The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 17: October - December 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My deepest sympathy to the Spanish people for this horrible act of violence. I don't understand why people are making such a big deal of the Queen crying. She is a human being before being a Queen. She is a mother, and she feels the pain of that poor mother. Has anyone seen the parents crying? Have you seen their faces? The queen is sad, the princes are sad, but tomorrow they'll go back to their daily routine. I don't mean to be insensitive, but it bothers me that the attention is on the queen crying and not the mother's suffering.

I hope that all Spainiards, the Royalty, the common people, and all of our Spanish members her at TRF, won't have to deal with any more awful acts like this again. I read the Wikipedia article; this group sounds terrible, purposefully terrifying the people.

Not even a week has passed since they attended a funeral. I find such things very difficult even if they are not family or people who you know. The feeling of it and going through it with others is difficult. The royal family seem to be managing in holding themselves up and showing support. Its nice to let the people know they are there. Its sad seeing anyone crying and when the Queen does people make it a big deal, why ? I dont know which at the end of the day she is just like us. Nice seeing Felipe comforting Letizia...

It is not habitual that the members of the Royal Family go to the funerals of the victims of ETA, the Prince went years ago to that of Miguel Angel Blanco, for the terrible of that murder, but nothing more. I believe that it is a decision of every government to decide if the funeral is of State or not, and if it has to go or not the Royal Family. I believe that in this occasion the politicians have wanted to give an image of unit and of national condemnation, in a problem in which they are always conflicting, though it looks like more image than another thing. Let's hope that the Spanish and French police continue doing well their work, because in the last months they have avoided many atacks.

Last edited:
My deepest sympathy to the Spanish people for this horrible act of violence. I don't understand why people are making such a big deal of the Queen crying. She is a human being before being a Queen. She is a mother, and she feels the pain of that poor mother. Has anyone seen the parents crying? Have you seen their faces? The queen is sad, the princes are sad, but tomorrow they'll go back to their daily routine. I don't mean to be insensitive, but it bothers me that the attention is on the queen crying and not the mother's suffering.

You always surprised me with your insensitive and abrupt comments.
No comments...

It is not habitual that the members of the Royal Family go to the funerals of the victims of ETA, the Prince went years ago to that of Miguel Angel Blanco, for the terrible of that murder, but nothing more. I believe that it is a decision of every government to decide if the funeral is of State or not, and if it has to go or not the Royal Family. I believe that in this occasion the politicians have wanted to give an image of unit and of national condemnation, in a problem in which they are always conflicting, though it looks like more image than another thing. Let's hope that the Spanish and French police continue doing well their work, because in the last months they have avoided many atacks.

I think it's a good thing that the SRF attends such events and I don't think they go for image reasons altough it's a good opportunity to show the public that they do care and want to share emontions, the grief in this case. Not all Royal Families or Heads of State go to such funerals, it depends on the circumstances, and even if they go not many are able to give comfort the way humanely way the SRF does.

Duke, do not understand me wrong ... in spite of giving image of unit I refer to the politicians, there have faced so much that now before these events need to give an image of unit of the State, and of there that instead of funeral officials do funeral of State (and therefore the Headquarters of the State have to come). ETA'S problem is a very complex problem, and depending on the moment the circumstances have been changing and with them the attitudes of the governments and also of the citizens.

The Queen and the Princess, companions of shopping in the "Rastrillo"
http://www.diezminutos.orange.es/carticulos/222483.html

"The Queen is more beautiful in person ". " What thin Letizia is, but what a beautiful eyes ". " It seems that they have a marvel relationship ". These are some of many commentaries to that we could listen, last Tuesday, during the already traditional visit of dona Sofía and the Princess of Asturias to the Rastrillo.

The article say that The Princess bought three shirts of the brand "Flamenco"

(...)The wife of Don Felipe chose two blue and one red, for her daughters and Irene Urdangarín: "This way the three are going to go in Christmas equally ",:wub::wub: she commented.

The Queen and the Princess, companions of shopping in the "Rastrillo"
http://www.diezminutos.orange.es/carticulos/222483.html

"The Queen is more beautiful in person ". " What thin Letizia is, but what a beautiful eyes ". " It seems that they have a marvel relationship ". These are some of many commentaries to that we could listen, last Tuesday, during the already traditional visit of dona Sofía and the Princess of Asturias to the Rastrillo.

The article say that The Princess bought three shirts of the brand "Flamenco"

(...)The wife of Don Felipe chose two blue and one red, for her daughters and Irene Urdangarín: "This way the three are going to go in Christmas equally ",:wub::wub: she commented.

Beauty thanks!:flowers:
There are photos that I had not seen before.
The queen and the princess seem that enjoyed much ,even both ladys played the "tombola":D

Duke, do not understand me wrong ... in spite of giving image of unit I refer to the politicians, there have faced so much that now before these events need to give an image of unit of the State, and of there that instead of funeral officials do funeral of State (and therefore the Headquarters of the State have to come). ETA'S problem is a very complex problem, and depending on the moment the circumstances have been changing and with them the attitudes of the governments and also of the citizens.

Ah got your point now lula. The spin of politics does not stop even over a funeral ... that's sad. However, I like the fact that the SRF show up at such occasions (no matter what background decisions finally made them go) and I wish more Royal Families would do the same in other countries as it does show respect towards the families of the deceased.

Duke, the Royal Family is the representation of a country, and often before the tragedies a country needs turn represented, in Spain this way is think. Often, specially in topics as the terrorism, or in situations where the politicians are involved, the Royal Family represents this "something" that is to the margin of the politics and that therefore the people perceive as more nearby.

Only we can hope that a lot of time passes until there is another funeral for a victim of ETA. The Spanish and French police are doing well work, in the last years the attitude of France has changed and probably after this change furthermore. For the first time ETA kills in French territory. For the present time the King travels to Paris this week, and this one will be one of the principal topics of conversation.

Roxsteve, I don't think anyone here made a big deal of the Queen crying. If I remember it right, all the posts were towards the Queen showing sympathy to the families of the killed officer. Everyone is just saying how nice the Queen or her attitude towards the victims by being there for the funeral and I haven't read any posts that says it's a big deal for the Queen crying. I think you misunderstood some posts.:)

My sympathy to the families of the officers:neutral:

Please, post information about the Spanish Royal Family Christmas Card in this thread - Royal Christmas Cards. Posts about the Christmas card were moved to that thread.

We appreciate all of your contributions! :xmasbell:

Closed thread

Time to close this thread.
The new thread for the Royal Family of Spain can be found here.

Thank you everyone for your valuable contributions! :flowers:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom