The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 7: December 2005 - January 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elsa M.

Heir Apparent , TRF Author
City
--
Country
Portugal
Welcome to the new thread dedicated to the current events related to the members of the Spanish Royal Family.

The old thread can be found at here.

Please note that this thread is for Current News and Pictures only.

Have fun! :)

Wow, the page looks absolutely fantastic! And I loved how they posted a beautiful HQ of Felipe & Letizia's wedding.

It looks really, really great. Let's just hope that the Christmas card follow suit next year;)

I just saw the new webpage for the Royal Family. I love the new look!

the new site is much better! Now all they need is some new photographs of the King and especially the Queen:rolleyes:

...sOfIa.... said:
the new site is much better! Now all they need is some new photographs of the King and especially the Queen:rolleyes:
That's it!!!
New photos of the Kings and the 'new' website is very very good!!! ;)

Anna_R said:
It looks really, really great. Let's just hope that the Christmas card follow suit next year;)

Yes, maybe they already took on a new director for the card and it's the same person that works on the web page ;)
I like the new design also very much and it looks much more nicer than the old one. I also hoped that Letizia would attend Pascua Militar but on the other side it's remarkable she wants to be there for Leonor.

guys.. i'm really having trouble here...
i can't seem to see the new site of casareal.
the link provided on previous thread doesn't seem to work...
could somebody point out to me, please please? (and baby steps please..)

purple_platinum said:
guys.. i'm really having trouble here...
i can't seem to see the new site of casareal.
the link provided on previous thread doesn't seem to work...
could somebody point out to me, please please? (and baby steps please..)
There is, purple_platinum:
http://www.casareal.es/index.jsp

Calm, it seems that still they have not put totally a day the new page and the former one and the new one appears, and gives mistake ... surely the next week, later the holidays will have it fixed ;) ;)

lula said:
Calm, it seems that still they have not put totally a day the new page and the former one and the new one appears, and gives mistake ... surely the next week, later the holidays will have it fixed ;) ;)

hehe... just really curious, lula.. :eek: :eek: :eek:

The website works for me. It's been about time for an upgrade, I must say that it looks really nice. I especially like the search features on the site.

the change in the website is astounding to say the least, the old one was boring and lineal, this one is much more interactive and user-friendly, so let's give the Royal house an applause after all the boos because of the now infamous "christmas card fiasco 2005"!!!:D

You're funny, Crisiñaki! :D
The new website is much, much better, but I have to say that they could take a lift with the new winds and change that family photo... Come on, Casa Real, I know you can do it!...

Wow, the new website looks fantastic! Really modern and advanced, but user friendly at the same time. A big round of applause! The only thing I can really think of for future improvements is more information in the English version, for example about the Royal Household and such things.

Last edited:
i finally see the new website...
fantastic! fantastic!
a great gift after that photoshopped christmas card. hehe...
i like the big photos of the princes of asturias & infantas' weddings

Acording to www.hola.com,

Infantas Elena and Cristina with hers respective families are in the sky station of Baqueira Beret.

from nevasport.com
El Príncipe Felipe esquía este fin de semana en la estación de esquí de Baqueira Beret, donde ha acudido acompañado por su hermana, la Infanta Cristina, y el marido de ésta, Iñaki Urdangarín, así como los hijos de la pareja. Ellos se alojan en la casa de la Familia Real, que está en la Pleta de Baqueira.
-----------------///----------------------------///-----------------------
Prince Felipe is skiing this weekend in the ski station of Baqueira Beret, where he has come with his sister Infanta Cristina, her husband and their children. They are staying at the Royal Family's House that is in the Pleta of Baqueira

crisiñaki said:
from nevasport.com
Prince Felipe is skiing this weekend in the ski station of Baqueira Beret, where he has come with his sister Infanta Cristina, her husband and their children. They are staying at the Royal Family's House that is in the Pleta of Baqueira

Of when it is this news? I say it because today it is Tuesday and not weekend, and last weekend the Prince was in Madrid, will not it be of another year? Besides, yesterday in Baqueira it was not possible to ski because it was doing a horrible weather;)

http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20060103/51215390204.html

The Infantas and her families get together in Baqueira

LA VANGUARDIA - 03/01/2006
The infantas Elenas and Cristina and her families are in Baqueira to pass a few days of rest and to enjoy the practice of the ski, one of their favorite sports. The arrival of the dukes of Lugo and the dukes of Palm to the station aranesa has raised a great expectation between the skiers and the photographers, who normally continue to the royal family, for were able to catch instantaneous relatives as nice as the led ones for the duke of Palm and his children last year, when they were beginning in the practice of the ski. The infanta Cristina could not accompany them on the tracks since she was pregnancy of her daughter Irene, born last June.
On her part, the infanta Elena, who also is a perfect skier, for years changed the skis into the snowboard. There is foreseen that both the dukes of Lugo and the dukes of Palm, as well as all theirchildren, remain in Baqueira until the day of Kings .

From Hola:

Baqueira-Beret has started 2006 with such a heavy storm, that many visitors have chosen to remain inside the hotels and not to venture themselves in the tracks now covered with snow. In spite of that, this season is the best one of the history of Baqueira-Beret (a total of 786 621 fortaits have been sold, i.e. 100 000 more than last year) and many well-known faces continue choosing this ski resort. Among them, it’s the Royal Family.
Infantas Elena and Cristina with their husbands and children are already in the greatest Spanish ski station. At the moment, the Princes of Asturias have not gone to Baqueira and it continues being an incognito whether this year little Infanta Leonor will meet the snow or not. Probably due to the heavy weather that whips the station, the Princes have chosen the pleasant climate of Lanzarote, since their vacations are limited. Surely, although the prudence decides by themselves, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia (who started receiving ski classes, as soon as her commitment with the Prince became public) will miss their traditional white escape.

Last edited:
I do not believe that Letizia could ski, probably the doctor does not allow it to her yet, sufficient time has not passed from the Caesarean. Normally they recommend to wait at least three months to do sports that require a lot of physical effort. Besides, with two months Leonor scarcely she might go out of house.
Normally the Prince is in the habit of being going to Baqueira to ski last weekend of January coinciding with his birthday. Now in Baqueira there are too many famous people and too much journalist.

Hopefully, the snow storm will finish soon and everyone on Baqueira can enjoy their vacations. I'm glad to see Elena and Cristina vacationing together, that is very good, specially for the children who will be able to enjoy sometime together.

Infants Elena in Snowboard and Cristina with skis, rest in Baqueira with their husbands and children.

Infants Elena and Cristina, accompanied by their husbands and children, spend days of rest in the ski resort of Baqueira Beret, where today they have been in the tracks, according to sources have informed into the tourist sector of the Val you would d'Aran.
Infant Cristina and her husband, Iñaki Urdangarín, next to their children, are used to visiting every year now the Val you would d'Aran, and this year also Infant Elena, her husband, Jaime de Marichalar, and the children of both have gone to the valley. Infant Elena, who also is one completed skier, years ago she changed the skis by snowboard and is predicted that the members of the Real House remain in Baqueira until the day of Kings.

http://www.nevasport.com/noticias/detalle.php?id=8666

Attachments

• 58425.jpg
    58425.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 639
fanletizia said:
Infants Elena in Snowboard and Cristina with skis, rest in Baqueira with their husbands and children.

Infants Elena and Cristina, accompanied by their husbands and children, spend days of rest in the ski resort of Baqueira Beret, where today they have been in the tracks, according to sources have informed into the tourist sector of the Val you would d'Aran.
Infant Cristina and her husband, Iñaki Urdangarín, next to their children, are used to visiting every year now the Val you would d'Aran, and this year also Infant Elena, her husband, Jaime de Marichalar, and the children of both have gone to the valley. Infant Elena, who also is one completed skier, years ago she changed the skis by snowboard and is predicted that the members of the Real House remain in Baqueira until the day of Kings.

http://www.nevasport.com/noticias/detalle.php?id=8666

Wow, are there pictures of this? I would like to watch Elena snowboarding

Last edited:
Bad weather prevents put real in Baqueira

The bad weather in Val d´Aran yesterday prevented the traditional photographic appointment of members of the royal family with mass media in level 1,800 of Baqueira Beret. The families of the Dukes of Lugo and the Dukes of Palm finally decided not to go to the tracks by the inclemency meteorological, although it hopes that the appointment with the snow of the infants Elena and Cristina, her husbands and their children is made today if the time accompanies. It will be the occasion to verify the evolutions in the ski of the grandsons of the Kings and the evolutions of infant Elena, one completed medical instructor of snowboard. Elena, Cristina and her families have been the only members of the real family that have fulfilled the traditional vacacional stay in Baqueira.

http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20060104/51215640345.html

Wao, Elena does snowboard, that is really great and it shows how good sportwoman she is. She is for sure very good if she does snowboard instead of skiing.

From Hola:

Dukes of Lugo and the Dukes of Palma were finally able to enjoy their favourite snow sports. Due to the storm that has affected Baqueira in the last days, the Infantas had not been able to go to the tracks.
This is a traditional family appointment in the winter resort, to which only the Princes of Asturias missed, as they preferred the smooth temperatures of Lanzarote, to enjoy their Christmas vacations.
As the storm went away, the Dukes have taken advantage of the last hours in the Catalan station (they return to Madrid to celebrate the 68th birthday of king Don Juan Carlos and the Military Passover) to ski with their children. Froilán and Victoria Federica shared pranks with Juan Valentin, Pablo Nicolás and Miguel, while Irene, who is still very small, did not come outside with her brothers, due to the cold.
Doña Elena has returned to the skis, after several seasons without doing it, whereas Doña Cristina has stayed away from the tracks last year, due to her pregnancy.

Attachments

• duqueslugo-nieve1a.jpg
    duqueslugo-nieve1a.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 227
  • duqueslugo-nieve2a.jpg
    duqueslugo-nieve2a.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 201
  • duqueslugo-nieve3a.jpg
    duqueslugo-nieve3a.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 265
  • duqueslugo-nieve4a.jpg
    duqueslugo-nieve4a.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
According to the last pictures that Elsa posted, it seems that Elena has prefered to go skiing, maybe because of her children, as they are skiing too. It seems to me that her husband didnt bring his skis.

From face to face

Attachments

• 00832457.jpg
    00832457.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 228
  • 00832458.jpg
    00832458.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 176
  • 00832459.jpg
    00832459.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 00832460.jpg