The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 13: December 2006 - February 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
adelaide said:
Why did you scribe that? is it your thaught, your feiling or your conviction?

they say that one married to have money
here in Spain they say that letizia is not enamored with d.felipe
they say that she is a "maquiavélica" person...and more and more and more:mad: :mad: :hammer:

(saludos a los malagueños) /
greetings to the malagueños

fanprincipesasturi said:
they say that she is a "maquiavélica" person...and more and more and more:mad: :mad: :hammer:

You know, actually this is quite an insult to Felipe. It's like Felipe has nothing to offer to a woman except for his money and title LOL :wacko::lol: .

State Visit of the president of Korea will serve to revitalize relations

The Korean president will arrive at Spain today Sunday, although the visit of State will not begin see you tomorrow to the 11,00 hours, when the Kings receive to Roh and its wife in the Palace of the Brown, informed official sources.
Hours later, Don Juan Carlos, Doña Sofía and Prince Felipe will receive to the
Korean marriage for a lunch in the Palace of the Zarzuela.
That night, the Kings will in full dress offer a supper in honor of Roh and its wife in the Real Palace.
….
Wednesday, the King will accompany to Roh in the inauguration of XVIII the meeting of the bilateral committee of Spain-Korea industralist, a forum in which is predicted approach questions like the meager level investments and the enormous imbalance in the trade balance of both countries

In the agenda also they appear a visit to the Museum of the Prado and another one to the Center of Art Queen Sofía.
In addition, the Kings will afternoon accompany to Roh to Wednesday a space inauguration by the Fair by ARC, that this year he has selected like invited country to Korea.

Visita de Estado del presidente de Corea servirá para revitalizar relaciones

Los Reyes y los Príncipes envían telegramas a padre Idoia Rodríguez

The Kings and the Princes send telegrams to father Idoia Rodríguez

The Kings have sent a telegram of condolence to Constantino Rodríguez, father of the Spanish woman soldier dead today in Afghanistan, in which they are sorry about her death.

Also the Princes of Asturias have made come other one to express their sorrow to him for Idoia's death, nothing any more the news be confirmed.

A follow-up on the story of Juan Carlos and the bear Mitrofan(http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/522272-post173.html).

The Story of Mitrofan Ends up in Legal Action for Insults Against the King
http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/arts/61539.asp?tt=

The suit concerns an article entitled “The Tribulations of Yogi the Bear,” written when the Russian press published that Don Juan Carlos had killed a bear that had been intoxicated with vodka

4 January 2007. The head attorney of the National Court, Javier Zaragoza, has filed a suit for serious insults to the King against the author of the opinion article “The Tribulations of Yogi the Bear,” in which the author calls the monarch, among other things, “a bloodthirsty recurring tourist.” The text was published in October 2006 in the [Basque] newspapers Gara and Deia.

The suit is brought against the author of the article, signed by “Nicola Lococo, philosopher” and the authors of the photomontage that accompanies the text published in Deia, signed by “Rodriguez & Ripa.” The public prosecutor says that, in case these people are not identified, the suit also goes against the directors of the two publications, those of the publishing company and those of the printing company.

In the charges, Zaragoza argues that the article “makes a criticism on the topic of the hunting of a bear by H.M the King, during which the author spills a series of degrading and humiliating expressions that attempt against the dignity and honor of the head of the State, and that are superfluous and obiously unnecessary for the exercise of the freedom of expression.”

Thus, according to the public prosecutor, the article, which features as a main character and narrator the bear Yogi, a popular cartoon character of the 1970’s who lives in the North American national park of Yellowstone, deals with the death of the bear Mitrofan. According to the reports published in the Russian press last October, the bear had been intoxicated with vodka and died after being shot by the King. The Royal House denied the facts and the Russian office of the public prosecutor concluded that the monarch did not participate in any hunting during his stay in the region of Vologda last August.

The head attorney of the National Court claims that the author of the article takes advantage of the subject matter “to impute the condition of alcoholism to H.M the King,” who is also called “sovereignly irresponsible” and “good-for-nothing” [mequetrefe]. Zaragoza explains that the article published in the Deia newspaper was accompanied by a photomontage that made the text even more “hurtful and humiliating” with the only purpose “of conveying the image of the King of Spain as an alcoholic.” The image shows the King by a pretended dead bear resting on a barrel that bears the legend “Hunter Distilleries [Bodegas Caza-lla] Makes You Feel Like a King.”

The head attorney of the National Court requested preliminary proceedings concerning a crime of serious insults against the King and requiring the directors of the Deia and Gara newspapers to submit original copies of the newspapers in which the article appeared, as well as to identify the authors of the text and the photomontage. He also asked that the authors of the article and of the photomontage be summoned as defendants.

The original article: Las tribulaciones del oso Yogi - GARA - euskalherria.com

The original photomontage: http://www.cybereuskadi.com/blog/media/rey_querella.jpg

The article's author writes in self-defence: Apología bufa de un filósofo pillo DEIA

fanprincipesasturi said:

Sorry for my late answer, but I should want to make some remarks about your post above.

I'm not spanish, but I love Spain; I don't live in Spain but I'am time by time in Spain, I don't read all the spanish newspapers but quiet of the most serious - El Pais, ABC, La Razon, La Vanguardia and if we can consider it as serious El Mundo- I don't watch all days long this press but some sumarize.

In this conditions may I express me about a subjects so controversial as the personality of Felipe de Bourbon y Grecia and as the person of Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano?

Three years ago, I knew who was the handsome Prince odf Asturias, that's all! and for Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano : nothing. Three years ago when you were speaking with spanish people about the Prince of Asturias, one word: the doubt.

What happens ? A shy and tall "Prince of blood" was falling in love "as a collegian" dixit the columnists of a plebeyan anchorwoman! It's not an hollywoodian synopsis, it's the facts.

Necessarly, " the Prince of blood" was stupid, and the anchorwoman an ambicious and machivelica personn and during about six months - i.d. until the wedding- the serious press was circonspect, not fo the " Prince of blood" but for the plebeyan and ambicious anchorwoman didn't hidden their septicism, the tabloids didn't refused this so beautiful subject to make money, and on the web a lot of "zozo" were arguing the most foolish ideas to make joks, to fill the time.

But the stupid and tall ( or the tall and stupid and so on) " Prince of blood" and his young wife now Princess of Asturias are given a fantastic image of a young an active Spain, the Princess's beauty is catching the attention on the Prince' works, the duties themselves of the Prince with his spouse are growning up exactly as their renowned with all the difficulties around the Princess who using of sustenance for a starving yellow press. As you know, they were doing her the worst about herself, her feminity, about her family whithout any apologizes in front of the lies.

Except the tabloids, some of specifics forum, spanish people never said stupidities about Letizia, more in particular since the birth of Leonor, people who was quiet reluctant are looking the couple with a lot interest, the behaviour princely is studiyng by the press more as a political fact than a gossip field ( except for yellow press and zozo web...allways)... until the two weeks drama!

I have ever thaught that Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano was an appreciation for Prince Of Asturias credibility, now I think that the Princess of Asturias is the futur of her husband's reign. If it's here her machiavelism, she is very successful!

Last edited:
Adelaide, I don't get your point, but I have to admit I haven't been following the Spanish media too much, especially on royal matters.

I don't recall any member of the royal family or their spouses being treated as "controversial" by the media.

As for the yellow press telling lies about Letizia and her family, I wonder what specific magazine or newspaper you are referring to.

Duncan said:
Adelaide, I don't get your point, but I have to admit I haven't been following the Spanish media too much, especially on royal matters.

I don't recall any member of the royal family or their spouses being treated as "controversial" by the media.

As for the yellow press telling lies about Letizia and her family, I wonder what specific magazine or newspaper you are referring to.

I never said that member (s) of the royal family are being treated as "contreversial" by the media. I'm sure that all the people who are on this thread are agree whatevertheir thaughts for or against the Princess of Asturias!.....

For the lies or may be if you prefer for the lack of serious, or lightness - I prefer thoughtless - or a strange interpretation of the fact do you want seriously that I make the list, it seems to me that since few weeks this subject is totally irrelavant quiet indecent!

Well, in that case I agree, I also think there has been a lot of light talking and strange (I would even say wild) interpretations.

I just wanted to know what do you mean by Spanish yellow press and tabloids, since you used those terms several times.

The serious press in Spain (For example: El Pais, ABC, La Razon, La Vanguardia) have always spoken favorably on Letizia. El Mundo is about the only exception since Jaime Penafiel writes his weekly there. Other than Penafiel and occasionally unfavorable articles from others, overall, El Mundo is still positive. Most of the rumors and lies were from the Internet online only articles or TV gossip programs. For TV 'heart' programs, it's their bread and butter to gossip on famous people, 'negative' things is always more exciting for the audience than 'positive' things :lol:.
I think Letizia herself is already used to the pink press circus. If only they can leave her family alone. Erika is dead, Telma is abroad most of the time, the rest of the family are either old or young, nothing interesting. If the British Royal House can have the press stopping buying the paparazzi shots of Kate Middleton walking in the street, why can't the Spanish Royal House do the same for Letizia's family ?

Closed Thread

Time to close this thread.
The new thread for the Current Events of the Spanish Royal Family can be found here.

Thanks to everyone, who contributed! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom