The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

When was the last gala event (tiaras and stuff) we have seen Letizia in?
There have been other events in Spain and abroad in that time
I think it was February 2006, when Putin visited Spain
I'd like to see what would she wear to something like that, 'cuz her clothing tastes are "exotic" to say the least

Old 09-16-2007, 04:10 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
When was the last gala event (tiaras and stuff) we have seen Letizia in?
There have been other events in Spain and abroad in that time
I think it was February 2006, when Putin visited Spain
I'd like to see what would she wear to something like that, 'cuz her clothing tastes are "exotic" to say the least
Yes, Putin in Feb 2006. That outfit was too much of everything, totally overpowering her. The next gala event will come, that's for sure and I hope Caprile will pull off something more suitable for petite Letizia

Old 09-16-2007, 04:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Looking at the group pic I thought that Letizia almost vanishes within the family and from her body language she seems to ask herself do I belong here? No sign of a self confident woman who is sure of her position and role. And, of course, Cristina is to be found as far apart as possible from her beloved sister in law
In the group picture posted by crisinaki, Letizia had the most confident smile apart from the Queen. http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...090875_006.jpg
I agree with Taree, she should have worn a pair of wide leg dress pants like Elena.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:14 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
In the group picture posted by crisinaki, Letizia had the most confident smile apart from the Queen. http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...090875_006.jpg
I agree with Taree, she should have worn a pair of wide leg dress pants like Elena.
You are right, I referred to a different pic. This one is funny though, I wonder what Inaki & Jaime are thinking.

Elena rocks, she's very classy
Old 09-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yes, Putin in Feb 2006. That outfit was too much of everything, totally overpowering her. The next gala event will come, that's for sure and I hope Caprile will pull off something more suitable for petite Letizia
Yeah, I hope so, it's funny to guess what's she's gonna wear next, as long as it isn't about the last "basket ball disaster outfit", it's ok
Old 09-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Yeah, I hope so, it's funny to guess what's she's gonna wear next, as long as it isn't about the last "basket ball disaster outfit", it's ok
Tonight is the final so let's hope she does better than last time
Old 09-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Tonight is the final so let's hope she does better than last time
While she delivers the winner's trophy to Spain,to my as if she dress with the vest of the Spanish selection...
Old 09-16-2007, 02:18 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
While she delivers the winner's trophy to Spain,to my as if she dress with the vest of the Spanish selection...
Negative as Felipe will deliver the trophy He could have become a basketballer himself, at least he's tall enough I am not spanish but I hope they'll make it. It's always a great feeling when a the home team can make it to the top
Old 09-17-2007, 09:28 AM
Serene Highness

i'm sorry to disappoint you Duke but Spain lost, in a very bad way IMO. :(
Old 09-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat View Post
i'm sorry to disappoint you Duke but Spain lost, in a very bad way IMO. :(
That's sad and the circumstances are even more sad and unlucky. Everyone who has witnessed a national team winning a major championship at home, no matter what country or sport, will agree nothing else can beat that feeling. But Spain won the Volleyball EM, at least a little comfort.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Zapatero shouldn't be allowed to go to the sports events, everytime he does, we lose
Old 09-17-2007, 02:57 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Zapatero shouldn't be allowed to go to the sports events, everytime he does, we lose
... so he better stays at home when the SRF goes to Bejing next year
Old 09-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
How is he and Spanish sportsmen when they're plaing at home?
Maybe he shouldn't go for any championships at home or in foreign countries...
Old 09-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
For it before he has to gain the elections ... It is true next year there are Olympic Games in China, there we will see many royal families. In Spain there will be in addition Universal Exhibition in Zaragoza, so the Spanish Royal Family will have a busy summer.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
For it before he has to gain the elections ... It is true next year there are Olympic Games in China, there we will see many royal families. In Spain there will be in addition Universal Exhibition in Zaragoza, so the Spanish Royal Family will have a busy summer.
Correct. The Olympic Games will take place from August 8 - 24, during the usual Majorca vacation time period. When will the elections take place - definitely earlier, something like March or April? So maybe someone else will travel instead of Zap and bring more luck along for the spanish participants
Old 09-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

well, Rajoy, Espe, Gallardón aren't lucky charms either (even if no one beats ZP, the legendary "GAFE" of Spain )

I guess the SRF will go to the Olympic Games just like they have done in the last 15 years or so, I hope so, KJC brings a lot of luck to our boys and girls!
Old 09-18-2007, 03:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Dinner in honour of President Tabare at the Royal Palace

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Old 09-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

I like the colour of Letizia´s outfit
ANP Beeldbank
Old 09-18-2007, 04:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

ANP Beeldbank
Make commentaries about dress is not my cup of tea, but I have to say that I like very much the gown of the Queen - it's not the first time she is wearing it, but at the opposite of her dearest pyjamas, this dress has a look young and in relation to her habitual way of dress: simple, elegant, refined colors.

The Princess a true success, young, simple elegant and refined colors. The silouet absolutly fantastic. I want the same gown for my next dinner.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:

ANP Beeldbank
OMG - Letizia's hairdresser had a day off today, that's for sure. She looks totally stressed out and skinnier than ever. The skirt is nice but looks terrible with this polo-shirt-turned-into-a-blouse It would have been so easy to do better, with an elegant and suitable top and a proper hairdo

The Queen is very elegant with a recycled outfit.

btw, thanks for the link lula.