The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
King & Prince are most important, then Queen Sofia because she does a full scale of solo activities like most of her peers.

Letizia is usually Felipe's shadow, going more or less to his events as a nice accessory. In 2008 she had around 20 events that would qualify as "solo", nothing to get excited about.

Inaki does very rarely something on his own, if at all it would be in his field of interest, sports, but usually he will be seen alongside Infanta Cristina.
I'm totally sure that Letizia is much more useful and she is much more aware of each event that she attend than many other superficial princesses that only care about their clothes and to pose in front of the camera.
Plus, Letizia accompanied the prince, that is right, the only difference is that the prince read speeches and Letizia not, but both are equally informed and concerned about activities that they attend.
Conclusion: the most important thing is that the monarchy in a country is useful and hard-working,this is the purpose of the monarchy isn´t it?.... and Spanish is one of the most hard-workers compared with other countries,so the fact that a princess working alone or together is not relevant at all.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarina View Post
[...]Letizia is much more useful and she is much more aware of each event that she attend than many other superficial princesses that only care about their clothes and to pose in front of the camera.
this is such a sad comment...
everyone knows that you cannot stand Mary. But do you really need to bring her as a negative example all the time?
Isn't it possible to describe your opinion without using this "other Princesses"-comparisons?

Old 01-04-2009, 06:48 PM
Courtier

Originally Posted by Camarina
[...]Letizia is much more useful and she is much more aware of each event that she attend than many other superficial princesses that only care about their clothes and to pose in front of the camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Beatrix View Post
this is such a sad comment...
everyone knows that you cannot stand Mary. But do you really need to bring her as a negative example all the time?
Isn't it possible to describe your opinion without using this "other Princesses"-comparisons?

Well, I don't see where she is talking about Mary, it's so Increible that people relate Mary straight away with the word superficial.

Well it might be for something.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Courtier

Now seriously:
people can say what they want, but they always mean Mary when they compare "another Princess" with Letizia.
Some people will always do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catango
Well it might be for something.
yeees,for you.
I do not think Mary is superficial .. but this doesn't belong into this thread.

You know what. I like Letizia. and I like Mary. And sometimes I have the feeling I am the only one in the world who likes both. :P
Old 01-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:

You know what. I like Letizia. and I like Mary. And sometimes I have the feeling I am the only one in the world who likes both. :P
Nope, I do too, plus Maxima, Victoria and Rania!
Old 01-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Nobility

I LOVE Mary and Letizia!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Now seriously:
people can say what they want, but they always mean Mary when they compare "another Princess" with Letizia.
Some people will always do that.

yeees,for you.
I do not think Mary is superficial .. but this doesn't belong into this thread.

No you're not! I love them both as well!!!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 01-05-2009, 05:00 AM
Moderator Emeritus

And again:
Could you please stop the Mary vs. Letizia discussions and get back on topic?
Thanks.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Vice-president of Spain is of official visit in India, according to the forecast of the Spanish Government, the Prince and Princess of Asturias will travel to India this year to inaugurate the Institute Cervantes and the King and Queen will do a visit in 2010. The President of India will do a Visit of State to Spain this year, probably in April.

España e India crearán un grupo de expertos para coordinar la lucha contra el terrorismo. europapress.es
Old 01-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
The Vice-president of Spain is of official visit in India, according to the forecast of the Spanish Government, the Prince and Princess of Asturias will travel to India this year to inaugurate the Institute Cervantes and the King and Queen will do a visit in 2010. The President of India will do a Visit of State to Spain this year, probably in April.

España e India crearán un grupo de expertos para coordinar la lucha contra el terrorismo. europapress.es
Im looking forward to the Asturias couple travelling further afield this year - any idea when in 2009 exactly they will go to India and i wonder how long for

Old 01-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Royal Highness

I guess we can expect the mandatory picture in front of the Taj Mahal?
Old 01-05-2009, 11:17 PM
Commoner

As I watch various thread I have noticed that Princess Letizia is really into all activities no matter If she is alone or with her husband or she is with her children. I share your opinion Camarina
Quote:
Letizia is much more useful and she is much more aware of each event that she attends
Old 01-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Moderator Emeritus

The Kings and the Princes of Asturias attend the annual Foreign Ambassadors Reception, at The Royal Palace on January 15.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Old 01-15-2009, 10:29 AM
Serene Highness

It seems this outfit becomes a habit as well for this reception!

She's great in red! it's definitively her colour!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 01-15-2009, 12:27 PM
Nobility

This is a sort of joke right?

She sort of have tags to repeat the outfits instead of avoid to repeat it, kind of like: 1.This is the Pascua Militar outfit 2.This is the one for the Cuerpo Diplomatico and so forth....

No comments.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Gallery Prisma
http://www.prismanews.com/spip.php?article4619
Old 01-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Ipa Press Gallery

IPApress

Gallery from PPE

PPE Agency Madrid

Old 01-15-2009, 02:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks View Post
This is a sort of joke right?

She sort of have tags to repeat the outfits instead of avoid to repeat it, kind of like: 1.This is the Pascua Militar outfit 2.This is the one for the Cuerpo Diplomatico and so forth....

No comments.
Yes! Let's see the next...
Forgive me Letizia's fans but my impression is that for her those public events are so boring that she doesn't even try to figure out what she is going to wear...

Tags
spanish royal family