The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 12: December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The king and Queens card is great, gives the christmas feeling with the snow.
The CP's card, thought it was really cute but a bit dark, she is a cute little princess. Wished if her parents were in the picture as well.

crisiñaki said:
from this angle it looks like Leo is jumping on one leg!:lol::lol::lol::ROFLMAO:

It's so funny dear Crisiñaki, I suppose that you have find this tremandous joke alone!!!:idea:

Looks at the Underga's brothers, they look to suffocate their so beatiful litlle sister who don't have many space to be in the shot:lol: :lol: Too bad because this symphony odf blue eyes is totally astonishing:wub:

Leonor is just too beautful for words. :wub: I love the way Miguel looks on that picture, too cute for words. Irene looks a bit scared, poor thing with all of her brothers holding her so tight :lol: I love the signatures of the children, especially Miguels. Victoria has such a sweet smile in that picture!! Too bad Froilan doesn't look in the camera

Sooooooo cute !!!!!! especially little Irene and brothers.

I also hope it's not true but if it is, it's a pretty good photoshop! :rolleyes:
Anyway, the picture of little Leonor (who has grown quite a lot!) was adorale, so I am not going to complain. ;)

well Avalon, I gotta agree with you, Leo's face won me over no matter whether the pic has photoshop or not!:wub::wub::wub:

Leonor looks so happy :wub: and cute!!
She already owns the camera :lol: I love her!

Only is a boring people who always seeks to create polemics ... it is how if they were saying that the children of the Infanta Cristina lack half a body. 20 minutes it is a digital newspaper, to which is charmed with these things, the people write many barbarities, there are opinions that give shame.

The girl would raise the foot, and as the dress it is long one does not see ... can someone think that they erased the leg meaningfully? Please.:bang:

Evidently now they have topic about which to speak and with to refill space. Because it is better to create polemics and to criticize the image of a 1-year-old girl, that to say that the girl is nice and the postcard is very Christmas.

Ultimately next year we will still have without seeing Leonor's card with her sister, and the Princes will give us a nice landscape.:wacko:

The picture is cute and Leonor looks adorable.

Lula said:
Only is a boring people who always seeks to create polemics...
On a side note, why the fuss about those who are analyzing the photo? It is true that it looks unusual that Leonor is missing leg and it's well known that the royal family has photoshopped images before.Is it such a big deal that people are critiqing the picture??

http://www.elperiodico.com/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=46&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=365314&idseccio_PK=1028

The mystery is solved. Infanta Leonor already walks and stands up on her own. The little infanta, of almost 14 months old, poses alone for the Christmas card that her parents send in a personal and non-official way. On the other hand, the House of the King distributed yesterday the institutional congratulation that every year is sent through the media. For the first time in many years, King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia do not appear in the photography that illustrates the card. The protagonist of this royal Christmas is the palace of La Zarzuela, which is displayed in a typical although solitary Christmas landscape. This way, Juan Carlos and Sofía have decided to give a minimalist almost “zen” version of their Christmas.

According to sources of the House of the King, the decision does not have anything to do with the controversy of 2005, but is simply due to the wish of the Kings, to show another face of their daily life. There, the sovereign receives the Heads of State who visit Spain and the palace is also an important part of their personal life and labour activity. At the back side of the royal card, Juan Carlos and Sofía have their signatures, under the sober wish of "Happy Christmas and New Year 2007". The five first words of the phrase appear printed in blue, whereas the year is written with the same ink as the Queen’s signature.

The Princes of Asturias are not displayed in their card either. Instead, Leonor is the unquestionable queen of the Borbón Ortiz family’s card. The little one poses before the chimney of the family’s palace in a patterned dress and red shoes, along with a basket with pine-cones. Leonor appears surrounded by some of her dolls and with great socks, hangged around the chimney, so that the other kings, the wise men, can leave some presents for her. The wish of Felipe and Letizia ("Merry Christmas and New Year") is bilingual, written both in Castilian and English. After this printed phrase, one of princes had written the spontaneous dedication: "With all our affection".

http://www.abc.es/20061220/nacional-nacional/zarzuela-nevada-foto-dona_200612200257.html

The first-born of Don Felipe and Doña Letizia, who already shows her teeth, appears smiling and dressed in a Scottish patterned dress (in shades of red and pink), in front of the chimney, neatly decorated with Christmas decorations. In a likeable gesture, Leonor sustains with her left hand one of the pine-cones that are accumulated in a basket, close to the chimney that is decorated with dolls and traditional Christmas socks.

The little Infanta, who turned 1 year old, last October 31st, appears very straight, standing up with no help. Five great candles replace the firewood and a bear dressed as Santa completes the scenery of the Princes’ congratulation. This image used by Don Felipe and Doña Letizia for their Christmas card remembers the one used by the King and Queen in 1970, when they also sent a photo of the Prince, who was two years old, by then.

Bigger photo of Leonor, from 20minutos:
http://www.20minutos.es/data/img/2006/12/20/542380.jpg

Alisa said:
On a side note, why the fuss about those who are analyzing the photo? It is true that it looks unusual that Leonor is missing leg and it's well known that the royal family has photoshopped images before.Is it such a big deal that people are critiqing the picture??

A thing is to criticize, you can like or not,but already it is ... but to do jeer of the girl, and to say all kinds of barbarities is another thing. She is a girl, and that use a girl to refill programs of television or yellow press, I do not like it. Whenever Leonor appears, certain sector of the press is one week, commenting on any absurd detail.

I believe that the children deserve a respect, and unfortunately, in certain Spain press to the children of the Royal Family respects enough little, because it is more interesting to do business.

The Princes have had to hear of everything that the girl had a very big spot and they had to to operate her, that was deaf and dumb... of Victoria they joke because always she takes a small sock in the hand... and I do not want to rememberwhat happened with Froilán (name used by the press, because for his family he is Felipe) and his kick in the wedding of the Princes, looks like that that one brought some that another problem to the child in the college, and sample of it is that now whenever he poses for the photos he is sad, when before he was a very nice boy.

The children are children, and this type of things cannot be done concerning them.

Leonor was standing very close to the fire place. It looks like she was placing her other leg on the front base of the fire place, with a long dress, thus the left leg is not seen. I don't see the photoshopping this time. It makes no sense to photoshop a picture to have her left leg not seen ?
She is so cute, not as shy as her father when he was a kid.

Last edited:
Oh come on, really this is ridiculous. This is a completely ordinary photograph, no tricks this year. She is turned a bit towards the basket it's quite normal that her leg isn't visible. Poor thing, she gives us such an amazing smile and beautiful picture and still not enough for some people :mad:

I think that her left leg not being shown shouldn't be a great issue as much the little infanta is shown again! She looks like a doll!!!

lula said:
A thing is to criticize, you can like or not,but already it is ... but to do jeer of the girl, and to say all kinds of barbarities is another thing. She is a girl, and that use a girl to refill programs of television or yellow press, I do not like it. Whenever Leonor appears, certain sector of the press is one week, commenting on any absurd detail.

I believe that the children deserve a respect, and unfortunately, in certain Spain press to the children of the Royal Family respects enough little, because it is more interesting to do business.

The Princes have had to hear of everything that the girl had a very big spot and they had to to operate her, that was deaf and dumb... of Victoria they joke because always she takes a small sock in the hand... and I do not want to rememberwhat happened with Froilán (name used by the press, because for his family he is Felipe) and his kick in the wedding of the Princes, looks like that that one brought some that another problem to the child in the college, and sample of it is that now whenever he poses for the photos he is sad, when before he was a very nice boy.

The children are children, and this type of things cannot be done concerning them.

I agree that it is very hurtful and disrespectful by members of the yellow press to print things like Leonor is deaf and dumb or whatever tasteless things they come up with.
However, neither of the two articles posted said such things. They were just commenting of the oddity of Leonor's left leg missing and questioning whether the photos were photoshopped,that's all.

Infanta Leonor

Sorry but in Spain most of the people think is another photo-montage again, and the presse and the newspappers make a review...

I wouldn't be surprised if they send a Christmas scenery next year like the Kings this year. No photo, no controversy, or maybe no photo, big controversy if it pertains the Asturias couple.

You do not say most of the Spaniards; but the Spaniards who have bad idea and that they like to criticize. And later they complain because they do not teach the girl: as they are going it to teach if by a simple photo they are dedicated to criticize. Totally ridiculous. :bang: :mad:

The postcard is precious and the girl is cute.:wub:

And those that complain are as always for creating debates and having something to criticize them.:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

infanta leonor

i´m totally agree with you, NO PHOTOS NO CONTROVERSIAS....but in Spain we like enough to criticize everything, anyway we love our Monarchy...

carmelo said:
Sorry but in Spain most of the people think is another photo-montage again, and the presse and the newspappers make a review...

Press without seriousness that normally follows any rumor and yellow programs of television that has to criticize something because but they do not have hearing.:lol: I have not read anything in the abc or elpais. Though I imagine that if they do not have another thing of what to speak, the topic will spread as the pest, which is what is in the habit of passing; though the majority of the people it does not concern for it very much.

This week there was a very nice anecdote that demonstrates how it actuates this press ... in a news on the doll Leonor in 20 minutos, it was said that it was weighing :ohmy: ¡¡¡¡¡14 kilos ¡¡¡¡¡:ohmy: ... many articles of press and some program of television repeated the same news ... Evidently the doll was weighing slightly more than 2 kilos, but they gave the news badly without bothering to verify it.:wacko:

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2006/12/19/zarzuela-christma2/

CHRISTMAS IN THE PALACE OF THE ZARZUELA

The Christmas in The Zarzuela, the climate of the holidays in family, begins on December 20. The infanta Elena expires years this day and the celebration of this one is the perfect excuse to enter, in family, in the anteroom of the Christmas. Surrounded with all the adornments according to these dates, when they say goodbye this day, they know that they have soon an inexcusable appointment: Christmas Eve.

A party in which traditionally the King of Spain enters, across his Christmas message, the home of all his fellow-citizens. The Spanish remain dependent on the television and his words, which great they have to see with the hopes and the good desires. They are in the habit of accompanying them in this so special night, the princess Irene, sister of the queen Sofía, and the sisters and nephews of the King. They dinner in the dining room of palace a menu elaborated on the basis of the traditional recipes of these dates: soup of golden almonds, turkey, bream, partridges escabechadas or lombard accompanying to the lamb. Of dessert, dry figs, dates, cakes and, especially, the "turron".

Santa Claus and the grandsons of the Kings

A dinner that, surely, in the last years will have hastened. It is not of surprising. No delicacy can replace the face of illusion of a child while they develops a gift. The grandsons of our Kings begin to enjoy already the mystery of the arrival of this great man of white beard that Noel answers, in our country, to the Santa's name, alter ego of the Greek Saint Nicholas (boss of the sailors).

Without Christmas carols

... And assurance is also that not only there enjoy the Christmas the children of both Infantas... And that for the Queen educated in Greece, in a country where the Christmas holidays take a connotation of sadness as a sorrow that there gives a Child who comes to suffer to the land, has come the moment to have a good time fullly of these dates seeing her grandchildren to run for the gardens of palace. To the wait of a night of big surprises. Of made gifts fondly and without ostentation. One night, in which the best thing is wished though, it yes, they do not sing Christmas carols. The King came to Spain being a teenager and in the memory of the Queen they remain only the anthems or Calandras of the Christmas liturgies that were interpreting in orthodox Greek churches.

carmelo said:

:huh: I'm afraid by your words because if we beleive you there is graet problem of public health in Spain and the spagnards have to wear more glasses because if you are watching at this pic during two seconds you can see than the little girl is standing very correctly WITH A SHADOW ON THE LEFT PART ACCORDING WITH THE DIRECTION OF THE LIGHT!!!!

But be careful :unsure: because Leonor is baby in KIT and as the Princes don't have any place to put her during the night, all days long they are unscrewing her to put her in a drawer and the day of the shots they had to forget to rescrew her... You can understand when you are very busy you can forget little details!!!!:bangin: What a life for the poor Leonor....:bang:

But please,please, there is a very great difference between the be critic for anything, anywhere and at any moment and to have a normal critic minded which allow to analyse a gossip article and understand the stupidity of a such article!

If it's not the case, the spagnards are in a very difficult prospect in which they are totally unable to detect the true from the wrong....:wacko: :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom