The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 9: May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
add me to that! i'm not too sure about the ruffles of the dress but she really does look lovely! :)

Images from facetoface

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 163
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 162
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 199
from wireimage

Attachments

• 8741198abrilabril523200655150AM.jpg
    8741198abrilabril523200655150AM.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 174
  • 8741199abrilabril523200655200AM.jpg
    8741199abrilabril523200655200AM.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 157
  • 8741202abrilabril523200655211AM.jpg
    8741202abrilabril523200655211AM.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 8741204abrilabril523200655220AM.jpg
    8741204abrilabril523200655220AM.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 166
  • 8741301abrilabril523200655311AM.jpg
    8741301abrilabril523200655311AM.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 186
  • 8741302abrilabril523200655323AM.jpg
    8741302abrilabril523200655323AM.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 185
Cristina looks absolutely fabulous and the dress is gorgeous.

The Infanta belongs at this kind of woman whom the beauty burts with the motherhood. It's not the first time that we can see her so beatiful, remember her dress for the gala diner before the Princes 's wedding, it's was superb too.

In the last photo, is Simoneta right?

Last edited by a moderator:
From londonfeatures

Attachments

• 23890584.jpg
    23890584.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 143
  • 23890585.jpg
    23890585.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 23890586.jpg
    23890586.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 23890583.jpg
    23890583.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 160
  • 23890576.jpg
    23890576.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 23890575.jpg
    23890575.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 23890574.jpg
    23890574.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 128
...JuAnItA... said:
In the last photo, is Simoneta right?
Yes, it is Simoneta :p

from londonfeatures and newscom

Attachments

• 23889906.jpg
    23889906.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 23889902.jpg
    23889902.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 161
  • gamma381547.jpg
    gamma381547.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 184
  • gamma381553.jpg
    gamma381553.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 158
Christina's dress looks gorgeous!
I love the pictures of her and King Juan carlos. Very lovely. :)

I'm sorry that I have to repeat it :p but Cristina looks breathtaking, so wonderful...I need that dress as well! :D ;)

I have never liked Cristina. She always has had fame to be the most unpleasant one of the Spanish real family. On the contrary Elena is very likeable and she is much more elegant than Cristina . Neither I have never liked Cristina, nor like me, nor pleased me by many stunnig red dresses she wear.

Lauritas138 said:
I have never liked Cristina. She always has had fame to be the most unpleasant one of the Spanish real family. On the contrary Elena is very likeable and she is much more elegant than Cristina . Neither I have never liked Cristina, nor like me, nor pleased me by many stunnig red dresses she wear.

Can u please elaborate on Elena's reputation of being the most unpleasant in the spanish royal family. i dont know much about her and am curious on what your basing your dislike of her on.

Lauritas138 said:

It is not true what you say, not itself in which base you to say those false comments, if read the last articles of press they said of her that is the most pleasant and nice one of the three brothers, never does rare things and sample to its children without problems thing that its not so much brothers.:mad: :mad:

Last edited:
They are different attitudes in very different lives.

The Prince is afraid to the press, they have pressed him always and have analyzed all the elements of his life. They took charge destroying each of his girlfriends and now they do it with his wife and the family of this one. Now it be have of what they could do with Leonor, there have been certain things that start being afraid thinking about the future. In addition the Prince must flee of certain type of press for his institutional role, is a difficult balance. Though the journalists who continue habitually him, are agree in that now he is more relaxed and nice. His life is difficult, to go out to the street with his wife and his daughter is an almost impossible mission.

The Infanta Elena always has been the the nicest and opened. But she has passed for hard moments in her personal life, and the jeers and the critiques about his husband must damage very much. Nevertheless recently a group of journalists has nominated her to a prize as nice personage with the press. It does not like that the paparazzi chase her in the door of her house or in the college of the children, but she continues behaving in a nice way in the short distances.

The Infanta Cristina lives in Barcelona and it does her different life, has more independence and freedom. She comes to the official acts that she has, but to part of it she does not develop a role in the social life of Barcelona as the one that she would have to develop in a city how Madrid. She can come to a park without they bother her, thing that the Infanta Elena would have more difficult and almost impossible the Prince. In Barcelona, there is the great one less press that in Madrid, the press i photographs her children but especially in the special days (birthday, day of the father, vacations ...) or some weekends that all the united children go out. But the photographies can make them one or two paparazzi dedicated to it whom sure that already they know, and they support to enough distance. The Infanta Cristina is not submitted to pursuit by the street as those who do in occasions the infanta Elena.

They have different lives, in different cities, where the things work of different way. In case of the Prince, he has a responsibilities that do not have his sisters and a life also difrente that limits more his movements.
Every journalist says a thing, a few days praise them and when there is a failure they are criticized. It is dificult of saying. What it seems to be certain is that in person and speaking the Infanat Elena always has been the extrovert and nice, with a character more similar to her father.

Sorry Monica but i always have hear this coment about Cristina and Ialso notice it.I have often seen Cristina in tv and I have seen disagreeable gestures towards the press… and this is the reality.
I like Elena,she is much more friendly than Cristina.This is my opinion and I feel it if you have not liked´.
...and I want to clarify that I have not invented this.

Last edited:
Lauritas138 said:
Sorry Monica but i always have hear this coment about Cristina and Ialso notice it.I have often seen Cristina in tv and I have seen disagreeable gestures towards the press… and this is the reality.
I like Elena,she is much more friendly than Cristina.This is my opinion and I feel it if you have not liked´.

http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/arts/48134.asp?tt=

So that you see that I say the truth...you do the same your and copies aqui the articles... I rather have the information very different from yours and they have said to me that he is most pleasant of the three, good of Elena that she is wonderful, but of Felipe I cannot say the same I see him quite insipid.:D

This is my opinion :D :p

Monica I have already read this articulate and it seems to me totally false and remote of the reality. This never has been thus.

I continue maintaining that infant Cristina is the unpleasant one of the three brothers. I have never seen a badly gesture of Elena or Felipe towards the press. Nevertheless I have seen Cristina in TV several times with a stupid and unpleasant gesture in her face.

Look the commentary that wrote LULA about Elena:
"Nevertheless recently a group of journalists has nominated her to a prize as nice personage with the press. It does not like that the paparazzi chase her in the door of her house or in the college of the children, but she continues behaving in a nice way in the short distances."

and...Felipe could be insipid but he is much more closest to people than Cristina ;)

Last edited:
monica821 said:
http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/arts/48134.asp?tt=

So that you see that I say the truth...you do the same your and copies aqui the articles... I rather have the information very different from yours and they have said to me that he is most pleasant of the three, good of Elena that she is wonderful, but of Felipe I cannot say the same I see him quite insipid.:D

This is my opinion :D :p

I do not find the article, but this year the Infanta Elena is nominated to the Orange Prize to the nicest, and Iñaqui Urdangarín to the prize Lemon for the most antipathetic.

Then it depends on the journalists. The paparazzi criticize the Princes because they do not expose their life deprived constant and do not give spectacle, which is what they are interested them to gain money. If for them wasthe Princes would live how in Big Brother.:p

Later there are journalists who increasingly are left to go for personal sharm and antipathies.

Lauritas138 said:
Monica I have already read this articulate and it seems to me totally false and remote of the reality. This never has been thus.

I continue maintaining that infant Cristina is the unpleasant one of the three brothers. I have never seen a badly gesture of Elena or Felipe towards the press. Nevertheless I have seen Cristina in TV several times with a stupid and unpleasant gesture in her face.

Look the commentary that wrote LULA about Elena:
"Nevertheless recently a group of journalists has nominated her to a prize as nice personage with the press. It does not like that the paparazzi chase her in the door of her house or in the college of the children, but she continues behaving in a nice way in the short distances."

Good like this clear that we do not see same news in the television then we cannot continue debating...
When Cristina leaves in the TV of my house she leaves happy and very charmer and when she leaves in yours she is another one jajaja and to my she happens to me with the brothers who no longer whichever times I saw them gotten upset and bad faces.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
hahahaha...
Perhaps you would have to be much more observant and to pay close attention in the small details.
TV of my house is very objective ;)

cristina is not the heir nor having the money that elena and her family have so i think she always try to show people she is the one who has the perfect family and marriage.i find her and her husband unhappy when they are with the princes(look at the way she came to hospital after leonor's birth,or leono christening or photo session in mallorca).i think she doesn't like the attention that the princes and leonor get.she wants all the attention for her family.look how happy inaki is when he and his children are alone with photographes.maybe i am wrong but i never saw her touch her sister or brother's children in public(remember how nice leti is towards her and elena's children)anyway i find her pretendous and arrogant.but i adore her children and her love for her husband.

aryo said:
cristina is not the heir nor having the money that elena and her family have so i think she always try to show people she is the one who has the perfect family and marriage.

Do not be wrong, the Infanta Cristina and the Infanta Elena must receive a similar salary of the Royal House, and the same thing in her particular works. Jaime de Marichalar has a good economic position and has received a good heredity of an aunt. But Iñaki Urdangarín since he left the sport has done many business (some not exempt from polemic).
Now both have new house, and the house of the Infanta Cristina has bought a much bigger, luxurious and expensive house that that of her sister. It is greater people are surprised by it, because it seemed that Cristina was simpler and have surprised with this.

Let's calm down. pleeeeaaaase ;).

It is a year nomination. Maybe his year wasn't easy for Don Iñaki - the incertity surrounding his professional activity, finishing his studies, new baby, new house, high requesting kids - and he might very well feel sufocated by the media pressure.

I honestly felt that this year Don Iñaki replaced Don Jaime in the media. Even Karmele seemed surrended to Don Jaime after meeting him at a party and talking with him. Somehow, I felt that the media start teasing Iñaki on summer when he was caught letting one of his kids drive the car in a desert street.

With this amount of pressure it is normal (and I am not saying that he did) that some times he felt angry or less pleased with the media presence. - So, to end their task they offer him the Lemon Prize:( .

Infanta Elena has been through very difficult years in her life, now things are getting better and she relaxes, so she become more friendly and they - the media - decide to nominate her with the Orange Prize:) .

For both these prizes mean nothing. Their lifes will go on, with ups (lots) and downs (few), there will always be people who only see the ups and people who only see the downs (and if they can they will try to push them down a little more).

I don't know who the other nominees are for these awards but I sincerely doubt they will win:D.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

lula what i mean is elena's husband earns more money than inkai's.this is my impression from articles and photos that elena and her children dress better and more expensive but cristina's children dress like ordinary spainards.i think elena is the one who goes to forigen countries for holidays,but i think because cristina lives more like other spainards(in comaprision with other royal memebers)people like her more .

aryo said:
lula what i mean is elena's husband earns more money than inkai's.this is my impression from articles and photos that elena and her children dress better and more expensive but cristina's children dress like ordinary spainards.i think elena is the one who goes to forigen countries for holidays,but i think because cristina lives more like other spainards(in comaprision with other royal memebers)people like her more .

To dress sport clothes and mark because the Cristina children always go of mark is ordinary? because they are less clasicos than those of Elena? jajaja that good this was what lacked to read today :p :p

Then to my it enchants to me. bad that is the Cristina and the unpleasant thing and we do not say what it pleases me badly that that dresses its children returns to me crazy... I admire it :D :D

Last edited:
monica821 said:
To dress sport clothes and mark because the Cristina children always go of mark is ordinary? because they are less clasicos than those of Elena? jajaja that good this was what lacked to read today :p :p
you can't deny that elena and her children dress elegant and better than cristina.whenever i see cristina's i think maybe she buy all her children's dress on sales.maybe she gathers her money to buy such an expensive house;sorry guys but don't take this so serious as though we are talking about your family.this just our impression.let's see what happen in future.

Lauritas138 said:

It would be helpful and not as inflammatory -- not to mention prove that such notions are not invented or personal feelings but the actual feelings/perceptions of others in the media -- if actual proof was provided in regards to Cristina's "disagreeable gestures" or her unkind behaviour in public. This is also keeping in mind with our Posting Rules & Guidelines that asks for credible information.

Please provide an article or a clip from television (which was tauted as places where such things were observed of Cristina) to back up this information otherwise it will be considered contradictory to our rules and subject to removal.

Alexandria
Spanish Forum Moderator

Lauritas138 said:
I hesitate to join the controversy, but ... my sister has met all three of the siblings (never the King and Queen)--she works for a foundation in Madrid and over the years each has come to an event held by her foundation. She says that on the occassions she met them Elena was very very charming and "ocurente", Cristina was surprisingly bland and Felipe warm and engaging and significantly more handsome in real life than in photos--of the the three she thought Elena the most charming.

Alexandria said:
It would be helpful and not as inflammatory -- not to mention prove that such notions are not invented or personal feelings but the actual feelings/perceptions of others in the media -- if actual proof was provided in regards to Cristina's "disagreeable gestures" or her unkind behaviour in public. This is also keeping in mind with our Posting Rules & Guidelines that asks for credible information.

Please provide an article or a clip from television (which was tauted as places where such things were observed of Cristina) to back up this information otherwise it will be considered contradictory to our rules and subject to removal.

Alexandria
Spanish Forum Moderator
I absolutely agree with you here Alexandria;)
those who says that Cristina doesn't have a good relation with the press, please post the proof, I would love to see which news about her we missed since we have her in all news alert.:cool:

One of the things I don't like is that everytime more than the regulars (M,K,J,A, myself) says something nice about Cristina *bam* the Cristina haters appear.

Lauritas138 said:
I respect everybody's opinion about Letizia even if I (to be honest) detest her and I never post derogatory comments of her in the Current Events Threads and I hope the same kind of respect from each and every member of TRF.:cool:

Thank you very much for given me the liberty to speak my mind as it was given to the members that were attacking her.

Back on topic:
Now, do you think Cristina's dress was made by Jesús del Pozo? this looks about the same kind of work of other dresses, check out the comparisons:
10i57ya.jpg
10i5a20.jpg

Sources: Cover, Seeger Press

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom