The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 6: November - December 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elsa M.

Heir Apparent , TRF Author
City
--
Country
Portugal
It would be great if we can see Letizia during christmas. i miss seeing her again...
Does Spanish Royal Family attend christmas church service like in Britain or Norway, or make a christmas photo session like in Norway?
What event will we hope to see Letizia again?
Thanks..

purple_platinum said:
It would be great if we can see Letizia during christmas. i miss seeing her again...
Does Spanish Royal Family attend christmas church service like in Britain or Norway, or make a christmas photo session like in Norway?
What event will we hope to see Letizia again?
Thanks..

The Royal Family is not in the habit of doing public celebrations during the Christmas, they are familiar and private acts. The press was calculating that for January 6 day of the Military Easter we would see again the Princess in an official act. Not if she will appear in some another activity before. After the Caesarean they need from 4 to 6 weeks to recover, since it is an operation and I do not believe that the doctor leaves her before.

A new photo of the soccer match Spain - Slovakia

Attachments

• futbol.jpg
    futbol.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 382
Here is an article (with a lovely photo of Infanta Cristina and King Juan Carlos) from Diez Minutos.

http://www.diezminutos.wanadoo.es/carticulos/106065.html

Here is the translation:
The princess Cristina, affectionate with his father

The King inaugurated in the mouth of river of I Frame the Turn to the World of Candle Volvulus Ocean Race. There also the dukes of Palm were, big supporters to this sport.
Don Juan Carlos was talking with his daughter when this one treated him kindly with a soft gesture.
Iñaki Urdangarín was a witness of the hearty scene, before the King assisted the blessing of the vessels and rose to the "Movistar", the Spanish ship that participates.

Are the Queen, the Dukes of Palma and Lugo already in Greece? :confused:
Is there any pictures of it??

...JuAnItA... said:
Are the Queen, the Dukes of Palma and Lugo already in Greece? :confused:
Is there any pictures of it??

The baptism is not in Greece, is in Spain, in Lanzarote's Island where the family Morales lives .;)

lula said:
The baptism is not in Greece, is in Spain, in Lanzarote's Island where the family Morales lives .;)
Sorry... i sopused that they live in Greece! :p
But are they already in Lanzarote?

http://www.elconfidencial.com/ocio/indice.asp?id=1400

According to a survey made by the digital newspaper Elconfidencial.com, almost half of its readers do not agree with the present system of the Spanish Monarchy. The results partly agree with another survey recently published by El Mundo, which, although showing that the great majority of the society supports the Monarchy (and especially King Juan Carlos), stated an increase of the critical sector towards the institution.
Among the most significant data of these surveys, it’s emphasized an increase of those in favour of a republican system, mainly among young people and the controversies around the expenses of the Royal Family.

Monarchists or republicans, the experts consulted by that newspaper agree in several essential points regarding the future of the Royal Family: the necessity to provide its members with a greater political function and to find tools that may allow Prince Felipe to confront the problems on his way.

Fernandez-Campo remembers that "the King has a little concrete moderating power but he can exert it with the ministers, the government and the institutions". According to the Constitution ", he adds, "the King must only sanction. The King engages in a dialog and tries to mediate before a proposal becoming law". As far as the surveys that show an increase of the critical sector towards the Princes of Asturias, Campos states that "the King has had 30 years to demonstrate his worth. The Prince is less known, but he has the suitable education and the example in his family, to conquer the affection and respect of the Spaniards ".

Jose Garcia Abbot considers that "the monarchy has a democratic deficit today. Unlike what happened during the transition, it is no longer so much necessary, although it can continue being useful in a mediating role". Asked about what Prince Felipe can make to improve his image, Abbot has no doubts there are monarchists in Spain, but the Crown must surpass two tests: "At the first place; the self censure, to release itself from all taboos. Secondly, the succession reforms; the Prince has realized it. The wedding to Letizia can be seen like an attempt of democratizing the institution, by marrying a plebeian, although it can also end with the magical character of the monarchy, with its glamour".

On the other hand, Antonio Garcia Trevijano does not believe in surveys: "they do not mean anything. They are just opinions created by the dominant classes and manipulated by the mass media". Nevertheless, he interprets such popularity fall of the Royal House with the conflicts around the reform of the Catalan Statute of Autonomy. "The public opinion, by ignorance, thinks that the King can guarantee the unity. But, according to the present Constitution, the King cannot. The responsibility belongs to the political parties". "If there was in Spain a presidential republic, that figure would be a central power over the Catalan and Basque and he could veto the separatist movements". The youth "believes that the King is not worth of anything and thinks that the only alternative before the monarchy is the republic".

Last edited:
Incredible, I don't understand how people don't care about the safe in the helicopters...

Is it a pure accident (or a murder) ? Can you imagine two PP leaders (Rajoy & Aguirre) got killed together in a helicopter accident ? Have people shaken, isn't it ? I'm glad nobody died. A balance of political power is needed in Spain.

Last edited:
donnaK said:
Is it a pure accident (or a murder)?
They are still investigating it, but it seems an accident, as it was a very windy day and the helicopter was lifting from a bull-fighting arena, where the draughts are heavier.

On a different note, the Kings and the Prince of Asturias congratulated yesterday the Mexican writer Sergio Pitol, for winning the Cervantes Prize of Literature 2005. Don Juan Carlos, Doña Sofía and Don Felipe sent telegrams to the writer, in which they expressed their satisfaction for him obtaining the most prestigious prize in Spanish language.

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/reyes_principes_sergio_pitol_premio_624197.htm

Last edited:
from hola.es :

The King and the Prince, first in being interested in the health of Rajoy and Aguirre

Nothing else to find out the news, the king Don Juan Carlos and prince Felipe put themselves immediately in telephone contact with the president of the PP, Mariano Rajoy, and the president of the Community of Madrid, Hope Aguirre, to be interested in their state of health and the one of the other occupants, after knowing that the helicopter in whom traveled had starred next to the bullring of Móstoles.

When does the royal family usually release its Christmas card? I wonder what they will do this year. Hopefully it will be a big family portrait of the king and queen, their children and their spouses and all their grandchildren.

If not, it would be nice if they did what they did a few years ago and it was the king and queen with their grandchidlren sitting in front of a fireplace. That was a sweet picture.

Genevieve said:
When does the royal family usually release its Christmas card? I wonder what they will do this year. Hopefully it will be a big family portrait of the king and queen, their children and their spouses and all their grandchildren.

If not, it would be nice if they did what they did a few years ago and it was the king and queen with their grandchidlren sitting in front of a fireplace. That was a sweet picture.

They will need a long fold out card to fit everyone this days. Even though they are becoming a large family, one of the things I like the most is the unity and support they have toward each other. And they are not afraid to show it in public.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Shouldn't they have already done so? I think other royals have.

I haven't seen any official holiday cards from any of the royal families except for the one being sent out by Charles and Camilla of them with their children on their wedding day.

Which other royal families have you seen holiday cards from for 2005?

The family may have taken their holiday picture if there is one, maybe the day that Leonor was brought home from the hospital, but the Infantas and their families were not there for that one so that wouldn't be very encompassing.

Genevieve said:
I haven't seen any official holiday cards from any of the royal families except for the one being sent out by Charles and Camilla of them with their children on their wedding day.

Which other royal families have you seen holiday cards from for 2005?

The family may have taken their holiday picture if there is one, maybe the day that Leonor was brought home from the hospital, but the Infantas and their families were not there for that one so that wouldn't be very encompassing.

no, the only one that was shown was charles and camilla's. i guess we will have to wait a little bit more to see the spanish cards.

It will be necessary to wait still a bit to see the postcards, not if there will be photo of the whole family, because from the summer I believe that they all do not meet. The Infanta Cristina lives in Barcelona and when she travels to Madrid for official acts does not do it with 4 children. Already we will see.;)

carlota said:
no, the only one that was shown was charles and camilla's. i guess we will have to wait a little bit more to see the spanish cards.

Can anyone start a thread on the all the World Royals Holiday 2005 cards later on so we can see them as they come out?

Carlota, note aside, but I click on your link to save animals and was surprised to see a picture of a cat that it's almost identical to ours! That tuxedo cat Charlie has the same face colors in the same spot as our little cat, but ours is a female. Thanks for putting that link, we also contribute donations to the Humane Society every week when we buy cat food.

Last edited:
I honestly hope they don't cropped out each member of the RF's face and put it in a card like they did last year.
I hope they'll do a traditional family christmas photos with all the grandchildren...
we'll have to see...

purple_platinum said:
I honestly hope they don't cropped out each member of the RF's face and put it in a card like they did last year.
I hope they'll do a traditional family christmas photos with all the grandchildren...
we'll have to see...

I also hope that they do not repeat it of last year. I believe that they did it because they wanted that they all were, and probably they did not prepare it with sufficient anticipation to have a photo of all.:p
This year I believe that there are two options, or the photo of all if they manage to meet and to do it (they might take advantage these days that 6 and 8 it is a holiday), or the photo of the Kings, with the Princes and Leonor.

lula said:
I also hope that they do not repeat it of last year. I believe that they did it because they wanted that they all were, and probably they did not prepare it with sufficient anticipation to have a photo of all.:p
This year I believe that there are two options, or the photo of all if they manage to meet and to do it (they might take advantage these days that 6 and 8 it is a holiday), or the photo of the Kings, with the Princes and Leonor.

i guess we have to wait until days before christmas to see the christmas card. i remembered last year they released it on December 22nd.

how do they normally spend christmas? i thought they gather at La Zarzuela, then on the day of christmas (or day after) - i forgot - Cristina will travel with her family to Inaki's family in Vitoria, and so does Elena (to Jaime's hometown).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom