The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 11: September - December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's really sad that anti-monarchists use articles like this to promote their views. If the site chooses to report about Juan's birthday, I guess things like that are bound to pop up, and of course, they have every right to do so, but I just think it's almost pathetic that they seem to think their rants will affect anything.

But that video is SO adorable, especially the part where Victoria runs down the street and Pablo opens his arms and she runs into them and then falls down. Too cute!! :wub: :flowers:

Last edited:
Thanks for the wonderful pictures.Great family!!!:flowers:

Thanks for the link to the video - I loved the last shot where u see two people walking down the street - they must have been shocked to see the SRF coming towards them! Can´t belive how grown up Irene is now. They are such a nice family the way they pose and persuade the children to do so in such a calm manner - esp as one often sees that the children are really not comfortable with it. Bravo SRF!!!

OMG.Irene is so cute. She is a living doll and I cannot believe she is already walking

Thanks for the pictures and the link to the video. What a beautiful family. God Bless them.

Thanks for the pictures. The children is so cute!!!!!

Does anybody know why Letizia, Leonor and Felipe did not go to Juan's 7th birthday party??

lecturas

hola

Last edited by a moderator:
Kings will inaugurate the new seat of the Cervantes Institute in Madrid

The Kings, the infanta Doña Elena and the president of the Government, Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero, they will inaugurate next the 11 of October the new central seat of the Cervantes Institute in Madrid, located in the emblematic building known like the Cariátides, constructed in 1918.

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/reyes_instituto_cervantes_madrid_1123398.htm

Thank you very much for the scans sis!:flowers:
I loved the pic where Irene is walking with the help of her two grandmothers:wub::wub:

The Cervantes continues with its unstoppable expansion by the world

The Cervantes Institute will count both in next years with seven centers more in Brazil, will open others in Tokyo, Nueva Delhi, Shangai, Seoul and Sydney and will reinforce its presence in the United States in cities like Houston, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston and Washington.
These plans of expansion were commented today by director of Cervantes, Caesar Antonio Molina, in encounter that maintained with the press to show the new central seat of this institution, that tomorrow will be inaugurated by the Kings, and to also advance some of the data who will facilitate themselves, tomorrow, in the annual meeting of the Patronage.
In the meeting of the Patronage there will be interventions of the King, of the president of the Government, Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero, and of the minister of Outer Subjects, Miguel Angel Moratinos. When finalizing the same one, the Kings, accompanied by Infant Elena, will inaugurate the new seat and will offer a lunch to the patronos and the ambassadors of the Latin American countries.

http://actualidad.terra.es/cultura/articulo/cervantes_continua_imparable_expansion_mundo_1134513.htm

Parade. - About the 4,000 military and more than 200 vehicles and 80 airships will participate in the traditional military parade

About the 4,000 military will participate the next Thursday in the parade that, in the occasion of the Day of the National Celebration.Kings Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofia will preside over in Madrid and in which also they will exhibit themselves more than 200 vehicles and 80 airships, according to informed to Europe Press sources into Defense.
Accompanying the Royal Family they will be the president of the Government, Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero, the presidents of the Congress and the Senate, Manuel Marín and Red Javier, respectively, ministers and other civilian authorities and military.
After the arrival of Their Majestys to the Seat of Columbus, anticipated to the 10,30 hours, a battalion of the Real Guard will award military honorses to them and, later, the monarch will review. Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía will salute then to the present authorities in the parade and, after it, it will come to the hoisting and tribute to the national standard and to those who gave their life by Spain.

http://www.hispanidad.com/noticia_ep.aspx?ID=20061009171841

Annual meeting of the Patronage of the Institute Cervantes and inauguration of its new central headquarters

From terra​

From Comunidad de Madrid​

Last edited:
To morrow, when start the ooficial act? Do you think it's possible that itwill be broadcasted on TVE International ?

Thanks for the photos!!!
Elena looks elegant !!!

adelaide said:
To morrow, when start the ooficial act? Do you think it's possible that itwill be broadcasted on TVE International ?

I think that at 10.30 a.m. ;)

http://www.prnoticias.com/prn/hojas/noticias/detallenoticia.jsp?noticia=24205&repositorio=0&pagina=1&idapr=7__esp_1__

"Party of the Banderita " of the Red Spanish Cross

One more year, the ' party of the banderita ' of the Red Cross is in march. Next Friday, the 27th of October, the president of the Congress, Manuel Marín will receive H. M. the Queen Dona Sofía, who will preside one more year at the table petitoria of the Red Cross.

As every year, the table will be installed in the main face of the Palace of the Congress of the Deputies of Madrid, in San Jerónimo's Career, where they will realize a labor of solidary collection together with other members of the table.

During this party of centenary tradition, all the members will collaborate along the midday with the labors of collection of funds
for Red Cross.

http://www.casareal.es/esp/cronicas/Acto.jsp?acto=3672
Infanta Elena
Community of Madrid

http://www.casareal.es/esp/cronicas/Acto.jsp?acto=3673
Infanta Cristina
Town hall of Madrid

From terra

Queen Sofia

[URL="http://img133.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=50640_b7_123_361lo.jpg"]
th_50465_b2_123_321lo.jpg
[/URL]

Infanta Cristina

Last edited:
All three girls in grey :lol: They are lovely. And Elena's hairdo is perfect for her, she looks much better with straight hair.

Wow, Elena sure looks good with her hair this way. I love it! Nice to see all three of them there again, and Felipe visiting of course:wub: Too bad Letizia is not there, I miss her being there next to the queen :ermm:

Thanks for the great pics lula.:flowers: It would be awesome to see the pic that girl got of Elena on her camera phone. The ladies look fantastic. I definitely agree that Elena's hair looks great like that. Thanks again!

Thank you for sharing lula.

Looks like Infanta Elena is enjoying the students song and it was very nice of them to do that before buying their banderita.

I'm with you LaChicaMadrilena on Elena's hair; very very beautiful the straight hair and the hair-do chosen.

Regards,
mtbcm

http://www.atb-e.com/default.asp?id=leer_mas&logo=&TemaAct=&fh=20061027120748

'Paquito' Fernandez Ochoa will receive tomorrow an honoring in Cercedilla presided by the Infantas Elenas and Cristina

This locality of Madrid possesses 29 champions of Spain of ski

CERCEDILLA (MADRID), 27 (ATB AND AGENCIES)
Francisco Fernandez Ochoa, 'Paquito', the champion Olympic only one of the Spanish ski, will receive tomorrow an emotive honoring in Cercedilla (Madrid), his natal locality, which will be presided by Their Royal Highnesses the Infantas dona Elenas and dona Cristina.

The 56-year-old ex-skier, is seriously afflicted by a lymphatic cancer though this terrible disease will not prevent him from being present forthwith of tomorrow, which will be celebrated from 12:00 in the Major Plaza and which is organized by the Cultural Foundation and the Town hall of the locality.

lula said:
'Paquito' Fernandez Ochoa will receive tomorrow an honoring in Cercedilla presided by the Infantas Elenas and Cristina

Fantastic! I love seeing the sisters together.:ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom