The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 11: September - December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some photos of last week from Hola and Semana

Thankssss for the photos lula !!!!!!!

:flowers::flowers:Thanks for the photos... so great:flowers::flowers:.... Letizia´s jacket seems to be open in the middle... maybe something we should know????:lol::lol::lol::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
lis said:
:flowers::flowers:Thanks for the photos... so great:flowers::flowers:.... Letizia´s jacket seems to be open in the middle... maybe something we should know????:lol::lol::lol::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wouldn't that be fittingly ironic? At the height of Letizia's anorexic articles and posts and pictorial essays of Letizia's thinness month by month, for her to announce that she's actually pregnant! :cool: ... Wait a minute, isn't that what was happening right before the Spanish royal court announced that Letizia was pregnant with Leonor?!

lis said:
Thanks for the photos... so great.... Letizia´s jacket seems to be open in the middle... maybe something we should know????
Maybe they'll announce something on Leonor's birthday??? ;) :flowers:

Some photos of last week from Hola and Semana
Elena's pants here, with the white stripes on the sides, remind me of sweat pants :ohmy:

Letizia, Cristina and Elena, a real and shared in common footbridge

untitledjl8.jpg

http://www.diezminutos.wanadoo.es/carticulos/156790.html

Alexandria said:
Wouldn't that be fittingly ironic? At the height of Letizia's anorexic articles and posts and pictorial essays of Letizia's thinness month by month, for her to announce that she's actually pregnant! :cool: ... Wait a minute, isn't that what was happening right before the Spanish royal court announced that Letizia was pregnant with Leonor?!

Well, the journalists are eating dirt right now:lol:.

planetcher said:
Well, the journalists are eating dirt right now:lol:.

I guess Alexandria knew something we didn't... Maybe Letizia was on the phone with her this weekend?:ROFLMAO:

Yes, I agree, those journalists should not only be eating dirt but they should also lose all their accreditation as journalists! Maybe they could foray into the world of fiction instead!

I find it very funny all these posts about Letizia being anorexic and the pictorial essay of Letizia's thinness month by month, and all the finger pointing at those pictures where she was in the white and green dress and journalists and members alike going, "Wow, she is soooooo thin. Look at those arms!" When during that time she had a little infante or infanta growing inside of her already.

http://www.abc.es/20061001/prensa-domingos-domingos/ocho-palacio_200609291835.html

Eight in palace

In only seven months there will come to the world the eighth grandson of Their Majesties the Kings. By then there will be so many children in the Royal Family as adults, though only two of them-Leonor and the baby that the Princes of Asturias wait - they will receive the title of Infantes of Spain. They all will try to take an as normal as possible life, as that of any child of the age and fleeing of the privileges, but without forgetting this condition that joins them and that they learn from very small: they are grandchildren of the Kings.

And it means, between other many things, that most of the Spanish has followed their existence even from months before they should come to the world, when an official communique of the House of the King announced the birth. Their first photos, their first steps, the first day of college ... they have passed to form a part of the affective patrimony of the society. In fact, they are the minor only ones of age to which the face never wraps them up itself in the photos that publish the magazines.

But this condition also means that everything what these children do passes for the sound box of the mass media. Few pranks have been so spread in the world like that there led both major grandsons of the Kings, Felipe Juan Froilán - first-born of the Dukes of Lugo - and Juan Valentín - son of the Dukes of Palm of Majorca-, the day of the wedding of the Princes of Asturias.

The image, thousand times repeated, of both cousins throwing kicks in the cathedral of The Almudena to Victoria Lopez-Quesada, who was lasting stoically, it came to reinforce a reputation of naughty, especially with Froilán, which last summer saw re-confirmed when the same children turned out to be covered with you shiver. One with a gap in the forehead and other one, in the chin.

Some mass media hinted that they had fought between them, something that would not be so showy in seven and eight-year-old children either, but actually one fell of the bicycle in Soria and other one struck its chin in the Balearics.

Either so serious or so naughty

Though Froilán takes the reputation of naughty - what has shot his popularity - and the children of the Infanta Dona Cristina of serious, these etiquettes do not correspond completely with the reality. As it is expiring years, the old one of the grandsons of the King it is every more formal day, since he has demonstrated in his last appearances publicly, though he continues being a spontaneous child who takes advantage of any opportunity to play. In the baptism of his cousin Leonor he did not even go out in the photos because he followed faithfully the indications of which not move of the bank that had assigned him.

continue...

http://www.abc.es/20061001/prensa-domingos-domingos/ocho-palacio_200609291835.html

But his formality not only afect on his behavior, also to his way of dressing. In spite of his short age, in all that he has occasion, the son of the Dukes of Lugo puts on jacket and tie. His sister, Victoria Federica, also her likes this "look" of elegant and classic children, who in her case notices it with the immense bows that she is in the habit of dress.

This way of dressing does not have anything to see with that there offer their cousins Urdangarín. Three males are in the habit of going always equally dressed, but with more informal, modern and sports garments. The etiquette of serious does not coincide with the character of these children, but their games either, occurrences and pranks have managed to slip by till now before the mass media.

All the Spanish children, four major grandsons of the King began the school it does a couple of weeks. Felipe, since they call him in house and his friends-Froilán, for others - and his sister, Victoria Federica, go to the college San Patricio of Madrid. When they were smaller, two children of the Dukes of Lugo were coming to the child-care Micos, also placed in the colony of The Viso, where the Infanta Dona Elena works as teacher. But for this new stage of their formation their parents have chosen this center based on the Christian formation and the intensive education of the English.

Two old children of the Dukes of Palm, Juan and Pablo, study in the French Lyceum of Barcelona and four-year-old Miguel, comes to the child-care Carles Riba , whereas-year-old Irene, still enjoys of the pacific days in a house that her brothers leave early every morning. Fullly integrated to the life of the Catalan capital, the children of Dona Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarín are the first members of the Spanish Royal Family, in five hundred years, which they speak Catalan.

The Infantas Dona Elenas and Dona Cristina posses the help of babysitters for the care of their children but, though both work, try to pass the major possible time with the children, as well as to take them to the college or to gather them to the exit. Something that also Dona Sofía did when her daughters were small.

Dona Sofía's role

Of the education of the children their parents and keepers deal logically, but also the Queen plays a fundamental role. Nobody as her can find the balance better between the tenderness and the discipline. And it is that Dona Sofía, who passes a lot of time with her grandchildren, does not hesitate to be call them the attention when they behave incorrectly.
For it, the Queen plays with two advantages: the first one, that the children adore her, and the second one, that her presence they inspires a special respect, though indeed the one who they imposes, since it happens to many persons, is their grandfather, the King.

Apart from the summers, in which Palma turns into the place of meeting of the whole Family, grandparents and grandparents support a narrow relation during the whole year. The only ones that live out of Madrid, Dona Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarín, are useful some weekends or bridges to move with their four children to the Palace of The Zarzuela.

Though the Kings distribute their affections between all their grandchildren, now, since it is logical, she is the Infanta Leonor the one that takes to herself most of the caresses and "carantoñas". To her eleven months, the first-born one of the Princes of Asturias already she looks for supports to try to put of foot and soon she will give her first steps. At the moment, which more calls the attention of this girl, who already says "dad" and "mom", is the curiosity with which she observes everything what happens around her.

The Infanta already still has very a few months of being the only daughter, since scarcely she will remove year and a half with her brother or sister. And if there are fulfilled the desires of her father, in a few years it will be the old one of a big family.

Last edited:
Thanks Lula for translating all these articles.

Very, very fair hair charming family! All the Duques de Palma's chidren are both quite similar but in fact totally different. The most genuine one is Pablo; yes it's him who looks like the most to th King, tremandous !...

For foreigneirs it's very interesting to see how this grand sons of the Kings belong to an affectionate patrimony.

When you travel in Spain, you can heard that, every body is waiting the next naugthy action of Froilan or Juan valentin, the next color of " the sock " of Victoria, the next smile of Pablo, the next battle of Miguel and mainly the first step of Irene.

Question for the spagnird foreists: Have you the feeling that the grandsons of the Kings belong to a collective afectonate patrimony as foreign people can think?

Last edited:
Thank you once again, lula, for translating these articles to us.

Your work is very much appreciated.

But do tell me, is it my eyes or the media are getting softer in the critics and their approach towards Spanish Royal Family?!

I don't if it is due to the last months before Princess' pregnancy was announced or what, I found this article you posted very nice and amost affectionate.

Regards,
mtbcm

I agree with you mtbcm, this article is more affectionate and nearest of the social word in wich they live. The owfull comments of the last weeks/days were those of specific press that we know. And it was true that the Princess looked thin they gave a single garbage explanation whithout to think at one another.

I think that this kind of article was wrote, may be, to try to be more sweet with the Princess : a kind of apologize, isen't it ? ( my thaught )

If the yellow press should be less stupid !!!!!

Last edited:
mtbcm said:
Thank you once again, lula, for translating these articles to us.

Your work is very much appreciated.

But do tell me, is it my eyes or the media are getting softer in the critics and their approach towards Spanish Royal Family?!

I don't if it is due to the last months before Princess' pregnancy was announced or what, I found this article you posted very nice and amost affectionate.

Regards,
mtbcm

They are different mass media, a thing is what in Spain is called a pink press (that is an already almost yellow press), and another thing is the serious press. Also there are different journalists, the dedicated ones to the gossip, and the dedicated ones to the information of activities of the royal family or to the politics.;)

These days and especially today on Sunday there are several articles of this type in the serious press ... this one gathers the most familiar aspect, that of the forum of the Princes is more related to the activity and the work of the Princes, and there are several articles about the topic of the Constitution (I am sorry, but this they are more complicated to translate and to deal). There are different articles, with different focus and of media of different ideology.

Sure that the yellow press also was looking for something dirty that to extract, because they have to take advantage of the business of the pregnancy of the Princess.:bang:

I can't believe little Irene is walking!:ohmy: She is too cute for words.:wub: Thanks for the great pics monica.:flowers:

Thanksss I love to see them out together and Irene is beautiful! :wub: Shame The King wasn't there:sad:

Oh yeah, I'm a little slow, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUANITO:punk:

The photos are wonderful,the children are beautiful but the small Irene is like a doll of pretty.

Irene is a pretty little girl. Note Pablo's hand holding Irene's leg in the second picture.

thanks for the great pics! little Irene is walking now, yay! soon she'll be running around and everyone will be having a hard time running after her. :D and i find it cute that Irene and her grandma Claire Urdangarin are both matching in pink. ;) :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG, thanks for the pics sis!:flowers:
Irene is such a cutie, her hair has grown a lot since the Marivent Photoshoot and now she looks just like a doll and she's walking!:wub::wub::wub:

Irene has gone from baby to toddler in a month!

thankssss you lula !!!
great videoooo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom