The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 06:26 AM
Royal Highness

It's not so glorious for a royal family to release a photoshopped card, but I believe this very year the Greek Royal Family has done exactly the same.

As for the individual card, well, the one I like the most is Cristina's family. But the card of the dukes of Lugo is stunning. Very. I'm not sure I like it, but it's so cute to see the kids have written their names on the card.

Old 12-23-2005, 06:47 AM
Nobility

Thanks for the cards. They are cute.

Old 12-23-2005, 07:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Cards, cards... I don't have to tell that this group photo with kids and the Kings is disappointing. I like this one with the Princes, Leonor and her mummy look beautiful and this smile on Felipe's face... The Urdangarins look awesome and so relaxed and happy. Elena's children are really nice and Victoria is such a cute girl. Great that they both put their childish signatures under the pic.

Old 12-23-2005, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Next year Casa Royal should hire you Anna as their artistic card designer/director!
I would be more than happy with the job. At least I wouldn't take out Victoria's arms...:p
Old 12-23-2005, 08:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
It's not so glorious for a royal family to release a photoshopped card, but I believe this very year the Greek Royal Family has done exactly the same.

As for the individual card, well, the one I like the most is Cristina's family. But the card of the dukes of Lugo is stunning. Very. I'm not sure I like it, but it's so cute to see the kids have written their names on the card.
The greek royal did the same? ohh.. maybe it is a greek tradition to do this kind of picture. I'm just sure the spanish people will be a little dissapointed about it.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:02 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
The greek royal did the same? ohh.. maybe it is a greek tradition to do this kind of picture. I'm just sure the spanish people will be a little dissapointed about it.
I'm not sure it's a greek tradition, but it's probable both families used the same "photoshopper".
Old 12-23-2005, 09:20 AM
Heir Apparent

it seems elmundo has noticed it and compared the weirdness of Irene's pics too...

http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/7527/elmundo6ep.jpg

for the article : http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2005/1...135343445.html
Old 12-23-2005, 09:23 AM
Heir Apparent

translation from elmundo article

The Real House recognizes that the congratulation navideña of the Kings is a photographic assembly

MADRID. - The Kings sent this Thursday their institutional congratulation for these celebrations. In her, the monarchs appear photographed next to their seven grandsons. What they do not clarify is that the instántanea is not real but a photographic assembly.

A spokesman of the Real House has excused east detail in which navideña only is a congratulation and that at no moment said that the image was real. This spokesman has clarified who as much the congratulations of the monarchs as those of Princes de Asturias and Dukes de Lugo and of Palm they are made particular for a reason or purpose and not of official form. Therefore, the Real House does not participate in its preparation and it is only in charge to publish them in the page official Web so that these have the Maxima diffusion.

Nevertheless, in the page Web one appears like "institutional congratulation". In the card, the monarchs appear seated in a sofa of red color. Reina takes in its arms to the small Leonor. In front of them and seated (in the same bank in that the children followed the wedding of Princes de Asturias), it is possible to be seen (of izqa. to dcha.) to Froilán and Victory Federica Marichalar and Miguel, Juan Valentin, Irene (in arms of its brother), and Pablo Nicholas Urdangarín. Nevertheless, the Kings never met with all their grandsons before the camera.

The image of Irene, the smaller daughter of the Dukes of Palm, agrees exactly with the photography that their parents have used east year also like congratulation. This it is not the only detail of the photography that calls the attention. The legs of the King and the arms of Federica Victory, smaller daughter of infant Elena and Jaime de Marichalar, do not appear in the image and Infant Leonor seems superposed in arms of Reina. Manarcas, in addition, is dressed the same form that in the session of images of presentation of the daughter of Princes de Asturias, the past month of November.

The photo, that was distributed by published EFE and in the official page of the Zarzuela, has been spread at all costs of communication. At no moment one noticed to them that the photography was a assembly. Photographer Chema Conesa, assistant director of Magazine, dominical supplement of the WORLD, indicate that the general impression of the snapshot is that it is a bottom in which, with a computer science program of image treatment, has been inserted all the personages. Specially note in outlined of Reina and the one of the its granddaughter Victoria Federica.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:32 AM
Courtier

Is terrible...I didnt like this detail coming from the Royal House of Spain...is a joke
Old 12-23-2005, 09:41 AM
Courtier

There is a very strong article against the photo on El Mundo.es:
The title is: unhappy greetings
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2005/1...135346812.html

The sad thing is that some people will use this unhappy event to criticize the RF, which is not very good, specially when you could have avoid it, just taking a better shoot. Next time they will think about it twice.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:48 AM
Royal Highness

I can't wait to see what Jaime Peñafiel is going to say...
I can imagine... he is going to bomb the Royal House with criticism...
Old 12-23-2005, 09:49 AM
Courtier

Im completely agree with you Ariel..
Old 12-23-2005, 09:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...JuAnItA...
I can't wait to see what Jaime Peñafiel is going to say...
I can imagine... he is going to bomb the Royal House with criticism...
hahaha... i can only imagine that!
well, they way i see it, the SRF has to do some damage control on early 2006, possibly on Infanta Leonor's christening by providing "real" photo this time.
but, i like the individual family's pictures so much.. they look great. :)
Old 12-23-2005, 11:30 AM
Nobility

The cards are just wonderful except the failed one of the Kings and the children... It looks really a bit weird, I agree. Next year they really have to choose a better picture or another director who knows how to do it exactly
All in all I can't say which is my favorite, they are all special.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:31 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Here's a video from Antenna 3, analysing the fake card:
http://www.antena3.com/a3noticias/se...si&id=10422672
Old 12-23-2005, 11:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

What sillier polemic, one notices that we begin the vacations and there is no news. Or probably what they want is to provoke that the Royal Family does a photo to herself the day of Christmas Eve, to have more images ... with the journalists it is never known. :p
Old 12-23-2005, 12:00 PM
Courtier

Yes it is silly and journalists can use it just to criticize. The problem is they could avoid it by doing a real photo. A photoshopped one cant be considered to send a christmas card from a royal family, that is weird. Another family who did it was the greek one but at least they ar not a reigning one. People expect real pictures because they can do their own photoshopped thing. They want to see people together and happy and if they cant get together, they could have used something different. I can imagine someone from the royal house having this idea like a great solution but now...Im sure they wont do it anymore.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:55 PM
Courtier

I think that if they tried to fool people, they shot themselves in the foot. If they thought people are stupid and were not going to realize what they had done, they were dreaming. I would not be surprised if Leonor was a look-alike doll!! Ha, ha.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:58 PM
Majesty

there's a big controversy about the fake card in spain. i was surprised that even the proper and serious newspapers and tv-programs were talking about it. felipe, letizia, and leonor's seems to be real, though.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-23-2005, 01:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
Here's a video from Antenna 3, analysing the fake card:
http://www.antena3.com/a3noticias/se...si&id=10422672
thanks for the video, Elsa!
i really want to laugh watching the video.
you can never know how detail spanish press can get until you watch this video.
i honestly think, the SRF has to do some damage control.. really soon...

feeding the press with this "fake photo" thing just when there's few news circulating is kinda ridiculous... :o :o