The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 05:54 AM
Commoner

that is sooo sad i feel for them

Old 05-04-2008, 06:02 AM
Serene Highness

A very sad day indeed! Does anyone know how old the former president was?

Old 05-04-2008, 06:04 AM
Commoner

sorrry i don't i hope he was a good old age
Old 05-04-2008, 08:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

Declaration of His Majesty the King on the occasion of D. Leopoldo Calvo-Sotelo y Bustelo's death

Zarzuela Palace. Madrid, on May 4, 2008

On the occasion of the death yesterday of the Excmo. Mr. Don Leopoldo Calvo-Sotelo y Bustelo, President of the Government of Spain, Marquess of Ría de Ribadeo Ribadeo and "Grande de España", H.M. the King wants to demonstrate the following thing:

" On this day, I want to express, together with my Family, the deepest sorrow for the death of the President Don Leopoldo Calvo-Sotelo, as well as to produce the most felt honoring of respect and gratitude.

There has died a great Spanish, a great statesman, a democrat and a very dear person.

I will never forget his delivers to the service of Spain for so many years, his unpayable contribution to our Transition, his labor to place Spain in the place that corresponds to it in the world, and his proven and permanent loyalty to the Wreath.

My Family joins me to dedicate from heart, all our fondness to his wife, children and other family, in these moments of deep pain.

Rest in peace! "

Old 05-04-2008, 08:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

Declaration of His Majesty the King on the occasion of D. Leopoldo Calvo-Sotelo y Bustelo's death

Zarzuela Palace. Madrid, on May 4, 2008

On the occasion of the death yesterday of the Excmo. Mr. Don Leopoldo Calvo-Sotelo y Bustelo, President of the Government of Spain, Marquess of Ría de Ribadeo Ribadeo and "Grande de España", H.M. the King wants to demonstrate the following thing:

" On this day, I want to express, together with my Family, the deepest sorrow for the death of the President Don Leopoldo Calvo-Sotelo, as well as to produce the most felt honoring of respect and gratitude.

There has died a great Spanish, a great statesman, a democrat and a very dear person.

I will never forget his delivers to the service of Spain for so many years, his unpayable contribution to our Transition, his labor to place Spain in the place that corresponds to it in the world, and his proven and permanent loyalty to the Wreath.

My Family joins me to dedicate from heart, all our fondness to his wife, children and other family, in these moments of deep pain.

Rest in peace! "
What a beautiful speech the King made, thanks Lula He sure did make a big contribution to our transition from dictatorship to democracy! What I did't know is that he had a title!
Old 05-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess leonor View Post
A very sad day indeed! Does anyone know how old the former president was?
He was 82 years old
Old 05-04-2008, 10:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

THE QUEEN OF SPAIN SOFIA WITH THE PRINCESS LETIZIA AND LEONOR IN MIGUEL URDANGARIN S BIRTHDAY IN BARCELONA

MediumPhoto
Old 05-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
THE QUEEN OF SPAIN SOFIA WITH THE PRINCESS LETIZIA AND LEONOR IN MIGUEL URDANGARIN S BIRTHDAY IN BARCELONA

MediumPhoto
This is great Lula! Thanks so much! The article in Hola had already said there were many balloons but now we can see for ourselves Can't get over how cute Leonor's t-shirt is
Old 05-04-2008, 12:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

SPANISH ROYAL FAMILY AT THE 2ND CENTENARY CELEBRATION OF THE INDEPENDENCE WAR

London Features International Ltd

http://www.prismanews.com/spip.php?article2950
Old 05-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Serene Highness

thanks lula the pics from prisma are really great!!!

what a great complicity between letizia and the Queen!!! it's lovely to see the relationaship both women have together!! they're very close!!!

also with Elena!! they seem to have fun during this event!!! letizia was gorgeous!! and she looks so happy!!! what a great couple with Felipe!!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 05-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe Letizia told her mother-in-law 'it's a boy' .
http://www.prismanews.com/IMG/cache-...53296c5436.jpg
http://www.prismanews.com/IMG/cache-...11ea46beec.jpg

A sweet picture of Felipe and Letizia.
http://images2.image-data.com/images...8/93598380.jpg
Old 05-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
haha good one DonnaK, the Queen sure looks happy with the news No, but seriously, I love the close relationship they have, they're really close!
Old 05-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos from today:
Daylife/AP
Daylife/Reuters
Daylife/Reuters
Old 05-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Libertad Digital: Nacional :: El Rey, sobre Calvo Sotelo: "Ha muerto un gran español, un gran hombre de Estado"

La Monarquia

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 05-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Hola!/LOS REYES Y LOS PRÍNCIPES DE ASTURIAS DAN EL ÚLTIMO ADIÓS A LEOPOLDO CALVO SOTELO
Galerias de imagenes
Old 05-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Two pictures from ANP: One Two
Old 05-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Courtier

video from tve

Old 05-04-2008, 05:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Princess Letizia and Queen Sofía are really close, they have a so mother/daughter relationship
And what can I say about F&L? they are just like a couple of teenagers they are really in love... wonderful couple!

Tags
spanish royal family