The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 11:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Shouldn't they have already done so? I think other royals have.

Old 12-03-2005, 11:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
When does the royal family usually release its Christmas card? I wonder what they will do this year. Hopefully it will be a big family portrait of the king and queen, their children and their spouses and all their grandchildren.

If not, it would be nice if they did what they did a few years ago and it was the king and queen with their grandchidlren sitting in front of a fireplace. That was a sweet picture.
They will need a long fold out card to fit everyone this days. Even though they are becoming a large family, one of the things I like the most is the unity and support they have toward each other. And they are not afraid to show it in public.

Old 12-04-2005, 12:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
Shouldn't they have already done so? I think other royals have.
I haven't seen any official holiday cards from any of the royal families except for the one being sent out by Charles and Camilla of them with their children on their wedding day.

Which other royal families have you seen holiday cards from for 2005?

The family may have taken their holiday picture if there is one, maybe the day that Leonor was brought home from the hospital, but the Infantas and their families were not there for that one so that wouldn't be very encompassing.

Old 12-04-2005, 07:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
I haven't seen any official holiday cards from any of the royal families except for the one being sent out by Charles and Camilla of them with their children on their wedding day.

Which other royal families have you seen holiday cards from for 2005?

The family may have taken their holiday picture if there is one, maybe the day that Leonor was brought home from the hospital, but the Infantas and their families were not there for that one so that wouldn't be very encompassing.
no, the only one that was shown was charles and camilla's. i guess we will have to wait a little bit more to see the spanish cards.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-04-2005, 08:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

It will be necessary to wait still a bit to see the postcards, not if there will be photo of the whole family, because from the summer I believe that they all do not meet. The Infanta Cristina lives in Barcelona and when she travels to Madrid for official acts does not do it with 4 children. Already we will see.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
no, the only one that was shown was charles and camilla's. i guess we will have to wait a little bit more to see the spanish cards.
Can anyone start a thread on the all the World Royals Holiday 2005 cards later on so we can see them as they come out?

Carlota, note aside, but I click on your link to save animals and was surprised to see a picture of a cat that it's almost identical to ours! That tuxedo cat Charlie has the same face colors in the same spot as our little cat, but ours is a female. Thanks for putting that link, we also contribute donations to the Humane Society every week when we buy cat food.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
Can anyone start a thread on the all the World Royals Holiday 2005 cards later on so we can see them as they come out?
We already have a thread like that; not just for 2005, but generally speaking.
See the it here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ards-4133.html

Regarding the SRF, you can see some of the cards throughout the years here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ight=christmas
Old 12-04-2005, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I honestly hope they don't cropped out each member of the RF's face and put it in a card like they did last year.
I hope they'll do a traditional family christmas photos with all the grandchildren...
we'll have to see...
Old 12-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
I honestly hope they don't cropped out each member of the RF's face and put it in a card like they did last year.
I hope they'll do a traditional family christmas photos with all the grandchildren...
we'll have to see...
I also hope that they do not repeat it of last year. I believe that they did it because they wanted that they all were, and probably they did not prepare it with sufficient anticipation to have a photo of all.:p
This year I believe that there are two options, or the photo of all if they manage to meet and to do it (they might take advantage these days that 6 and 8 it is a holiday), or the photo of the Kings, with the Princes and Leonor.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
I also hope that they do not repeat it of last year. I believe that they did it because they wanted that they all were, and probably they did not prepare it with sufficient anticipation to have a photo of all.:p
This year I believe that there are two options, or the photo of all if they manage to meet and to do it (they might take advantage these days that 6 and 8 it is a holiday), or the photo of the Kings, with the Princes and Leonor.
i guess we have to wait until days before christmas to see the christmas card. i remembered last year they released it on December 22nd.

how do they normally spend christmas? i thought they gather at La Zarzuela, then on the day of christmas (or day after) - i forgot - Cristina will travel with her family to Inaki's family in Vitoria, and so does Elena (to Jaime's hometown).
Old 12-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
i guess we have to wait until days before christmas to see the christmas card. i remembered last year they released it on December 22nd.

how do they normally spend christmas? i thought they gather at La Zarzuela, then on the day of christmas (or day after) - i forgot - Cristina will travel with her family to Inaki's family in Vitoria, and so does Elena (to Jaime's hometown).
Normally they dinner in Zarzuela the day of Christmas Eve, the night of the 24th. On the following day 25 the Dukes of Lugo are in the habit of travelling to Soria with Jaime's family, and those of Palm depending of the year they travel to Vitoria or travel there a few days later (Vitoria is beyond of Madrid and I imagine that depending on the circumstances be planned of different form).
The End of Year before they all were passing it in Baqueira Beret skiing, but in the last years that the Kings already do not ski each one celebrates it for its account. For example, the Princes last two years have travelled to ski abroad, though I imagine that this year with Leonor they do not go very far.

In Spain there is celebrated the day of the Magi in the night of 5 and the 6th, I don´t how they celebrate it. The 5th is the birthday of the King, and 6 it is the act of the Military Easter, so not very well that they do.

Probably they will put the letter of congratulation in the same dates that last year, I imagine. In Spain, the vacations of the children are in the habit of beginning on the 22nd and 23rd, and from this date the people organize the vacations, and everything is a bit stopped. The 23rd is the Drawing of the Lottery of Christmas and this it is an almost the "official" beginning of the holidays.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
In Spain there is celebrated the day of the Magi in the night of 5 and the 6th, I don´t how they celebrate it. The 5th is the birthday of the King, and 6 it is the act of the Military Easter, so not very well that they do.
you mean the Pascua Militar? this is when we expect Letizia return to her official duties, right? i can't wait...

thanks for the explanation, lula...

btw, when is the next event for Spanish RF or Felipe, Rey, Reyes, or the Infantas? they've been quite these past few days.. but, wait... December 6th is the Spanish Constitution Day, right? i guess we'll see them then..
Old 12-04-2005, 03:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
you mean the Pascua Militar? this is when we expect Letizia return to her official duties, right? i can't wait...

thanks for the explanation, lula...

btw, when is the next event for Spanish RF or Felipe, Rey, Reyes, or the Infantas? they've been quite these past few days.. but, wait... December 6th is the Spanish Constitution Day, right? i guess we'll see them then..
The Day of the Constitution there is in the habit of being no act to which the Royal Family comes, it only happened 2 years ago, when it was celebrated the 25 Anniversary.

This week I do not believe that there are many acts, it is one a bit strange week. On the 6th and 8th we have holiday, and the people will have organized to be able to take 5 or 9 of rest ... so I do not believe that there are many public acts.

As for another matter, I was referring to the Pascua Militar. The press was imagining that from then the Princess would recapture her activities, and I imagine that in these dates it will be Leonor's baptism, do not believe that they wait a lot of time more.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
We already have a thread like that; not just for 2005, but generally speaking.
See the it here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ards-4133.html

Regarding the SRF, you can see some of the cards throughout the years here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ight=christmas
Thanks Elsa! :)
Old 12-07-2005, 09:52 AM
Heir Apparent

i have 1 question, When did Infanta Elena & Infanta Cristina appointed as Duchess of Lugo & Duchess of Palma de Mallorca? from birth or when they were married?
As Infanta, will Leonor receive her own dudekom ?
Old 12-07-2005, 10:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
i have 1 question, When did Infanta Elena & Infanta Cristina appointed as Duchess of Lugo & Duchess of Palma de Mallorca? from birth or when they were married?
They received them when they married.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
i have 1
Leonor will be Princess of Asturias, when her father become King of Spain.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
Leonor will be Princess of Asturias, when her father become King of Spain.
but, isn't the succession law still prefer male?
if so, in couple of years, if Felipe & Letizia have a baby boy, then the boy will become Infante & thus, Prince of Asturias, right?
Old 12-07-2005, 11:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
but, isn't the succession law still prefer male?
if so, in couple of years, if Felipe & Letizia have a baby boy, then the boy will become Infante & thus, Prince of Asturias, right?
Exact, though we all hope that it could change and that Leonor is in a future Pricesa of Asturias, but it is necessary to have patience, is political.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Exact, though we all hope that it could change and that Leonor is in a future Pricesa of Asturias, but it is necessary to have patience, is political.
i agree, lula.
until further change, i suppose leonor will remain Infanta of Spain. even if succession law is not passed, i hope the future king (felipe) will grant Leonor her own dudekom. but, yes, i would better see her as Princess of Asturias.

btw, what is the next event for SRF? are they already on holiday break? miss seeing them... :o :o