The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 06:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
That makes perfect sense to me,Spain will be the only Royal house with no one at the wedding!

Even the Portuguese Pretender & his wife will be there,but the Spanish RF are all 'too busy'
And judging from many Spanish forums, many are quite happy the SRF is staying away from a wedding that has become a marketing promotion.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaC View Post
Then how do you explain that Juan Carlos appeared on the dossier of royals going to the wedding released yesterday by Monaco? And that yesterday Casa Real said JC called Albert to cancel due to knee problems?
I don't believe he had any intention of ever going to the wedding since his operation.

The entire story reeks of bad manners & makes the RF look bad.I hope the Palace are happy with this reflection.

I don't know anything or care about an alleged last minute phonecall from Madrid to Monaco.

Too little too late!!

Old 07-01-2011, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alondra View Post
And judging from many Spanish forums, many are quite happy the SRF is staying away from a wedding that has become a marketing promotion.
I don't understand Spanish so this is the only one I visit & judging by this forum the reaction is quite mixed.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I don't believe he had any intention of ever going to the wedding since his operation.

The entire story reeks of bad manners & makes the RF look bad.I hope the Palace are happy with this reflection.

I don't know anything or care about an alleged last minute phonecall from Madrid to Monaco.

Too little too late!!
The phonecall has been mentioned in this thread more than once. Yesterday, casa real announced the King couldn't attend because of his knee and called Albert who understood the problem.

Quote:
That makes perfect sense to me,Spain will be the only Royal house with no one at the wedding!

Even the Portuguese Pretender & his wife will be there,but the Spanish RF are all 'too busy'
Nobody from Greece, Bulgaria or Brunei appears on the royals dossier.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:27 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Then how do you explain that Juan Carlos appeared on the dossier of royals going to the wedding released yesterday by Monaco? And that yesterday Casa Real said JC called Albert to cancel due to knee problems?
Nobody disputes that, but why doesnt the King send a representative like so many other dignitaries?

"Hey Al, it's JC speaking, sorry but my knee is still bad and my family has other things to do" - sorry I don't buy that the whole issue is that easy.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The phonecall has been mentioned in this thread more than once. Yesterday, casa real announced the King couldn't attend because of his knee and called Albert who understood the problem.

Nobody from Greece, Bulgaria or Brunei appears on the royals dossier.
We will just have to agree to disagree I guess,its nothing personal just a difference of opinions.

I don't really care if the King finally bothered to call Prince Albert II it won't change my opinion.

Ok no one from Spain & Brunei,Greece & Bulgaria are former-Monarchies.

Still a pity that there won't be a Spanish Presence.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:30 AM
Serene Highness

For some reason I think ALbert wasn't as disappointed as some of you are... lol
Old 07-01-2011, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
For some reason I think ALbert wasn't as disappointed as some of you are... lol
Did he get a phonecall from you too
Old 07-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Nobody disputes that, but why doesnt the King send a representative like so many other dignitaries?

"Hey Al, it's JC speaking, sorry but my knee is still bad and my family has other things to do" - sorry I don't buy that the whole issue is that easy.
It's probably worse sending a substitute yesterday. If until yesterday Monaco was preparing everything for the King of Spain, and today they send an infante(or even a Prince) everything has to change. In a wedding with so many guests, organization and protocol it would probably be a huge mess.

Quote:
We will just have to agree to disagree I guess,its nothing personal just a difference of opinions.

I don't really care if the King finally bothered to call Prince Albert II it won't change my opinion.

Ok no one from Spain & Brunei,Greece & Bulgaria are former-Monarchies.

Still a pity that there won't be a Spanish Presence.
We'll just have to I've said everything I wanted on this topic, I'll try for this to be my last post on this
Old 07-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:

We'll just have to I've said everything I wanted on this topic, I'll try for this to be my last post on this
Ireland & Spain are historic allies so we won't fall out over a Princely Wedding Invite
Old 07-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Indeed,fair enough if the King can't go & Felipe is off sailing but what are the following members doing tomorrow that's so urgent?

The Infanta Elena
The Duke & Duchess of Palma
The Infanta Pilar
The Duke & Duchess of Soria
The Infante Carlos

The King couldn't have sent any of the above in his place?
You could add Princess of Asturia to the list of royals that could (and should) attend.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Commoner

King Juan Carlos is not the bad in this story, Monaco made all of this wrong not sending invitations to the Princes or the Infantas. And in my opinion there are two things that maybe were decisive and are:

1. Prince Albert spoke so bad of Madrid, and COI denied Madrid Olympics 2012 organization.

2. When the Princes of Asturias married, Prince Ernst of Hannover was drinking the nigh before to the wedding, visiting all the night clubs of Madrid and he couldn't attend because of the hangover, this man is first or second cousin of Queen Sophia. Princess Caroline and him can be separated but they are still legally married, so he is member of Monaco's Royal Family.

But this is a Royal Wedding, but is more a "Press wedding" than a Royal one.

(Sorry for my english ).
Old 07-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

Perhaps this time he couldn't find any substitute at the last minute (even a month ago when he had the knee surgery). It seems Sofia has some other plans since she won't have an act next week. Felipe is scheduled to sail to honor his navy instructor, this time he can't come in for his father like his uncle's birthday last year and left his wife and daughters to holiday with his friends in Portugal, nobody in the family can sail for him this time. Not sure about the infantas, maybe they also said 'no' to their father since they have other plans.
The bottomline is JC should have let Felipe represent him at the wedding insteading trying to go himself.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

It seems that the King or the doctors thought that recovery would be faster, this week the King was scheduled to accompany Ban Ki-moon at the opening of a United Nations center in Valencia, and now the Prince will replace him.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

King Juan Carlos welcomes Panama's President Ricardo Martinelli Berrocal at the Zarzuela Palace in Madrid

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...VodJr/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...nIb8w/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...i88Kg/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...F00dv/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...z69S7/610x.jpg

PPE Agency

Getty Images - Navegador no compatible detectado#
Old 07-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

with the Princes of Asturias

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-wQJlbuR8m8...%2524599x0.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4EmhIVuaOZ...%2524599x0.jpg
Old 07-12-2011, 09:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos

http://www.presidencia.gob.pa/notici...mero-2659.html

Old 09-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Sofia had luch with Infantas Pilar and Margarita

las-hermanas-del-reina-acuden-a-comer-con-su-cuada-la-reina-sofia-827206 - Foto's, pers en stockbeelden, Videos - Photos de presse, banque d'images et Vidéos : Isopix.be

http://www.gettyimages.es/Search/Sea...roduct=Royalty#