The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I guess their status will be like the King's sisters today - HRH's & keeping the title Duchess of Palma/Lugo and in Cristina's case the husband without title, like Carlos Zurita.

Their pictures and activities will be removed from the website but from time to time they will take part in the core SRF's activities, like the Infantas Margarita and Pilar do from time to time.
What do you mean without title? I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Neither Iñaki nor Carlos have a personal title, but both are entitled to use Duke of Palma/Soria and Hernani as consorts.
Iñaki has never had a title

Old 12-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
I find it a bit unfair why all of a sudden Infanta Elena has to suffer the consequences of her sister's family's actions? She has all but acted quite respectably in the past. Also, if God forbid Juan Carlos were to pass away(let's face it, he had many health problems recently) SRF does need the infantas to carry on at least some of the work load. At least until the Infantas Leonor and Sofia are old enough. Therefore, I don't think cutting them off so abruptly is the wise thing to do here. Although I do understand how much it hurts the image of SRF, they should probably find a way to fix this whole mess without losing the "work force" so to say.
It would be most unfair to Elena as the eldest child .Although neither of the Infantas perform a lot of royal duties,I had hoped that as Their Majesties got older they would delegate more to the 2 daughters & not over work Felipe & Letizia.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
It would be most unfair to Elena as the eldest child .Although neither of the Infantas perform a lot of royal duties,I had hoped that as Their Majesties got older they would delegate more to the 2 daughters & not over work Felipe & Letizia.
Even if Elena was the youngest, it would still be unfair, for she had done nothing wrong. I don't think Infantas Leonor and Sofia would work as "royals" at least for the next 10 years, so if SRF were to indeed be reduced to the Kings and the Princes of Asturias and Infantas, then it looks like Felipe and Letizia would definitely overwork until their daughters are old enough.
I know that when Juan Carlos and Sofia first ascended the throne they were also so to say "alone" with two little children, but there were less activities back then. Many argue argue that in other countries the royal house is also reduced to the sovereign and the consort plus the heir and his family. But Spain is considerably larger than most of these countries, ergo more work force is required.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
Even if Elena was the youngest, it would still be unfair, for she had done nothing wrong. I don't think Infantas Leonor and Sofia would work as "royals" at least for the next 10 years, so if SRF were to indeed be reduced to the Kings and the Princes of Asturias and Infantas, then it looks like Felipe and Letizia would definitely overwork until their daughters are old enough.
I know that when Juan Carlos and Sofia first ascended the throne they were also so to say "alone" with two little children, but there were less activities back then. Many argue argue that in other countries the royal house is also reduced to the sovereign and the consort plus the heir and his family. But Spain is considerably larger than most of these countries, ergo more work force is required.
Oh I agree with you Charlotte,I guess we'll just have to wait & see what the Palace does next!
Old 12-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Infanta Elena is also indirectly related, her secretary and close friend Carlos Garcia Revenga was treasurer of Noos. When the Infanta Elena divorced, she and Revenga created a company that the King ordered to close the day that its existence was made public.

Infanta Elena and Infanta Cristina have an agenda reduced almost to social and cultural events that could do without being officially members of the Royal Family.

Infanta Pilar and Infanta Margarita have never been Royal Family, and always had an important social activity, or even official when their nephews were children.

Infanta Pilar was President of the International Equestrian Federation and International Olympic Committee member, she is now an honorary member. She also chaired the cultural organization Europa Nostra. She is honorary president of Nuevo Futuro, or member of the board of Thyssen Museum.

Infanta Margarita and her husband are presidents of a foundation that carries out many activities. She is honorary president of UNICEF Spain, ONCE, the Spanish Heart Foundation and the Spanish Federation of Hemophilia. Her husband Carlos Zurita is president of the Association of Friends of the Prado Museum.

Just being infantas, they have an intense activity.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Infanta Elena is also indirectly related, her secretary and close friend Carlos Garcia Revenga was treasurer of Noos. When the Infanta Elena divorced, she and Revenga created a company that the King ordered to close the day that its existence was made public.

Infanta Elena and Infanta Cristina have an agenda reduced almost to social and cultural events that could do without being officially members of the Royal Family.

Infanta Pilar and Infanta Margarita have never been Royal Family, and always had an important social activity, or even official when their nephews were children.

Infanta Pilar was President of the International Equestrian Federation and International Olympic Committee member, she is now an honorary member. She also chaired the cultural organization Europa Nostra. She is honorary president of Nuevo Futuro, or member of the board of Thyssen Museum.

Infanta Margarita and her husband are presidents of a foundation that carries out many activities. She is honorary president of UNICEF Spain, ONCE, the Spanish Heart Foundation and the Spanish Federation of Hemophilia. Her husband Carlos Zurita is president of the Association of Friends of the Prado Museum.

Just being infantas, they have an intense activity.
Are the Kings sisters Infantas de España,like the Kings 2 daughters?
Old 12-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Aristocracy

Of course, what else would they be, if we call them Infantas all the time?
Old 12-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaC View Post
Of course, what else would they be, if we call them Infantas all the time?
Just wanted to be sure as I've often seen Pilar refered to as Infanta Pilar 'de Borbón' moreso than 'de España'.

Thank you for answering my question AnaC.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

After the scandal Urdangarín, the House of the King has announced that will publish in the web the separation of the budget that the King receives and that for law he distributes freely.

El Rey aparta a Urdangarin por su comportamiento no ejemplar | España | elmundo.es
Old 12-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Queen Sofía visits family Urdangarín in Washington

La reina Sofía con los duques de Palma en Washington
More pictures - thanks to Foro Hispanico
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/9...591024x768.jpg
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/5...621024x768.jpg
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/6...641024x768.jpg

In context, especially the cover photo of HOLA transmits arrogance and provocation, lack of respect for people. If you want to support your daughter and her family, do it with more decency and discretion, not boasting. Its comes across like laughing at people.

This photo will one day haunt Sofia, I am sure.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Duke I agree with you and even more she is Queen Frederika’s daughter.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
More pictures - thanks to Foro Hispanico
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/9...591024x768.jpg
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/5...621024x768.jpg
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/6...641024x768.jpg

In context, especially the cover photo of HOLA transmits arrogance and provocation, lack of respect for people. If you want to support your daughter and her family, do it with more decency and discretion, not boasting. Its comes across like laughing at people.

This photo will one day haunt Sofia, I am sure.
I do not know how she is showing lack of respect for people and laughing at people in visiting her daughter and her family.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Figuras de chocolate de la Familia Real: Galería en Bekia
Los Reyes Juan Carlos y Sofía y los Príncipes Felipe y Letizia presumen de figura de chocolate - Bekia
Old 12-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Courtier

It is natural and human to laugh when meeting again with members of your family.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, and Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia have sent a telegram with their condolences to the family of former Czech Republic President Vaclav Havel

Los Reyes y los Príncipes de Asturias envían sus condolencias a la familia del expresidente Havel
Old 12-20-2011, 09:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Audience the Board of Directors of National Heritage
La Zarzuela Palace. Madrid

http://noticias.terra.es/2011/gente-...onal$599x0.jpg
http://noticias.terra.es/2011/gente-...l-00$599x0.jpg
http://noticias.terra.es/2011/gente-...l-01$599x0.jpg

Audience to the Permanent Deputation and Council of the Nobility of Spain
La Zarzuela Palace. Madrid

http://noticias.terra.es/2011/espana...deza$599x0.jpg
http://noticias.terra.es/2011/espana...a-00$599x0.jpg

PPE Agency

Spanish Royals Attend Audiences at La Zarzuela Palace - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 12-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video

José Manuel Romero Moreno, el asesor del Rey en el caso Urdangarín ? Videos en lainformacion.com
Old 12-20-2011, 02:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Spletnik -Audiences in La Zarzuela Palace
Old 12-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Nobility

Are they planning to go to funeral on Friday??

Quote:
King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, and Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia have sent a telegram with their condolences to the family of former Czech Republic President Vaclav Havel

Los Reyes y los Príncipes de Asturias envían sus condolencias a la familia del expresidente Havel
Old 12-20-2011, 05:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducii View Post
Are they planning to go to funeral on Friday??
There is no information in the web of the Royal House, these days Spain is changing the government so maybe we will know it last minute.

Spanish Royal family had good relationship with Vaclav Havel, in addition to several official visits, he received the Prince of Asturias Award and was invited to the wedding of the prince. He was also on holiday in Spain as guest at the royal residence of La Mareta.