The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 11:05 PM
Courtier

I like the skirt and the color she chose, but I'm not too fond of the shirt. I wonder if it's by Carolina Herrera because long skirts and shirt top together is her signature. She needs volume with her hair, straight or ironed doesn't suit her .

Old 09-18-2007, 11:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Letizia can pull off the hot pink very well. But her hair looks too unkempt for a dinner.
This is how I feel too. The hair is too casual.

I love the skirt. I can agree with the top in a different color. The different shades of pink are a bit distracting. It would look better with a black chiffon top, not a blouse but a simpler top. It still could look informal. The blouse doesn't go that well with the style of the skirt.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:01 AM
Courtier

Who is the guy on the 2nd pic? At first I thought it was Andrea Casiraghi but it can't be him! There's no way he's in Spain now!!! He looks like Andrea w/ the blonde hair. I like Letizia's dress except for her hair. She can pull it up for a more elegant look or she could have curled it but her hair is too short for curly style.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:53 AM
Heir Apparent

The pink skirt is really nice, beautiful, but the shirt looks cheap next to it, like mixing Armani collection and Zara sales, not to mention the platinum sandals
Next time she should try to get a hairdo, loose hair is not the way to go for reunions like these, nor is the school-girl ponytail she's wearing lately, which unflatteringly shows her donkey-bangs
Old 09-19-2007, 12:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

All the photos from Polfoto
Polfoto gallery
Old 09-19-2007, 01:10 AM
Courtier

I love, love, love the skirt. It's just beautiful; however, the blouse does not seem to match. They almost look like two shades of pink. I do like her hairdo, but I think she looks too skinny, and the hair needs some fluff. However, when her hair is too fluffy, it makes her head look way too big and her body way too thin. She could have done better--I give Letizia a 4 out of 10!!!!
Old 09-19-2007, 05:54 AM
Serene Highness

thanks for these beautiful pics!!!

Letizia is wonderful whith this pink dress!!!! I love her new style!!! she's very chic!!!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 09-19-2007, 06:16 AM
Nobility

Thanks for the pictures Girls!! I Love letizia's skirt and her hair, but that shirt have to go.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:19 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

[quote=highpriestess;669098]
Quote:
This is how I feel too. The hair is too casual.
Letizia's hair is not styled at all, like she had been in a hurry, did a wash and go job and went to dinner. My only comfort is that at a gala occasion it will be impossible to do without a hairstylist as the tiara has to be fixed

I don't understand that she's able do have some nicer hairstyles during the last week but turns up with a sloppy hairdo for a dinner with the Kings and foreign guests.

Quote:
I love the skirt. I can agree with the top in a different color. The different shades of pink are a bit distracting. It would look better with a black chiffon top, not a blouse but a simpler top. It still could look informal. The blouse doesn't go that well with the style of the skirt.
Exactly - there would have been plenty of options that still looked informal enough for the occasion.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:34 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks for the pictures. Letizia looked great. I love her outfit, especially the colour.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:21 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

[quote=adelaide;669022]
Quote:
For these who have a weight problem or who consider that the Princess of Asturias is a walking skeleton, hereby the pic of a marvelous woman who had been the muse of Hubert de Givenchy a so refined french designer, I called Haudrey Hepburn

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

( private collection)

I have some trubbles to understand why the Princess of Asturias should be stuffed for being more fat when it's not neither her metabolism nor her silhouet.
Well, all most of us can do is to judge from pictures. For me, there are pictures where Letizia looks so skinny that it harms her overall look. I don't say she is sick or healthy because I don't know and I don't think it's sufficient to judge from pictures. There are plenty of examples either way where pictures were able to fool the public regarding the status of the health of a person. Metabolism may be a possibility but it's certainly not a proof of health since it has been misused as an explanation in the past too often.

When I say Letizia is much too skinny it's imply an observation and I would say the same about Audrey Hepburn, especially when looking at pictures when she became older.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Honni Soit Qui Mal Y Pense

Yes my Dearest, but you, you " vous y pensez", you are thinkin about... If it's the reality, so what? better why they don't try to improve their image. If it's not true, but only the wishes of some very "accurate" observators, it's the proof that the King is able, SOMTIMES, to watch at his daughter in law as a human being, as a beautiful woman.

In a certain way, we can think that the King is not at all displeased to have as daughter in law a very beautiful woman with an horrible ironed hairdo, an awful ridicul casual shirt on a very surprising long skirt in colors witch don't match together because he is hating the" camaieu"- different shade of one color- too popular as eye catching, isen't it ? :tonks:
Old 09-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Heir Apparent

The blouse looks like a piece of the skirt so it looks Very well. The colour is strong and the skirt is lovely!
Old 09-19-2007, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent

well, as long as she doesn't break the protocol I don't think KJC would mind what she wears, he's not a Vogue magazine suscriptor
Old 09-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Courtier

Letizia looked very pretty, I love her oufit especially the colour! and the Queen was perfect, lovely!
Old 09-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Serene Highness

I think both the Queen and the Princess looked very lovely. I loved the color of the outfit. We have seen Letizia in a lot of white or black, recently not to much color. So it is nice to see her show us some color. I'm not really understanding about her hair lately. I mean I was critical of her hair while they were on vacation but I kept reminding myself they were on vacation. This style is what she showed off over 2 maybe 3 months ago it hasn't changed. Just not sure why it's such an issue in recent appearances.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love what she is wearing, the skirt, the blouse, the simplicity of her hair. Stunning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
All the photos from Polfoto
Polfoto gallery
Old 09-20-2007, 11:46 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeleine victoria View Post
Who is the guy on the 2nd pic? At first I thought it was Andrea Casiraghi but it can't be him! There's no way he's in Spain now!!! He looks like Andrea w/ the blonde hair. I like Letizia's dress except for her hair. She can pull it up for a more elegant look or she could have curled it but her hair is too short for curly style.
That guy is Diego Forlan, a Uruguayan soccer player who plays for Atletico Madrid.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Majesty

although not my favourite, quite an adorable new gala dress for letizia. i think it would have looked a lot better with a nice hairdo. it quite reminds me of maxima's gala dress at willem-alexander's birthday. same designer perhaps?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
That guy is Diego Forlan, a Uruguayan soccer player who plays for Atletico Madrid.

Thanks Lyle.

Closed Thread