The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 8: January - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.hola.com/abonados/casasreales/2006/05/02/leonor-barcelona/?auth=yes

Miguel Urdangarín, the youngest son of the Dukes of Palma has celebrated his 4th birthday and the Princes of Asturias, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia, along with Infanta Leonor, have travelled to the Condal City, to attend the celebration and personally take their nephews, Victoria Federica and Froilán (the children of the Dukes of Lugo) to the birthday party. The King and Queen could not attend it, since they were invited to the celebrations in Stockholm of the sixtieth birthday of the Swedish Monarch, Carl Gustav.

Infanta Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarín took advantage of the anniversary of their son, to officially present their new residence in Pedralbes to their relatives and school mates of little Miguel.

The royal family, generous with the press, has posed to the photographers, who have struggled to catch the unique image of all the royal grandchildren in a festive atmosphere.

thanks so much everyone for the brilliant pics! and it's one of those rare times when the Urdangarin boys are not dressed exactly the same. ;) i wonder how they feel...my mother used to do that with me and my sister (who was just a year older) and we both agreed we looked rather silly. he he :D

I decided to check out this thread after all the great pictures/captions people posted in the Caption This! thread. I have to say I'm happy that I did. It's so cute when the little cousins get together and play. You can tell from the pictures they are very close. I think Felipe always holds Leonor like that to show her off like any proud father. :D I bet Leonor and Irene will be very good friends. :) Since I don't know the SRF that well, can somebody tell me who are Cristina and Inaki's children and which ones are Elena's? Thanks! :)

Cristina and Iñaki have 4 children: Juan, Pablo, Miguel and Irene
Elena and Jaime have 2 children: Froilan and Victoria

From L-R:
Iñaki with Pablo (second son), Cristina holding Irene (fourth child and only daughter), Miguel (third son) with a shield, behind him his cousin Victoria (daughter of Infanta Elena) with her brother Froilan, Felipe with Leonor and Letizia with Juan (oldest son)

From face to face

King Juan Carlos with Cristina. The photos are of Sunday the King had lunch in house of the Infanta Cristina, and then he surrendered to his annual review in a clinic of Barcelona that is near house of the Infanta.

Attachments

• 00928116.jpg
    00928116.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 249
  • 00928118.jpg
    00928118.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 319
  • 00928119.jpg
    00928119.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 370
  • 00928120.jpg
    00928120.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 303
  • 00928121.jpg
    00928121.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 316
wow, thanks for those pics!:)
I was wondering why the King didn't visit Cristina while in Barcelona but I guess he went and gave Miguel his present :D
and by the looks of it, she's daddy's girl :)
it seems like the King is taking fashion advice from Jaime:rolleyes::confused::D

Last edited:
Oh, the king is very sweet with his little girl....without children near, I think he feels she is his little girl always!
Thanks for the photos, I like them very much.

thanks for pics! it's great to know just how tightly knit the SRF is. ;)

and i also noticed, King Juan Carlos has a thing for red pants. :D

Thank you for the lovely pictures of the family celebrating Miguel's birthday. The birthday boy looks like he's having alot of fun.

And his newest cousin seems to be enjoying herself too! By his next birthday she'll be running around with his little sister, inshallah.

Anyone Knows if the Queen was there, in the lunch in the home of Intanta Cristina, On Sunday?

http://www.especialeshf.com/bodareal/noticias/noticia217.htm

Leonor, in the birthday of her cousin Miguel

With her parents, Princes de Asturias, celebrated the fourth anniversary of the son of the Dukes of Palm.

The past 30 of April, Miguel Urdangarín turned four years. The minor of the men of the Dukes of Palm celebrated it a day before with his brothers, Juan, Pablo and Irene. Leonor and her parents, Princes de Asturias, traveled to Barcelona to attend the celebration, like Froilán and Victoria Federica, although they were not their parents, the Dukes of Lugo, nor either the grandparents, Doña Sofía and Don Juan Carlos, since they were in Sweden. In addition, it was the "inauguration" of the new house of infant Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarín, in Pedralbes. When they arrived Letizia and Felipe, who is in addition godfather of Miguel, all lowered to a near park and put for the press. Miguel arrived with a shield and a sword from wood, without a doubt one of hisgifts. Later, they celebrated the celebration with his other cousins and friends.

soCal girl said:
I think Felipe always holds Leonor like that to show her off like any proud father.

I think that is not the only reason. She is very small and I think she is starting to stand on her own which would be very uncomfortable for Felipe since he would have to be twice more careful. But we asked the same question when Irene visited Leonor at the clinic and the parents carried her that way. So its a mix of proud, comfort and security :) !

soCal girl said:
Since I don't know the SRF that well, can somebody tell me who are Cristina and Inaki's children and which ones are Elena's? Thanks! :)

I've used a picture posted by priceless lula (post #138) and put some legends on it. I hope it helps.

:) Victoria and Juan F. are Infanta Dona Elena and Don Jaime de Marichalar sons.
:) Juan, Pablo, Miguel (birthday boy) and Irene are Infanta Dona Cristina and Don Iñaki Urdangarin sons.
:) Infanta Dona Leonor is Princes Felipe and Letizia first ;) daughter.

(Source of photo: facetoface)

Last edited:
Letizia looks radiant. She looks sure of herself and just very, very happy!

from semana

Irene is very very BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
The single ones and the best ones: the Princes of Asturias with their so cutie girl !!!:p :D

( from semanas ) THEY ARE ABSOLUTLY FANTASTIC !

Perfect pic adelaide! It's so big and finally it doesn't have a watermark on Leonor's beautiful face!:)

Beatiful children

I like the photos with the children a lot. They are very nice. The parents must be very proud for the family they have and espessially princess Christina with 4 children, bravo!!!

Thank you for posting the pictures!!!

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Perfect pic adelaide! It's so big and finally it doesn't have a watermark on Leonor's beautiful face!:)

You are totaly right, dear friend, that it make me very enjoy is to see the deep blue of the Leonor'eyes and the radiant and bewitching smile of Letizia, the both a true dream !:D

Thanks to all those who posted the pix! I think I've said it before and I'll say it again, love how the SRF are so family oriented and get a long so well with each other. You know they love each other very much. It's just really nice to see that even though they are royals, they're just like a normal family that love and get other long with each other so well and in such harmony. :)

vodkanokas said:
Anyone Knows if the Queen was there, in the lunch in the home of Intanta Cristina, On Sunday?
I don't think so, if they took pictures of the King there should be pics of the Queen as well but I haven't seen a single one:rolleyes:

pepperann said:
Thanks to all those who posted the pix! I think I've said it before and I'll say it again, love how the SRF are so family oriented and get a long so well with each other. You know they love each other very much. It's just really nice to see that even though they are royals, they're just like a normal family that love and get other long with each other so well and in such harmony. :)
The threads speak for themselves, there are 9 threads in the family events and this one is on its 9th page; which means there are a lot of family get-togethers and acts, they truly are a close family, probably the closest one of all RFs! :)

Last edited:
Hola has published another photo from the birthday of Miguel, where we can see their new house is still in reforms. I'm puttinh it here, since this is where all the photos from that day were posted.

From Hola:

Attachments

• rey-duquespalma3a.jpg
    rey-duquespalma3a.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 322
Brunopress

King Juan Carlos went to the bullfighting in Las Ventas with his daugher, Infanta Elena and her husband, Jaime de Marichalar. May 15, 2006 Spain Madrid, Spain

Attachments

• FM_8644315_KingJuan_IPAPr.jpg
    FM_8644315_KingJuan_IPAPr.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 215
  • FM_8644320_KingJuan_IPAPr.jpg
    FM_8644320_KingJuan_IPAPr.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 154
  • FM_8644323_KingJuan_IPAPr.jpg
    FM_8644323_KingJuan_IPAPr.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 173
I like his clothes !!!!!!!! She this very handsome :D

it seems to me that it has the clearest hair but it has left very well

Gotta love Elena's outfit, everything matched even the red ribbon on her hair!:)

I place this news here, because though only names the Kings who preside at the act, last year the Princes were representing and when the Prince was single also he was representing.;)

http://actualidad.terra.es/provincias/sevilla/articulo/reyes_dia_fuerzas_armadas_883063.htm

The Kings will preside on the 28th at the parade of the Day of the Armed Forces

Twenty-seven years after it was turning into first itinerant headquarters after its restoration, the city of Seville returns to be an institutional scene of the Day of the Armed Forces, which central act, a great military parade at that there will preside, next 28th, Their Majesties the Kings of Spain, on whom they will accompany different authorities, still for determining.

lula said:
King Juan Carlos went to the bullfighting in Las Ventas with his daugher, Infanta Elena and her husband, Jaime de Marichalar. May 15, 2006
Photo from Hola:

Attachments

• rey3a.jpg
    rey3a.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 223
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom