that....
Well, we have here different things to point out:

1. This is not anything close to a reliable source. This is a online publication, just like hundreds of others that can be found over the Internet and that are anything but not information. None of the actual newspapers has ever written anything about this and we all should already know that just because a magazine or site says something that doesn't mean it's true. Just because several German magazines said that Letizia was anoretic, suffered several miscariages (during just one year of marriage!!!), that Leonor's life was in danger, that Felipe has a mistress, etc, etc that doesn't mean it's true at all!!... We all should be able to see this, after all we've already seen published in online tabloids about the Princes of Asturias...

2. This piece doesn't belong to Yahoo news, Juanita. You found it in the Yahoo search engine (which is nothing more that Google, for example). It only searches webpages of online publicacions where the name of the Princes happen to appear. Yahoo search news is thus different from Yahoo News. Two complete different things... which explain why this is not a reliable source, as I said before.

3. This article is pure gossip based on false information. This is all so non-sense that I wouldn't get the trouble to point one by one. Just as an illustration, let's see this piece
...JuAnItA... said:
from his marriage he has reduced his visits to Hispanomérica and, which is worse, it does not seem to interest great thing to him.
Anyone who has accompanied the first year of marriage (and most of us has do it here at The Royal Forums) know this is absolutely false. Since the marriage, the Prince has made several official visits to Latin American countries and accompanied all the swerring-in ceremonies of Latin American Presidents, reenforcing an area in which he has always developed a remarkable work. And in 2006, it is already announced that they will made several other visits of the kind.

We can only debate things if we know what we are discussing. And this is pure gossip, written by Letizia's detractors, who like earn money by using the name of the Princes of Asturias.

Last edited:
go Elsa M go!!
you should be hired at Zarzuela Press Department, no one defends the SRF more than you!!! :D :D

In this web always bad things publish on the Royal Family, are in the habit of publishing very reactionary articles, so it is very slightly trustworthy.

Letizia is the easy reveille for certain journalists and for certain prominent figures who will never accept it as wife of the Prince. When the commitment promised to be, the rumors were saying that Marichalar could not see Letizia, because he was considering her to be to much little. Then it has demonstrated that they have very good relation, Jaime gave her shoes for her wedding, they went out to eat together and there are photos of them speaking and Letizia's images helping Jaime to lower a few stairs.

Letizia looks like always a culprit of all the evil of the universe .... whenever the fault happens a little done her to her. They face always someone of the Royal Family, also they said that really the Queen did not like and that everything what she was doing the Queen was to pretend.
In Spain, it is said that an image costs more than thousand words ... and only it is necessary to see the images of the day of the Receipt on the occasion of 30 Anniversary. The images of the happy Princes and smiling they did them in the moment in which the Kings were doing the photography to themselves with the journalists.

This type of rumors are in the habit of having two sources. Or people reactionary or of very republican ideas .... or people of very good family, very good social or economic position that if Letizia is not left to handle rumors invent on her. Always there is a group of power that moves around the King, of people of power who tries to obtain benefits. The Queen was criticized very hardly certainly sector of the high society when she decided that the court should not exist ... Sofia never left to handle her and sample of it is that today in day she does not have any Spanish friend. Her life does it with her sister and her cousin.
Letizia is a woman with strong personality, intelligently and that knows what wants. She is anybody easy of dominating neither of manipulating and it there are persons those who do not like anything.

There have been recent surveys on the Prince and these are positive enough towards his person, so this article does not say the truth. His speech in the Prizes Prince of Asturias was praised by the majority of the serious journalists of this country.

I think Letizia has a very good relationship with the SRF specially with the Queen and Infanta Cristina...
They are like a closed knit family (a "piña" as Spanish people said) and they have to live with gossip, intrigue and the rest of least pleasent stuff aout being Royal, but it has always been done with class and dignity, so GO SRF!!! :D

crisiñaki said:
I think Letizia has a very good relationship with the SRF specially with the Queen and Infanta Cristina...
They are like a closed knit family (a "piña" as Spanish people said) and they have to live with gossip, intrigue and the rest of least pleasent stuff aout being Royal, but it has always been done with class and dignity, so GO SRF!!! :D

Well said crisiñaki! I totally agree :p

I agree with all of you!!
Well i put the article here on the forum because i want to know the opinions of other people! Because we can see the good relationship of Princess Letizia with the other members of the family!
And this article is like other articles of the anorexia and miscarriages of Letizia, but her pregnancy was the end of all those things that some people said!
And now Letizia is mother (of the possible next Queen of Spain) and she is very happy like the rest of the family... and we can see that by the photos of the royal family that were taken in the celebration of the 30 anniversary of the enthronement of King Juan Carlos!
And, besides that, i always said that i don't believe in that article and it can be false!! I never said that the article is true!!

Last edited:
...JuAnItA... said:
And this article is like other articles of the anorexia and miscarriages of Letizia, but her pregnancy was the end of all those things that some people said!
That's right her pregnancy was the end of all the rumors, and that is also why they have to make up more stories now to talk about like "her and her baby's life was in danger during delivery". We have to admit that some of the press people hate her, but they can't get enough of her. Now that she has produced a child, all the infertility rumors are history. In the next few years we can pretty much assume that they're going to say that Felipe is having affairs and she's doing a Diana. But for the next month of January I just have a feeling that they're going to attack her again by saying that she has the upperhand in the selection of godparents especially if neither one of Their Majesties is a godparent just like what the press said with their choice of name for their daughter. Letizia can't win because she's an easy target.

The thing about Letizia is that her public person is very different from Queen Sofía (who's almost never critizied by the media, kind of an "untouchable") so they are waiting for them to be equals, to behave in a similar way; the media cannot understand that QS & Letizia are from extremely different backgrounds: QS was taught to be queen since she was born, that's why she's so... regal to put it, but I think Letizia is doing a great job, she's learning very fast and she has the unconditional support of the SRF, so I believe the Princes of Asturias are going to do just fine in the future even with the media circus around them...

crisiñaki said:
The thing about Letizia is that her public person is very different from Queen Sofía (who's almost never critizied by the media, kind of an "untouchable") so they are waiting for them to be equals, to behave in a similar way; the media cannot understand that QS & Letizia are from extremely different backgrounds: QS was taught to be queen since she was born, that's why she's so... regal to put it, but I think Letizia is doing a great job, she's learning very fast and she has the unconditional support of the SRF, so I believe the Princes of Asturias are going to do just fine in the future even with the media circus around them...

Plus she's not giving all sorts of interviews, running her mouth off and is used to being the public eye. She has class too.

fanletizia said:
Monday 19 of December

The Royal Family will be in the delivery of the National Prizes of Sport 2005 that will be celebrated in the Palace of Pardo.

http://actualidad.terra.es/provincias/pamplona/articulo/gobierno_navarra_madrid_premios_nacionales_645745.htm

Will Letizia be there? :eek:

last year it took place on 30th September, and Letizia attended along with the rest of SRF.

it would be great seeing her again, but i'll understand if she decided to stay with Leonor.

(picture from casareal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom