The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 16: September - October 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand, it would not seem strangly that the Infanta Cristina had returned to Barcelona, since her cousin Alexia is installed in her house on the verge of giving birth.

On your fashionable commentaries, it is evident that you do not live in Spain, because in my opinion the wardrobe of the Princess and the Infanta Leonor, it is very normal.

:flowers: Dear Lula, I appreciate a lot your cool blod!:cool::cool: I think you are right because it's so easy to creat a polemic with shorted arguments. You are totally right too to put in order, at each time with a great kindness, all the topics which are obviously an hurry and subjective interpretation of situations which aren't be analysed with not enough knowledge of the local considerations.:graduate:

With your help it's easier to understand great part of spanish way of life, I want to thank you a lot for that, because sometimes I'm too :napoleon: and I becoming too much :bang: when a :angel: answer is better :curtsey:

Last edited:
Thanks Crisiñaki for the both sets of pics. These of the Concert with the Queen and an exceptionally beautiful Infanta Elena. I agree she is estupendous and so at ease in her coktail outfit. Her shoes, very trendy, which make her sofisticated fit her very well. Exactly the same for her hairdo. The whole very elegant. The item of the concert looks to be plaisant for the Queen and the Infanta. It's a true plaisure to see them so involved in a cultural act that obviously they are very found of.

Thanks also for the shots taken at the exit of the Zoo. What happens for the poor Juan, he looks injured on his face, a felipe froilan 's uppercut?

Leonor, no word, she is too fabulous as a baby girl!! and my favourite Victoria Frederica who dosen't stop to rise!!! she is quiet tall as her brother!!

You're welcome adelaide :flowers:
I think you meant Infanta Cristina :lol:, I believe both women like classical music a lot and share that interest, just like JC and Elena with bullfighting and all the common interests like sailing and skiing:flowers:

If you have a HQ close-up of Juan's face, you'll see that boy has about 4 scars on his face, just like Froilan, they are a couple of cute troublemakers :devil: so I guess Juan just did his thing AGAIN :D

LOvely see the all famely together, but where is Cristina...some pic?

No more photos?? I Love see the kids together.. I really hope more pictures:flowers:

Thanks for posing the extra photos DonnaK. Leonor just looks adorable. You're right Cecile76, Leonor does look a bit scared and impressed by the big animals, so cute. :wub: Thankfully her big strong daddy protects her:)

On your fashionable commentaries, it is evident that you do not live in Spain, because in my opinion the wardrobe of the Princess and the Infanta Leonor, it is very normal.

No I don't live in Spain lula but is it essential for being qualified to give the right comments on Letizia's fashion? Why do only spanish people have the ability to understand the true perfection of Letizia's way of dressing :rolleyes: If so 90% of the comments on the spanish threads could be removed and besides I am by far not the only person who disliked Letizia's 70's look and stockings (and I believe there were spanish people among those who also disliked her looks ;)) :flowers:

The taste is totally personal.

I only have said that in Spain this style is very habitual this autumn - winter, like it is habitual that the women take high leg boots. You can like or not, you would dress it or not, but I see it every day in the street, so for my it is very normal. If you go out to the street, or you enter Zara ... the style of the Princess seems to you of the most normal thing.

The taste is totally personal.

I only have said that in Spain this style is very habitual this autumn - winter, like it is habitual that the women take high leg boots. You can like or not, you would dress it or not, but I see it every day in the street, so for my it is very normal. If you go out to the street, or you enter Zara ... the style of the Princess seems to you of the most normal thing.

I agree with you and I think most people agree that her clothes itself are nice (eg I liked her coat and the dress) but very often she does a terrible job when combining the pieces. I did not like the 70's look but what actually ruined this outfit was combining it with the ugly stockings and shoes. It's not so much about the clothes but more about needing help to put them together in a suitable way.

Oh not sure now - did you refer to yesterday at the zoo? In this case, it was a private occasion and I did not critizise. The boots look indeed like riding boots (that was no irony) and if she likes to wear them - fine. If you were referring to the National Day and relating Letizia's outfit to Zara, it looked nice but for me not enough for such an occasion. Queen and Infantas did much better here in terms of elegance.

Last edited:
The Queen and the Infantas have been more classic, which not always means to be more elegant. I believe that it is good that the Princess dares to risk, it means that she is losing fears, that she dresses what she likes in each moment. She had found a style that though was OK for her was turning into an excessively correct style, she is young with 35 years and a thin body can risk. A times she will go better and others worse, but it happens to the whole people. The Infantas have been late decades in finding a style that feels well them, and even this way they commit mistakes.

I agree with you and I think most people agree that her clothes itself are nice (eg I liked her coat and the dress) but very often she does a terrible job when combining the pieces. I did not like the 70's look but what actually ruined this outfit was combining it with the ugly stockings and shoes. It's not so much about the clothes but more about needing help to put them together in a suitable way.

Oh not sure now - did you refer to yesterday at the zoo? In this case, it was a private occasion and I did not critizise. The boots look indeed like riding boots (that was no irony) and if she likes to wear them - fine. If you were referring to the National Day and relating Letizia's outfit to Zara, it looked nice but for me not enough for such an occasion. Queen and Infantas did much better here in terms of elegance.

D of M, two things

1. If you are a good observer, an you are, you have to remark that the Princess is very, very often wearing opaque tights. I have yet giving apart of explanation about that! As a woman try to guess....:p

2. If you are riding with kind of very beautiful boots, it's exactly the same thing as doing a hike with pumps!! It's so obvious that I' don't see the sens of your remark, except the ironic one....:flowers:

If you are riding with kind of very beautiful boots, it's exactly the same thing as doing a hike with pumps!! It's so obvious that I' don't see the sens of your remark, except the ironic one....:flowers:

Adelaide
There might be some irony in my posts from time to time but not this time, I swear ;). Well, here is even some evidence :flowers:
Google Image Result for http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2007/05/30/lauren-charticle/boots.jpg

These boots for example by Ralph Lauren are actually inspired by original riding boots. In Britain these boots are used in training by professional horseriders or jockeys (men and women) and they look exactly like Letizia's boots. Same thing in France, if you don't believe me take a trip to Longchamp and have a closer look at the guys riding out there ;)

Thanks for posting the LFI photos lula :flowers:
Leonor is yawning, she is sleepy already- that explains her being timid in these series of photos :lol: Maybe this is during her nap time in cole routine :lol:

Last edited:
Many thanks to CrisInaki, Lula and everybody for the great pics!
Cristina looks really great !
Felipe and Elena looks chic at the zoo, though they are casually dressed.
I love Froilan with his hands on his hips. So funny!
Cute Leonor seems a bit sleepy.
Duke of Marmalade, I think I should have quoted all your posts and written "I agree with you", because I definetely do.:flowers::flowers:
I only disagree a little bit on Letizia's boots, because I don' think that riding ( or not) boots look bad with jeans on a private visit to the zoo, though I don't like those ones, AWFUL colour!!! They are a sort of orange and don't match her bag.

I really think that it is nice that the extended family seems to spend a good deal of time together outside of official duties. I tend to only see my extended family on holidays or funerals.
I am not that surprised. Latin peoples, like Spanish, Italians, South Americans,etc. spend much more time with their families than other peoples do. We have a different idea of family.:)
I don't mean better, just different!

Last edited:
:news:I hereby name: CrisInaki and Lula greatest posters of the universe :clap: Thank you guys sooooo much for all the efforts you're always putting into giving the rest of us the most and best pictures of the SRF. :flowers:

Duke of Marmalade, I think I should have quoted all your posts and written "I agree with you", because I definetely do.:flowers::flowers:
I only disagree a little bit on Letizia's boots, because I don' think that riding ( or not) boots look bad with jeans on a private visit to the zoo, though I don't like those ones, AWFUL colour!!! They are a sort of orange and don't match her bag.
:flowers:
I was just surprised to see such gross and heavy boots on Letizia as I only see them in connection with horseriding or -racing. I agree boots look good, especially with jeans being tucked in but I had expected more elegant ones and I don't like the colour either, does not match with the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh what a lovely family. Its so good to see the Queen with all 3 of her children and the next generation (grandchildren). It wouldve also been really nice to Felipe's daughter Sofia, i know she is abit too young but it'll be a nice change to take her ot with the family & the zoo is always a good place to take kids too.

all ladies looked lovely in the down to earth outfit's, its nice to see them in jeans, casual pants & tops. I like Letizia's boots, very fashionable.
Thanks for all the pictures

:news:I hereby name: CrisInaki and Lula greatest posters of the universe :clap: Thank you guys sooooo much for all the efforts you're always putting into giving the rest of us the most and best pictures of the SRF. :flowers:
I agree princess leonor, these two deserves an award and recognition for their great postings in the SRF thread. For lula, for up-to-date news, articles, schedules and other links that I would have not known and for Crisiñaki for posting the best quality photos here :clap::clap::clap:

Adelaide
There might be some irony in my posts from time to time but not this time, I swear ;). Well, here is even some evidence :flowers:
Google Image Result for http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2007/05/30/lauren-charticle/boots.jpg

These boots for example by Ralph Lauren are actually inspired by original riding boots. In Britain these boots are used in training by professional horseriders or jockeys (men and women) and they look exactly like Letizia's boots. Same thing in France, if you don't believe me take a trip to Longchamp and have a closer look at the guys riding out there ;)

In the US these type of boots are worn in the cities for work and leisure.

The family looks wonderful!
We see again the little doll:wub::wub:,Letizia is especially nice with casual clothes,I like how she combines colors, and it is not necessary ,absolutely,that bag and boots have the same shade of brown, it's can be different and looks good.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the furore surrounding Letizia's boots, tucking your jeans into boots has been around for several years now and any style goes.

perhaps the boot thing isn't that innovative, but in any case i like it. the whole outfit looks smart and casual, but not overdone and it suits her very well. she has the right body to wear it and it looks feminine and not out of fashion.

Lulu Beautiful Pictures thanks Leonor did seem scared of the dolphins love how Grandmas and Aunt Cameras came out Such cute Pictures.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the scans Lula :flowers:
Awww Leonor and Irene are dolls :wub: The older grandkids definitely have a good time. It seems Leonor is scared to touch the dolphin :lol: They are a very beautiful family.

Thanks Lula for the pics!:flowers:
Everybody looks tired and sleepy: Leonor, Irene, Inaki..
Do you know what time was it? Maybe it was very early.

Very nice pictures. There is a nice gesture between Letizia and Jaime. I wonder how he is, he has not been looking good lately. Good for him there is a close relation within the family.

Irene and Leonor are very cute, it has been a while now since their last appearance, so a nice opportunity to see them out and about. I like the way Irene is dressed but no idea why a two year + 4 months old toddler still needs a pacifier; Leonor almost looks like a little adult with her chichi dresses rather than a two year old still wearing nappies. I wish Letizia put the same effort into dressing up herself that she puts into dressing up her daughter.

The pics of course show the reality when taking small toddlers to the zoo; too much attention resulting in overstrain and both don't look like they enjoyed it at all, one obviously felt uncomfortable, the other one slept. Very different to the older kids who obviously had a great day including Grandma, proudly taking pictures of the grandkids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom