The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 21: December 2010 - October 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
The newspaper claimes that Congo ambassador refused to shake hands with the Princess of Asturias at the diplomatic gala.

Article in Spanish
Google translation into English

It seems to me, that not shaking hands with women is due to religious rules (Islamic?).
For example, at the same reception the ambassador of Iran Morteza Saffari Natanzi didn't shake hands with the Queen and the Princess.

Christianity is the largest religion in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (96% of the population),of those about 50% are Roman Catholic & the rest belong to various Protestant Churches.

It may not have anything to do with religious reasons but rather cultural.

Women in the Democratic Republic of the Congo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It seems just plain rude to me- shake the hand of the Queen, then shake the hand of the future Queen, i say!

Obviously his embassy did not brief him well on what to expect and what he was expected to do, although I don't think you need to speak Spanish to know that when someone extends their hand to you, you shake it. Since he was not the first in the line up he could have observed how others behaved and followed their lead.

The whole not understanding Spanish is a bad excuse, he's trying to say that in a few months in Spain he never had someone say the words "Hola" or something similar to him? He was trying to snub the princess for whatever reason, and didn't expect it to get so much media attention, and now that it did he's trying to play it off, he even smirked when he walked away.

Last edited by a moderator:
King, Queen, Prince and Princess of Asturias sent telegrams to offer condolences on the death of mexican writer Carlos Fuentes.

Los reyes y los príncipes envían telegramas de pésame por muerte de Fuentes ? Literatura ? Noticias, última hora, vídeos y fotos de Literatura en lainformacion.com

Receiving the Prince of Asturias Award in 1994

http://tinypic.com/r/dpbjgw/6

Letizia Ortiz interview to Carlos Fuentes in 1993

http://www.lne.es/elementosWeb/gestionCajas/MMP/File/letizia-ortiz-carlos-fuentes2.pdf

Last edited:
This is a nice look on Letizia. Simple, if a little wrinkled, but she looks lovely. Plus, I love the lovely dovey Asturias LOL.

Letizia is lovely, and nice to see Infanta Elena too.
Gallery from Daylife

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom