The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #201  
Old 12-07-2007, 03:08 PM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 7,071
how touching to see sofia crying...
it's quite sad that all this is happening in spain.
__________________

__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #202  
Old 12-07-2007, 05:03 PM
acdc1's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: somewhere in, United States
Posts: 1,888
I'm so sorry that they had to do this all over again in such a short amount of time. Is this terror group a real problem in Spain?

The pictures of Queen Sofia crying are heartbreaking. It gives you a sense of how much they really love and feel for their people.
__________________

  #203  
Old 12-07-2007, 05:30 PM
fanprincipesasturi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Posts: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
how touching to see sofia crying...
it's quite sad that all this is happening in spain.


Spain's Royal Family - Yahoo! News Photos
__________________

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

  #205  
Old 12-07-2007, 05:38 PM
fanprincipesasturi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Posts: 1,070
__________________

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

  #206  
Old 12-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Paty's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 3,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
. Is this terror group a real problem in Spain?
Unfortunately yes, is the main problem in Spain

Here you are information about.
ETA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
__________________

  #207  
Old 12-07-2007, 06:33 PM
fanprincipesasturi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Posts: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Unfortunately yes, is the main problem in Spain

Here you are information about.
ETA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

elmundo.es | Especial ETA: la dictadura del terror


elmundo.es | Especial ETA: la dictadura del terror | Historia

elmundo.es | Especial ETA: la dictadura del terror


everybody must know that eta is a terrorist group like alquaeda, hamás..etc.,it is not a group to fight against a dictator because this dictator died 30 years ago...it is not a group to fight by the democracy in Spain because the democracy arrived 30 years ago

it is a group that already is a Mafia and that is not right to do what does,en many countries speak of Basque movement of liberation... but in Spain there are no dictators, is democracy and only they kill to kill, they are crazy very crazy and they only have hatred, they speak of the blood of the basque as the Nazis speak of the purity of the aria blood...they kill to the "Spaniards "as the Nazis killed the Jews, being Jewish
__________________

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

  #208  
Old 12-07-2007, 07:02 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 18,194
Spanish Royals Attend Funeral for Civil Guard Killed by ETA

WireImage: Listings
  #209  
Old 12-07-2007, 07:19 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 18,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
I'm so sorry that they had to do this all over again in such a short amount of time. Is this terror group a real problem in Spain?
Yes, ETA is a very important problem in Spain. Though in the last years the things have started changing, before it was considered to be a problem of the Spanish and the international collaboration was scanty. Nonetheless today the press of some countries continues speaking about " separatist group " an expression that in Spain hurts enough. ETA has murdered more than 800 persons ... they murder, kidnap, threaten, extract... For it all those who do not think as them or who face them (politicians, judges, journalists, teachers of University) must live with bodyguard. They have tried to murder the King in more than one occasion, of there through that the Spanish Royal Family lives with strict enough measures of safety.
  #210  
Old 12-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Mari_*'s Avatar
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pty, Panama
Posts: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty
Mari, they work in the operations anti-terrorits.

They belong (like the two agents killed) to the Group of Operative Support (GAO), which dedicates to technological labors: devices of tracking, wire taps, cameras of alertness...
Some of these agents work in the south of French trying to detect members of ETA (BASQUE TERRORIST ARMY), Because of it it is so important that their faces do not appear in the press.

The two agents were working at that moment at one antiterrorist operacion when they were discovered by the members of ETA.
Thanks a lot for your answer Paty, I really appreciate it!
__________________
..F&L..
  #211  
Old 12-07-2007, 10:15 PM
Roxsteve's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Any City, United States
Posts: 665
My deepest sympathy to the Spanish people for this horrible act of violence. I don't understand why people are making such a big deal of the Queen crying. She is a human being before being a Queen. She is a mother, and she feels the pain of that poor mother. Has anyone seen the parents crying? Have you seen their faces? The queen is sad, the princes are sad, but tomorrow they'll go back to their daily routine. I don't mean to be insensitive, but it bothers me that the attention is on the queen crying and not the mother's suffering.
  #212  
Old 12-07-2007, 10:41 PM
acdc1's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: somewhere in, United States
Posts: 1,888
I hope that all Spainiards, the Royalty, the common people, and all of our Spanish members her at TRF, won't have to deal with any more awful acts like this again. I read the Wikipedia article; this group sounds terrible, purposefully terrifying the people.
  #214  
Old 12-08-2007, 05:10 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 22,317
Not even a week has passed since they attended a funeral. I find such things very difficult even if they are not family or people who you know. The feeling of it and going through it with others is difficult. The royal family seem to be managing in holding themselves up and showing support. Its nice to let the people know they are there. Its sad seeing anyone crying and when the Queen does people make it a big deal, why ? I dont know which at the end of the day she is just like us. Nice seeing Felipe comforting Letizia...
__________________
  #215  
Old 12-08-2007, 05:34 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 18,194
It is not habitual that the members of the Royal Family go to the funerals of the victims of ETA, the Prince went years ago to that of Miguel Angel Blanco, for the terrible of that murder, but nothing more. I believe that it is a decision of every government to decide if the funeral is of State or not, and if it has to go or not the Royal Family. I believe that in this occasion the politicians have wanted to give an image of unit and of national condemnation, in a problem in which they are always conflicting, though it looks like more image than another thing. Let's hope that the Spanish and French police continue doing well their work, because in the last months they have avoided many atacks.
  #216  
Old 12-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Camarina's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Murcia, Spain
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
My deepest sympathy to the Spanish people for this horrible act of violence. I don't understand why people are making such a big deal of the Queen crying. She is a human being before being a Queen. She is a mother, and she feels the pain of that poor mother. Has anyone seen the parents crying? Have you seen their faces? The queen is sad, the princes are sad, but tomorrow they'll go back to their daily routine. I don't mean to be insensitive, but it bothers me that the attention is on the queen crying and not the mother's suffering.

You always surprised me with your insensitive and abrupt comments.
No comments...
  #217  
Old 12-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
It is not habitual that the members of the Royal Family go to the funerals of the victims of ETA, the Prince went years ago to that of Miguel Angel Blanco, for the terrible of that murder, but nothing more. I believe that it is a decision of every government to decide if the funeral is of State or not, and if it has to go or not the Royal Family. I believe that in this occasion the politicians have wanted to give an image of unit and of national condemnation, in a problem in which they are always conflicting, though it looks like more image than another thing. Let's hope that the Spanish and French police continue doing well their work, because in the last months they have avoided many atacks.
I think it's a good thing that the SRF attends such events and I don't think they go for image reasons altough it's a good opportunity to show the public that they do care and want to share emontions, the grief in this case. Not all Royal Families or Heads of State go to such funerals, it depends on the circumstances, and even if they go not many are able to give comfort the way humanely way the SRF does.
  #218  
Old 12-08-2007, 11:36 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 18,194
Duke, do not understand me wrong ... in spite of giving image of unit I refer to the politicians, there have faced so much that now before these events need to give an image of unit of the State, and of there that instead of funeral officials do funeral of State (and therefore the Headquarters of the State have to come). ETA'S problem is a very complex problem, and depending on the moment the circumstances have been changing and with them the attitudes of the governments and also of the citizens.
  #219  
Old 12-08-2007, 03:13 PM
BeautyLeonor's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: caracas, Venezuela
Posts: 598
The Queen and the Princess, companions of shopping in the "Rastrillo"
http://www.diezminutos.orange.es/carticulos/222483.html

"The Queen is more beautiful in person ". " What thin Letizia is, but what a beautiful eyes ". " It seems that they have a marvel relationship ". These are some of many commentaries to that we could listen, last Tuesday, during the already traditional visit of dona Sofía and the Princess of Asturias to the Rastrillo.

The article say that The Princess bought three shirts of the brand "Flamenco"

(...)The wife of Don Felipe chose two blue and one red, for her daughters and Irene Urdangarín: "This way the three are going to go in Christmas equally ", she commented.
__________________
" *Love Is Like A Rose In Winter, Only The Strong Survives* My Favorite Rose: Felipe & Letizia"
  #220  
Old 12-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Camarina's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Murcia, Spain
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyLeonor View Post
The Queen and the Princess, companions of shopping in the "Rastrillo"
http://www.diezminutos.orange.es/carticulos/222483.html

"The Queen is more beautiful in person ". " What thin Letizia is, but what a beautiful eyes ". " It seems that they have a marvel relationship ". These are some of many commentaries to that we could listen, last Tuesday, during the already traditional visit of dona Sofía and the Princess of Asturias to the Rastrillo.

The article say that The Princess bought three shirts of the brand "Flamenco"

(...)The wife of Don Felipe chose two blue and one red, for her daughters and Irene Urdangarín: "This way the three are going to go in Christmas equally ", she commented.
__________________
" *Love Is Like A Rose In Winter, Only The Strong Survives* My Favorite Rose: Felipe & Letizia"

Beauty thanks!
There are photos that I had not seen before.
The queen and the princess seem that enjoyed much ,even both ladys played the "tombola"
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 21: December 2010 - October 2012 dazzling Current Events Archive 436 10-14-2012 07:44 AM
The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 18: December 2007 - April 2008 Avalon Current Events Archive 199 04-29-2008 05:37 PM
The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 16: September - October 2007 marezdote Current Events Archive 199 10-18-2007 11:50 AM
The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 13: December 2006 - February 2007 Anna_R Current Events Archive 192 02-24-2007 07:18 AM
The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 6: November - December 2005 Elsa M. Current Events Archive 186 12-31-2005 06:16 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style christening of prince oscar coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria's maternity fashion current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece jubilee celebration kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction military monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary and womens rights princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania style royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:28 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises