The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 15: March - September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen looks great, always elegent in evening gowns. Id hoped to see Letizia in a gown while pregnant, maybe next pregnancy. Seems the King & Queen have been quite busy lately

I like to see the kings with his son happy, like a united family. It enchants the suit at night of the queen to me, it is a wonder and it feels to him fabulously. She is very handsome, magnificent. The king joked with the journalists and he said to them that he was going to them “to prohibit” the flashes.:flowers:

It is probable that some member of the Royal Family comes to his funeral, the Dukes of Palm were in the celebration of his birthday in Moscow a few weeks ago.

Rostropovich y la Reina Sofía, grandes amigos | elmundo.es

The musician dies at the age of 80

Rostropovich and the Queen Sofia, big friends

A concert of the violonchelista was a habitual gift of the King to Dona Sofía

The Queen knew the musician when she was a girl; her mother appeared him

Habitual of the Spanish audiences and old friend of the Royal Family, especially of Dona Sofía, the violonchelista Mstislav Rostropóvich, died today to 80 years, there supported a long and affectionate relation with with warm plaudits and numerous recognitions, between them the prize Prince of Asturias of the Concord in 1997.
And it is that to the Queen Sofia and Mstislav Rostropóvich they was joining for decades the passion for the music. Her mother was obstinate to Dona Sofía of small, when already of girl she her presented out-standing musicians. It was at the time when the Queen knew Rostropovich, and between both there was forged a friendship that has lasted up to the death of the musician.
(...)

The violoncelista was never absent in the important moments of the Royal Family, and, for example, the first public appearance of the Prince of Asturias and his fiancé at the time, Letizia Ortiz, took place in a concert in the Royal Theatre that Rostropovich offered in honor of the Kings. Then, he acted in his conductor's double condition and violonchelista, something that only happened in " very special occasions " for the great effort that it was necessary.

The gift of birthday that the King was offering her wife for many years was a concert - surprise or not - of her favorite musician, who in numerous occasions was ending with the public put in foot while the musicians were enlivening the ' happy birthday '.

Rostropovich was admitting that the Kings of Spain always had accompanied him in the difficult moments of his life. (...)

Photos
http://estaticos02.cache.el-mundo.net/elmundo/imagenes/2007/04/27/1177668405_g_0.jpg
http://estaticos03.cache.el-mundo.net/albumes/2007/04/27/rostropovich/1177671251_extras_albumes_0.jpg

I believe that somebody wrath. The queen if husbandible to go it did not need. It is one long friendship the one that they have had.

She looks great, but she wears 2 clothes? why????

If you mean the pictures with the gentleman who passed a way. It is probably at two different events.

Thanks for the news and pictures lula. It's a real shame, but at least he lived a long life and had people who really cared about him.

thanks for the information Seto, so i can write it on my site!

Familia Real española envía telegramas de condolencia por muerte Rostropovich

Spanish Royal Family sends telegrams of condolence for death Rostropovich

The Kings, the Princes of Asturias and the Dukes of Lugo and of Palma have sent telegrams of condolence to the family of the Russian Mstislav Rostropóvich, considered the best violonchelista of the XXth century, died today in Moscow at the age of 80.

That is the sad news of course :sad:
thanks for the infor

I am sure that if the palm Dukes do not go to the funeral he is because they have an east act Sunday, because they tenian much affection.

thanks for the pictures sis.

The Dukes of Palma went to his 80 year celebration in Moscow, I don't know when is the funeral but I believe they'll be there:sad: or at least the Queen and Princess Irene who were very close friends to him

Last edited:
Rest in peace. :sad:

When will be the funeral?

I moved the posts connected with Miguel's birthday to Miguel Urangarin thread.
Though several (many) members of the Royal Family were present, this event was in honour of Miguel and his birthday, that's why his thread is a better place to post. :flowers:

Last edited:
It is much sorry Queen Sofia his friends have dies and she visit to Russian at his funeral.! It is Princess Irene with his sister Queen Sofia on his funeral.

I was just going to say that I have always been a huge Monaco RF fan! But I know have another royal family that I am a huge fan of.....the Spanish royal family!!!

They are all so lucky to have all those beautiful and healthy children and grandchildren. The whole family is so photogenic. They all look very close and it is nice to see a royal family like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom