The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 9: May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elsa M.

Heir Apparent , TRF Author
City
--
Country
Portugal
Welcome to the new thread for the Royal Family of Spain.

The old thread can be found here.

Please keep in mind our
Posting Rules & Guidelines:
*this thread is for current events only;
*do not forget providing sources for all images and articles;
*be respectful to the opinions of others, even if you disagree.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Gala dinner of Laureus Prizes in Barcelona

from terra

Attachments

• 7207e622c6f7fg.jpg
    7207e622c6f7fg.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 461
  • 7207e622c68d9g.jpg
    7207e622c68d9g.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 363
  • 7207e622c21bcg.jpg
    7207e622c21bcg.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 683
  • 7207e6225b1acg.jpg
    7207e6225b1acg.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
fanletizia said:
Gala dinner of Laureus Prizes in Barcelona

from terra
Thank you fanletizia for these first pictures! :)

This is a very different look for Letizia! I am not used to seeing her in such a short dress or all glittery like this! She looks like she is ready for a hot night on the town while Felipe looks like he's heading to a prep school meeting! :p

Where were the Queen and the Duke and Duchess of Lugo?

Wow, Letizia looks gorgeus in those pics. You'd never guess that she had a baby just six months ago!

Thank you Fanletizia!!!!!!! I am charmed with the photos, they are the whole surprise, I hope that we could see more photos of this dinner.:D

Alexandria said:
Where were the Queen and the Duke and Duchess of Lugo?

The Dukes of Lugo have tomorrow an act in Madrid. The Queen probably with her grandsons and grandaughters. I hope that we are lucky and there are photos of this dinner. The Laureus continue with its acts until Monday, so probably we have opportunity to see the members of the royal family in other acts.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
UAAUU!!!
Spectacular Letizia!! Prettier than ever!! Very very beautiful. :)
We can see that she's happier than ever before and with self-confidence. :)

both letizia and christina looked beautiful and elegant. simply stunning.

I agree spetacular Princess in a so simple dress. She is a absolutly stunning. The both, Felipe and Letizia look radiant. Many thanks for this pics, a surprise making my day !

As I waz so surprised by this wonderful shots I forgot to ask what is the Laureus Prize and when this pics were shooten ?

I am very glad surprise fot this pictures.... Letizia is so SEXY in that dress.. Cristina looks great too.. how sweet grandma taking care of the kids

Wow, what a nice surprise!. Letizia looks gorgeous, really sexy.

Thank you so much for the pictures.:)

I bet any new mother would kill for Letizia's figure right now. She looks great and that dress is fantastic! It does look like she's ready to go out and dance at a club. :)

Letizia is really sexy in that dress, she should have take off the overcoat in the previous engagements!!! her figure is great after giving birth to Leonor!!

http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20060521/51261375705.html

The most royal laureates

Surprise in Gràcia's walk. It was falling down the evening and, suddenly, tourist who yesterday were fighting to photograph the house Batlló and the paseantes that, since former, were looking at the shop windows of the most commercial walk of Barcelona were not going out of his amazement. The King, the princes of Asturias, the dukes of Palm and a sinnúmero of legends of the sport appeared to the feet of Antoni Gaudí's emblematic building to attend the first one of the dinners that this weekend are celebrated in Barcelona on the occasion of the delivery of the prizes Laureus, the Oscar of the sport. It of last night it was a private dinner served by The Bulli de Ferran Adrià, at which there were present the members of the Academy Laureus, founded by 42 legends of the sport presided by the champion Olympic double Edwin Moses.
(...)

Though the best thing was for coming: the princess of Asturias with a garment of lentils and the infanta Cristina, with a suit of color beige, they removed besides plaudits, compliments and the complaisent look of their respective husbands, the prince Felipe and the duke of Palm, while the King was posing proudly together with all of them.
Don Juan Carlos will preside tomorrow, on Monday, at the show that will be celebrated in the Parc del Fòrum, where they will deliver the Laureus to the best sportsmen and sportswomen of the year.

From Face to face

Attachments

• 00947462.jpg
    00947462.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 352
  • 00947464.jpg
    00947464.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 444
  • 00947465.jpg
    00947465.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 419
  • 00947466.jpg
    00947466.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 327
  • 00947487.jpg
    00947487.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 226
  • 00947488.jpg
    00947488.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 247
  • 00947492.jpg
    00947492.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 310
  • 00947493.jpg
    00947493.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 369
  • 00947494.jpg
    00947494.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 320
  • 00947495.jpg
    00947495.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:
Leti is very beautiful and sexy..thanks guys for posting these pictures. please correct me if I'm wrong..was she wearing a new earings?thanks.

http://www.laureus.com/awards/stories/show_story.php-story-190

HIS MAJESTY THE KING ATTENDS LAUREUS AWARDS

BARCELONA, May 20, 2006 – His Majesty The King of Spain has accepted an invitation from President Nelson Mandela to be the Patron of the Laureus World Sports Awards this year. With other members of the Royal Family, His Majesty will be guest of honour at the glittering Awards Ceremony, which will take place at the Parc del Fòrum, Barcelona, on Monday, May 22.
A great sports lover, His Majesty was an Olympic competitor in the Dragon class sailing at the 1972 Olympic Games in Munich. He was a guest at last year’s Awards Ceremony and has been an enthusiastic supporter of this year’s Awards in Barcelona.
The words of Nelson Mandela – ‘Sport has the power to change the world’ – at the first Laureus World Sports Awards in 2000 have been embraced by everyone at Laureus. He has been the Patron of Laureus since he delivered that famous keynote speech in Monaco.
(...)

Getty

BARCELONA, SPAIN - MAY 20: Laureus World Sports Academy members pose for a group photo with His Majesty King Juan Carlos of Spain (5thR) at the Laureus World Sports Academy photocall at the Pau Casais II - Hotel Arts on May 20, 2006 in Barcelona, Spain.

Attachments

• 57668505.jpg
    57668505.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
bigheadshirmp said:
Letizia is really sexy in that dress, she should have take off the overcoat in the previous engagements!!! her figure is great after giving birth to Leonor!!
I don't agree I think she has too skinny arms, in this dress her head looks too big.
The dress is beautiful but she need scarf or smth on her arms.
I like her hairdo and earrings.

Last edited:
i also thought about the skiny arms when i saw the first pictures, but in the second ones (face to face for example, with better quality) i was surprised to see what an spectacular figure she has. who may say she gave birth to a baby 6 months ago?

by the way, the dress is the same one she wore for the antonio asensio awards combined with that lovely coat she wore to the principe de asturias awards in her first ceremony.

Last edited:
carlota said:
i also thought about the skiny arms when i saw the first pictures, but in the second ones (face to face for example, with better quality) i was surprised to see what an spectacular figure she has. who may say she gave birth to a baby 6 months ago?

She is like that, I do not believe that she has done a lot of efforts to recover her figure. This week that the press has chased to the sister of Letizia,has made to itself evident once again that it is something genetic, her sister is like she.;)

What a surprise! Letizia is beautiful with that dress, is very elegant and the weather is hot for this type of dress. Cristina´s dress i don´t like very much, he looks older. The men are handsome and very proud and the king are happy.

http://www.hola.com/actualidad/imgActualidad/index.html?currentDay=21-05-2006&currentImg=10

The Royal Family supports the Prizes Laureus

Don Juan Carlos, accompanied by the Princes of Asturias and the Dukes of Palm, came to the dinner of show of the Prizes Laureus, and which attended sportsmen and sportswomen, artists and personalities of the world elite in the Parc del Fòrum of Barcelona. The Prizes, which this year possess the sponsorship of Hola!, they are the only awards of the world sport that honor the principal masculine and feminine sports of all the sports every year.

As, for the princess of Asturias, we have to make an analysis of her way of dress and hold under the microscope :mad: , LET'GO!

Yes the Princess has a big head ( winter or summer ) a long neck ( beautiful with long neck sweeter or whithout) graceful shoulders ( for someone too thinner ) some bust ( able to breast-feed ) a wasp waist without paunch :p ( euphemism ) some woman hip ;) , long and fine legs. I can't appreciate the fit of her feet.

Ok, with this silhouette she is standing like a ballet- dancer ( because she learned it when she was young( Many thanks Daddy and Mumy Ortiz Rocasolano! )

She is wearing all days long either quiet working woman outfits with sober skirts or pants ( You know the ctiticisms !!!!) or for the galas very refined dress but very sober too ( the single and tremandous exeception: the very famous long red dress !:D )

AND, when she is wearing a very decent and simple summer dress it's the crime !!! :confused:

As we can see, she is very radiant, confident and GLAMOUROUS with this dress. She looks more young as usual ( yes with her big head, long neck and so on....)

If I could request something to the Princess, it should be " please more often, you look so marvellous like that " ( I apologize for the protocole... ;) )

I summarize: the Princess of Asturias was absolutly fantastic with this dress ans I'm sur that Felipe is thinking he is a happy and lucky man:D

It's not the first time that we can saw the Princess of Asturias with a summer dress.

( from seegers )

I didn't remember very well the date, but I beleive it was in july 2005 .

yayauw said:
Leti is very beautiful and sexy..thanks guys for posting these pictures. please correct me if I'm wrong..was she wearing a new earings?thanks.

I think yes she is wearing new earrings which fit to her very well. The bracelet is new ( for us ) and very beautifull with the all.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom