The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 15: March - September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was said that The Queen was in Palma yesterday. I thought it starnge that we didn't get any photos of her. Well, perhaps we still will.

In the video, I noticed that Cristina curtsied to her mother, does she usually do that on private visits? :neutral:

Yes, the Queen was yesterday in the Fortuna with her sister Irene, at least in the morning. They saw the exit and later they went to Cabrera, because of it there will no be images. Also they saw her having breakfast with the King.
Because of it it is strange, in addition Jaime was going with a briefcase.It will be necessary to expect to see if they give some news more.

And yes the Infantas curtsied to their parents, if they see that there are cameras ahead.

Thanks lula, I have to say I never realised that they curtsy when they see cameras around. I'll look harder next time! :)

Reyes, Príncipe e Infanta Elena asisten en Palma a funeral por Ignacio Caro

Kings, Prince and Infanta Elena attend in Palma funeral by Ignacio Caro

The Kings, Prince de Asturias and Infanta Elena attended this evening in the Bonanova church from Palma de Mallorca the funeral by the sailor Ignacio Caro, friend and collaborator of Don Juan Carlos, of whom was closely together during many years.

Photos
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070720/7216bdeddab90g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070720/7216bdeddad85g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070720/7216bdede325cg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070720/7216bdede4456g.jpg

Last edited:
Los Reyes y los Príncipes envían el pésame a familia

The Kings and the Princes send the condolence to family

The Kings and the Princes of Asturias sent today telegrams of condolence to Jesus de Polanco's family after knowing the news of his death.

¿why the royal family sends this message??

remember that this "gentleman " (jesús polanco) said in years 80:
"este tío ( por el rey) no me dura dos editoriales "
this gentleman thought that Juan Carlos would be the brief one (juan carlos el breve)

i don´t cry for this man

Who was he?

Boy, the SRF is haunted by deaths, funerals, bad news etc in the past months. Time for some good news, finally !!!

Jesus de Polanco was the President of the Grupo Prisa, a group formed by several companies dedicated to the publishing and of the communication. To him they belong the Santillana Publishing house, the newspaper El Pais or the Radio Ser.

Because the King of Spain is, before all, an institution.

And that institution goes over the personal feelings and give condolences when someone relevant in society dies.

Don Juan Carlos could have crawled the Palace walls 30 years ago when he read that statement from Polanco but in the following years he talked with him and greeted him with his affectionally ways, so it is normal to address the family and Polanco institucions the "Sorrow of the Crown" over Polanco's death.

remember that this "gentleman " (jesús polanco) said in years 80:
"este tío ( por el rey) no me dura dos editoriales "
this gentleman thought that Juan Carlos would be the brief one (juan carlos el breve)

i don´t cry for this man

Actually most of Spaniards thought Juan Carlos would be the brief one in 1980. Polanco had supported JC in the later years. Without the support of the very powerful Grupo Prisa, the monarchy would have been very unstable even under JC.

Thanks N! Nobody had managed to find any pictures from Froilan's birthday. Well done :lol:

Really, the press makes every worse time their work, has been no news on the matter. Now the video of Hola, has some sense. :flowers:

ABC.es: La clase política rinde tributo al legado de Cisneros

Royal House

The Kings and the Princes of Asturias have sent telegrams of condolence to the family of the deputy of the PP Gabriel Cisneros.

Don Juan Carlos and Dona Sofía, that they are in Palma, emphasize in their condolence the " capacity of dialog " and the " search of the concord ", as features of Cisneros's political personality.

After expressing their " deep sorrow ", the Kings recognize the " service to the Spanish " that gave Cisneros from his different positions, especially as referee of the Constitution and as parliamentary.

Does anyone know why Elena and Jaime were not present?

to me isn't that bad news. i went to croatia and montenegro in the last 2 weeks and it very good. the water temperature is 26ºC.
I went to Korot and Perast in Montenegro (Crna Gora).

Thanks for the articles lula. I hope we get to see some more pics of the two families together.

It is favorite grandmother Queen Sofia like much grandchildren go to school and see out grandchildren is like much favorite grandmother!!!!

How come photographers find the infantas but not the princes?

How come photographers find the infantas but not the princes?

May be because the Princes aren't doing tourism:flowers: and are anywhere in a very quiet place to take rest, isen't it ?:flowers:

Thanks lula, cristina is very pretty!!!

do we know who exactly went to montenegro? the pictures look great and the town seems truly beautiful!

do we know who exactly went to montenegro? the pictures look great and the town seems truly beautiful!

In the pictures they were in Dubrovnik, Croatia not Montenegro. The Dukes of Palma, the Infanta Elena, and Cristina de Borbon Dos Sicilias and her husband were all present.

such a shame the princes didn't join them... they must still be resting at majorca or perhaps they decided to visit asturias instead.

such a shame the princes didn't join them... they must still be resting at majorca or perhaps they decided to visit asturias instead.

The Princes also have gone away of trip out of Palma, in their case without known destiny and with girls.;) I believe that it is slightly probable that the Princes travel to Asturias, till now there has been no news in the matter and today the Prime minister goes to Asturias for a week of vaccations (to have to both families in the same place can be a problem for the safety).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom