The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 20: July 2008 - December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Prince and the Princess only go to the bulls for official commitments. The Bullfight of the Beneficence has a long history, and its history was born with the Spanish Monarchy, the Royal House has a commitment.

Surely the Queen and the Infanta Cristina have had to come to the bulls at some time, though now they could allow not do it. The Queen Victoria Eugenia hated them and she went because it was her obligation.

I heard Letizia was asked yesterday if she liked the bulls, she said she liked it. Perhaps Felipe also likes it, at least he never dislikes it. They are not huge fans like the King or Elena, but don't mind to watch it once a year IMO.

Spanish Princess Cristina (covered), Crown Princess Letizia Ortiz and Princess Maxima of Holland are pictured as they leave a restaurant in Barcelona, Spain, 08 June 2009.
BelgaPicture - Category details

i loved the pictures of maxima, letizia and cristina together, nice that they all found a slot to meet in between the busy schedules.

the article mentions that they had as starters grilled vegetables (letizia), ox carpaccio (cristina) and sauteed mushrooms (maxima) and that they all had scallops and veal as main. "they didn't order deserts but cristina and letizia had tea and maxima asked for an americano"

Infanta Cristina, Crown Princess Letizia Ortiz and Princess Maxima of Holland are pictured as they leave a restaurant in Barcelona

BelgaPicture - Category details

I heard this lunch date has become controversial. I read the write-ups online, but I don't understand Spanish. What's so wrong about two crown princesses going to lunch together when they both happened to be in the same city? Geez, pathetic press.

I heard this lunch date has become controversial. I read the write-ups online, but I don't understand Spanish. What's so wrong about two crown princesses going to lunch together when they both happened to be in the same city? Geez, pathetic press.

The only problem is that in Spain there is too many competition between the press and protests who did not obtain the photo, and they have protested because the Royal Family did not announce this lunch. The Princess Maxima was in a private visit, and because of it the Royal House considered this act as private, but I believe that it is evident that the situation of the press in Spain and Holland is not the same.

The only problem is that in Spain there is too many competition between the press and protests who did not obtain the photo, and they have protested because the Royal Family did not announce this lunch. The Princess Maxima was in a private visit, and because of it the Royal House considered this act as private, but I believe that it is evident that the situation of the press in Spain and Holland is not the same.

Why would Casa Real have to announce this lunch date? It wasn't an official event. Are they speculating that Letizia had something to do with it again? They're so hungry for pictures. It might have been just a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing like, "hey Maxi what time will your meeting be over? wanna grab something to eat later?" I remember they didn't have a problem when the Orange family went to Barcelona and hung out with the Urdangarin family and the Royal house neither announced it. Is it because it's Letizia?

Why would Casa Real have to announce this lunch date? It wasn't an official event. Are they speculating that Letizia had something to do with it again? They're so hungry for pictures. It might have been just a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing like, "hey Maxi what time will your meeting be over? wanna grab something to eat later?" I remember they didn't have a problem when the Orange family went to Barcelona and hung out with the Urdangarin family and the Royal house neither announced it. Is it because it's Letizia?

The media interests are not the same. Those who didn't get the pictures of Letizia with who and who would always complain, it's not a big deal anymore.

MonarquÃ*a Confidencial

This article claims that not announcing the lunch is only one example of Zarzuela's strategy to keep Letizia in the background as much as possible, even when it comes down to an own agenda. With Felipe sporting the charisma of a floor lamp and Zarzuela fearing a Spanish Diana scenario, Zarzuela did not hesitate to cut down Letizia from day one after the engagement where she dared to give a taster of her fresh personality.

Maybe understandable from the institutional point of view but tragic for Letizia herself, who wasn't allowed to stay the young, modern and successful woman she was, ready to conquer the world, but had to transform in what we see today, reduced to an accessory whose presence will attract the media to write about her clothes or what looks different in her face today. It's regrettable that Zarzuela's strategy department wasn't brave enough to just let her be. People know who's the important heir and the unimportant consort anyway, no need to demostrate the fact every day. Thank god that there have been and still are monarchies these days where the consort was or is allowed to be him- /herself and successfully create his/her own respected position.

But Maxima was only in Barcelona for a private visit, I don't see the need for a photo session for the lunch. It's understandable that Zarzuela wants to 'promote' the heir first with their 'limited' resource since Felipe is at an awkward 'waiting to be the King' position. Now with the reduced role of the Infantas (some thought at the beginning it would be the Queen since she was gettting older, but it didn't happen), Cristina is heading to Washington DC, I'm sure Letizia will have a bigger role in the future.

Why would there be a need to announce the lunch meeting between Maxima and Letizia. I believe it's not official and besides Maxima was in Barcelona with her own agenda not concerning the crown otherwise there should have been official pictures. I don't see any reason why Casa Real will not announce the lunch just because they want to limit Letizia's presence. Oh boy! that's ridiculous. I for one believe that Letizia's role was somewhat "lessened" if we are to based this on the number of solo duties but c'mon a simple lunch to be announced in the national tv? Yes, many people will be happy since they know that they'll be expecting pictures but hey we had some, too. No need to say Zarzuela is limiting Letizia's presence since there was indeed Letizia's presence as evidenced by the pictures we just saw.

Anyway, away from the comments why it's not broadcasted...I love to see both CPss having some time together and with Cristina.

All posts regarding the Spanish Royal Family Vacations have been moved to the new thread Summer Vacations 2009.Please continued the discussion there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom