The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 7: December 2005 - January 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fanletizia said:
The Kings and the Princes of Asturias sent telegrams by the death of Rau

The Kings, in name of the Royal Family and of the Spanish town, have sent telegrams by the death, happened today, of ex- German agent chief executive Johannes Rau, to the president of Germany, Horst Koehler, and to the widow of the deceased.
Princes de Asturias also have made arrive their condolence by the disappearance from the statesman, to their wife.
Johanned Rau and wife were present in the wedding of Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/reyes_rau_envian_telegramas_condolencia_706450.htm

Will the Princes of Asturias attend the funeral or will it be someone else? I remembered, the princes attended the funeral of Austrian President Klestil, right? Is there a news yet whether the Spanish RF will send a representative to the funeral?

purple_platinum said:
Will the Princes of Asturias attend the funeral or will it be someone else? I remembered, the princes attended the funeral of Austrian President Klestil, right? Is there a news yet whether the Spanish RF will send a representative to the funeral?

Yes, in that occasion the Princes travelled to Austria; but this one is not the same case, since then it was a question of the Chief of the State in functions and there were international representatives; Rau already was not the President of Germany, therefore it is not a funeral of State. So I do not believe that anybody travels, I imagine that it will be anything private or for the German authorities. ;)

lula said:
Yes, in that occasion the Princes travelled to Austria; but this one is not the same case, since then it was a question of the Chief of the State in functions and there were international representatives; Rau already was not the President of Germany, therefore it is not a funeral of State. So I do not believe that anybody travels, I imagine that it will be anything private or for the German authorities. ;)
Thomas Klestil died two days before he was scheduled to leave the office of Austria's Presidency. Although the funeral of an ex-president is never a "private" funeral, this time hardly Spain would send one of its royals to represent the country... perhaps just the ambassador.

Last edited:
oh my gosh,.. just 2 days until becoming ex-president? that's quite tragic. isn't it?
but, i'm off topic now... let's get back to Spanish RF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom