The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Majesty

how touching to see sofia crying...
it's quite sad that all this is happening in spain.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Royal Highness

I'm so sorry that they had to do this all over again in such a short amount of time. Is this terror group a real problem in Spain?

The pictures of Queen Sofia crying are heartbreaking. It gives you a sense of how much they really love and feel for their people.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
how touching to see sofia crying...
it's quite sad that all this is happening in spain.

Spain's Royal Family - Yahoo! News Photos

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 12-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Serene Highness

The Language

Old 12-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
. Is this terror group a real problem in Spain?
Unfortunately yes, is the main problem in Spain

Here you are information about.
ETA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Unfortunately yes, is the main problem in Spain

Here you are information about.
ETA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

elmundo.es | Especial ETA: la dictadura del terror

elmundo.es | Especial ETA: la dictadura del terror | Historia

elmundo.es | Especial ETA: la dictadura del terror

everybody must know that eta is a terrorist group like alquaeda, hamás..etc.,it is not a group to fight against a dictator because this dictator died 30 years ago...it is not a group to fight by the democracy in Spain because the democracy arrived 30 years ago

it is a group that already is a Mafia and that is not right to do what does,en many countries speak of Basque movement of liberation... but in Spain there are no dictators, is democracy and only they kill to kill, they are crazy very crazy and they only have hatred, they speak of the blood of the basque as the Nazis speak of the purity of the aria blood...they kill to the "Spaniards "as the Nazis killed the Jews, being Jewish

The Language

Old 12-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Spanish Royals Attend Funeral for Civil Guard Killed by ETA

WireImage: Listings
Old 12-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
I'm so sorry that they had to do this all over again in such a short amount of time. Is this terror group a real problem in Spain?
Yes, ETA is a very important problem in Spain. Though in the last years the things have started changing, before it was considered to be a problem of the Spanish and the international collaboration was scanty. Nonetheless today the press of some countries continues speaking about " separatist group " an expression that in Spain hurts enough. ETA has murdered more than 800 persons ... they murder, kidnap, threaten, extract... For it all those who do not think as them or who face them (politicians, judges, journalists, teachers of University) must live with bodyguard. They have tried to murder the King in more than one occasion, of there through that the Spanish Royal Family lives with strict enough measures of safety.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty
Mari, they work in the operations anti-terrorits.

They belong (like the two agents killed) to the Group of Operative Support (GAO), which dedicates to technological labors: devices of tracking, wire taps, cameras of alertness...
Some of these agents work in the south of French trying to detect members of ETA (BASQUE TERRORIST ARMY), Because of it it is so important that their faces do not appear in the press.

The two agents were working at that moment at one antiterrorist operacion when they were discovered by the members of ETA.
Thanks a lot for your answer Paty, I really appreciate it!
Old 12-07-2007, 10:15 PM
Courtier

My deepest sympathy to the Spanish people for this horrible act of violence. I don't understand why people are making such a big deal of the Queen crying. She is a human being before being a Queen. She is a mother, and she feels the pain of that poor mother. Has anyone seen the parents crying? Have you seen their faces? The queen is sad, the princes are sad, but tomorrow they'll go back to their daily routine. I don't mean to be insensitive, but it bothers me that the attention is on the queen crying and not the mother's suffering.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Royal Highness

I hope that all Spainiards, the Royalty, the common people, and all of our Spanish members her at TRF, won't have to deal with any more awful acts like this again. I read the Wikipedia article; this group sounds terrible, purposefully terrifying the people.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Not even a week has passed since they attended a funeral. I find such things very difficult even if they are not family or people who you know. The feeling of it and going through it with others is difficult. The royal family seem to be managing in holding themselves up and showing support. Its nice to let the people know they are there. Its sad seeing anyone crying and when the Queen does people make it a big deal, why ? I dont know which at the end of the day she is just like us. Nice seeing Felipe comforting Letizia...
Old 12-08-2007, 05:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

It is not habitual that the members of the Royal Family go to the funerals of the victims of ETA, the Prince went years ago to that of Miguel Angel Blanco, for the terrible of that murder, but nothing more. I believe that it is a decision of every government to decide if the funeral is of State or not, and if it has to go or not the Royal Family. I believe that in this occasion the politicians have wanted to give an image of unit and of national condemnation, in a problem in which they are always conflicting, though it looks like more image than another thing. Let's hope that the Spanish and French police continue doing well their work, because in the last months they have avoided many atacks.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
My deepest sympathy to the Spanish people for this horrible act of violence. I don't understand why people are making such a big deal of the Queen crying. She is a human being before being a Queen. She is a mother, and she feels the pain of that poor mother. Has anyone seen the parents crying? Have you seen their faces? The queen is sad, the princes are sad, but tomorrow they'll go back to their daily routine. I don't mean to be insensitive, but it bothers me that the attention is on the queen crying and not the mother's suffering.

You always surprised me with your insensitive and abrupt comments.
No comments...
Old 12-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
It is not habitual that the members of the Royal Family go to the funerals of the victims of ETA, the Prince went years ago to that of Miguel Angel Blanco, for the terrible of that murder, but nothing more. I believe that it is a decision of every government to decide if the funeral is of State or not, and if it has to go or not the Royal Family. I believe that in this occasion the politicians have wanted to give an image of unit and of national condemnation, in a problem in which they are always conflicting, though it looks like more image than another thing. Let's hope that the Spanish and French police continue doing well their work, because in the last months they have avoided many atacks.
I think it's a good thing that the SRF attends such events and I don't think they go for image reasons altough it's a good opportunity to show the public that they do care and want to share emontions, the grief in this case. Not all Royal Families or Heads of State go to such funerals, it depends on the circumstances, and even if they go not many are able to give comfort the way humanely way the SRF does.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Duke, do not understand me wrong ... in spite of giving image of unit I refer to the politicians, there have faced so much that now before these events need to give an image of unit of the State, and of there that instead of funeral officials do funeral of State (and therefore the Headquarters of the State have to come). ETA'S problem is a very complex problem, and depending on the moment the circumstances have been changing and with them the attitudes of the governments and also of the citizens.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Courtier

The Queen and the Princess, companions of shopping in the "Rastrillo"
http://www.diezminutos.orange.es/carticulos/222483.html

"The Queen is more beautiful in person ". " What thin Letizia is, but what a beautiful eyes ". " It seems that they have a marvel relationship ". These are some of many commentaries to that we could listen, last Tuesday, during the already traditional visit of dona Sofía and the Princess of Asturias to the Rastrillo.

The article say that The Princess bought three shirts of the brand "Flamenco"

(...)The wife of Don Felipe chose two blue and one red, for her daughters and Irene Urdangarín: "This way the three are going to go in Christmas equally ", she commented.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyLeonor View Post
The Queen and the Princess, companions of shopping in the "Rastrillo"
http://www.diezminutos.orange.es/carticulos/222483.html

"The Queen is more beautiful in person ". " What thin Letizia is, but what a beautiful eyes ". " It seems that they have a marvel relationship ". These are some of many commentaries to that we could listen, last Tuesday, during the already traditional visit of dona Sofía and the Princess of Asturias to the Rastrillo.

The article say that The Princess bought three shirts of the brand "Flamenco"

(...)The wife of Don Felipe chose two blue and one red, for her daughters and Irene Urdangarín: "This way the three are going to go in Christmas equally ", she commented.

Beauty thanks!
There are photos that I had not seen before.
The queen and the princess seem that enjoyed much ,even both ladys played the "tombola"

Closed Thread