The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Gentry

Dress is lovely but those tight curls make her look old. Looks like a granny hairdo.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
that hairstyle doesn't suit her at all. looks so much nicer when it's straight or maybe pulled in a bun, but not like this. it's a hairstyle for a little girl like leonor, not for letizia! the dress is lovely, i just wish she didn't have to combine it with those stockings....
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
I think that Letizia's dress is pretty, but it would look even better without the tights. And her hair--- please, please, please don't wear it like that!!!! The hair is just too short for elegant curls, it looks strange and very young (child-like).
Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa View Post
I'm glad to see that Letizia is breaking her mold somewhat and experimenting with her hair style and her dresses.
I loved her in the red dress. Very classic and simple. Her hair was o.k.
As for the green dress, I love it, but as other have stated, not with those stinking opaque hose!! It would have looked much better had she worn sheer black hose or even nude. But she always ruins a great outfit with those solid black hose!! Drives me nuts.
As for her hair, it looks just o.k. to me. Would have looked better to have the curls just on the sides and the back and a soft wavy curl in the front.
But in any case, I'm glad to see that she is making some changes and breaking away from her straight hair and suit mold.

[my bolding]

I fully share the above opinions in regard to Crown Princess Letizia look. I have to admit hairstyle looked rather strange and adversely impacted the whole look. Stocking were not good choice either (I do not wear black stocking at all). The dress was truly amazing. I for one think that sleek hairstyles become Crown Princess Letizia much better. When it comes to curls, Crown Princess Letizia would look stunning with soft curls on longer hair.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Courtier

Letizia needs help--pronto! She looks ten years older than her age. What is she trying to accomplish?
Old 01-23-2008, 02:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
Letizia needs help--pronto! She looks ten years older than her age. What is she trying to accomplish?

I totally agree with you . Letizia does look older than Felipe.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:30 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
Not sure if she is trying to accomplish anything. It seems more of trying to find what actually suits her and what she is comftable with, it also seems like she likes experimenting which I think is good.

I loved her dress. Very pretty, great color. The hair is nice, well suits the outfit well, she has the Roman/Greek thing going on imo.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:18 AM
Nobility

i am not fond of her hairstyle . i don't her dress especially the colour
Old 01-24-2008, 02:50 AM
Nobility

Princess Letizia wears black stockings so often that you would almost wonder if she is trying to hide her legs. But then you see them in the summer, and she has great legs. I think she would look better with a slightly longer skirt and very sheer stockings.

Also, black makes your legs look thinner, and she needs the opposite.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:54 AM
Nobility

This short hairstyle is the first that I have not liked. I really liked the last one (longer, straight and with bangs) but I think I was in the minority on that. No matter, the real story with Letizia is the lovely relationship she has with her husband, which is a joy to see. Other royal couples may have loving relationships, but theirs seems storybook, and at the same time so real.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love the dress & the hair. The curls are sweet and sexy at the same time and it's not dragging her face down, very fun and hip. The dress is also fun and modern. All in all, I like the look, I think I might have have toned down those tights though and worn black sheer hose.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:35 AM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Foro Real

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 02-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Opening of the sociocultural centre 'CaixaForum Madrid' at the Paseo del Prado in Madrid

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Old 02-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Dinner with H.E. the President of the Republic of Honduras, Mr Jose Manuel Zelaya Rosales.
Zarzuela Palace.

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...91542114cg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...91541f32eg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...91541eedfg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...915489f1cg.jpg
Old 02-24-2008, 10:10 AM
Serene Highness

La Monarquia

The Language

Old 02-29-2008, 09:44 AM
Serene Highness

La Monarquia

The Language

Old 03-05-2008, 02:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Noticias

The Princes of Asturias will be in Ferrol with the Kings on the 10th

The launch of the ship "Juan Carlos I" and the inauguration of the Exhibition of the Naval Construction (Exponav) will have the assistance of the Princes of Asturias. They will accompany the Kings of Spain in a visit on Ferrol that, in this occasion, will not touch civil area and that will develop entirely in day of evening.

To only six days of the disembarkation of the Royal Family in Ferrol new information is known on the tight agenda that they will develop in their brief stay in the city. Yesterday the Defense Department was announcing that besides the monarches the Princes of Asturias will realize their first visit to Ferrol taking advantage of the launch of the ship that takes the name of the King, the LHD (Landing Helicopter Dock) "Juan Carlos I", of that will be godmother Queen Dona Sofía.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Noticias

The Princes of Asturias will be in Ferrol with the Kings on the 10th

The launch of the ship "Juan Carlos I" and the inauguration of the Exhibition of the Naval Construction (Exponav) will have the assistance of the Princes of Asturias. They will accompany the Kings of Spain in a visit on Ferrol that, in this occasion, will not touch civil area and that will develop entirely in day of evening.

To only six days of the disembarkation of the Royal Family in Ferrol new information is known on the tight agenda that they will develop in their brief stay in the city. Yesterday the Defense Department was announcing that besides the monarches the Princes of Asturias will realize their first visit to Ferrol taking advantage of the launch of the ship that takes the name of the King, the LHD (Landing Helicopter Dock) "Juan Carlos I", of that will be godmother Queen Dona Sofía.
thanks for the info lula. does that mean that the ladies - or at least queen sofia as godmother - will wear the mantilla?
Old 03-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
thanks for the info lula. does that mean that the ladies - or at least queen sofia as godmother - will wear the mantilla?

Yes, it is supposed that if the Queen Sofia is the godmother she will use matilla. The rest of the women, I do not believe it. I do not know what Letizia will do. When the Royal Family was present at a similar act, the launch of a frigate with Don Juan's name, only the Infanta Pilar who was the godmother took it.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:49 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Yes, it is supposed that if the Queen Sofia is the godmother she will use matilla. The rest of the women, I do not believe it. I do not know what Letizia will do. When the Royal Family was present at a similar act, the launch of a frigate with Don Juan's name, only the Infanta Pilar who was the godmother took it.
thank you! that will be an impressive event, looking forward to it!

Closed Thread