The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 1: August 2003 - February 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tina

Courtier
City
Irgendwo im Nirgendwo
Country
Germany
1. Palacio Real. Madrid, 25 de septiembre de 2001

I don't, if this has been posted before, but I've got a question.

They're wearing "scarfs" with different colours, so: different colour = different meaning??

2. Sus Majestades los Reyes, acompañados de Sus Altezas Reales las Infantas Doña Elena y Doña Cristina, y Don Jaime de Marichalar, presidieron el desfile naval conmemorativo del décimo aniversario del fallecimiento del Conde de Barcelona que se celebró en la Bahía de Palma de Mallorca, y con el que concluyó la XIX edición del Trofeo Almirante Conde de Barcelona de barcos de época.
(Bahía de Palma de Mallorca. 24 de agosto de 2003)

3. Don Juan Carlos presidió en el Palacio de la Almudaina la entrega de premios de la XIX edición del Trofeo Almirante Conde de Barcelona de barcos de época, disputada en aguas de la Bahía de Palma. Los galardonados fueron el "Buena Esperanza", como ganador de la clase espíritu de tradición, el "Manufaite", en la categoría de barcos clásicos, y el "Agneta" en la división de barcos de época. Asimismo, la Fundación Hispania, organizadora de este evento, rindió un homenaje con una mención especial al "Giralda", última embarcación del Conde de Barcelona.
(Palacio de la Almudaina. Palma de Mallorca, 24 de agosto de 2003)

4. Don Juan Carlos, en el palco del Estadio de Son Moix, en Palma de Mallorca, donde acudió para presenciar el partido de fútbol correspondiente al encuentro de ida de la Supercopa de España de Fútbol entre el Real Mallorca y el Real Madrid, que finalizó con victoria del equipo local por dos goles a uno.
(Estadio Son Moix. Palma de Mallorca, 24 de agosto de 2003)

all taken from casareal.es

Attachments

• Palacio_Real._Madrid__25_de_septiembre_de_2001.JPG
    Palacio_Real._Madrid__25_de_septiembre_de_2001.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 641
  • a.JPG
    a.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 465
  • b.JPG
    b.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 475
  • c.JPG
    c.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 515
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pictures, Tina! Lovely to see the family together espescially with Elena and Jamie having been away in New York and stories of rife in the family with him.

What is the woman in the red suit doing in the picture of Juan Carlos in the navy blazer with navy and yellow tie and waving? It looks like the lady is either brushing dust off his rear end or checking it out!

Originally posted by Alexandria@Aug 25th, 2003 - 1:46 pm
Nice pictures, Tina! Lovely to see the family together espescially with Elena and Jamie having been away in New York and stories of rife in the family with him.

What is the woman in the red suit doing in the picture of Juan Carlos in the navy blazer with navy and yellow tie and waving? It looks like the lady is either brushing dust off his rear end or checking it out!
Stealing his wallet? ;)

LOL! :p

Looks like she is indicating something to King Constantine (on the right of the King)

Originally posted by Jalmey@Aug 25th, 2003 - 10:40 pm
LOL! :p

Looks like she is indicating something to King Constantine (on the right of the King)
maybe his daughter Theodora?

I don't think that is King Constantine. It doesn't look exactly like him.

That women is Infanta Cristina and that men is the president of Real madrid, Florentino Peres :lol: :p :lol:

:flower: Xicamaluca

Don Juan Carlos y Doña Sofía, con José María Aznar y su esposa, Ana Botella, antes de la cena que Sus Majestades les ofrecieron en el Palacio de Marivent y a la que asistió toda la Familia Real. Previamente, Su Majestad el Rey y el presidente del Gobierno habían mantenido el segundo despacho habitual del período estival.
(Palacio de Marivent. Palma de Mallorca, 26 de agosto de 2003)

casareal.es

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 355
The King and Queen look very tan in that last picture! You can tell they've been holidaying in a sunny place! B)

Queen Sofia doesn't seem to wear such bright, vibrant colours or prints too often. Very often she is in greys, beiges, browns, and the occasional red suit. But the outfit looks very summery and great with her wonderful tan.

... Wonder if she could tell me where she holidayed to get all that great colour. I could use some colour on my pasty-white legs! :p

Originally posted by Alexandria@Aug 27th, 2003 - 5:58 pm

... Wonder if she could tell me where she holidayed to get all that great colour. I could use some colour on my pasty-white legs! :p
The spanish royals spend their vacation in the Balearic Islans, in spain. Most of the time they are in Maiorca, where they have their summer palace, Marivent, and where, all summers, the regatas take place ;) . But they normaly go to others islands in their yate "Fortuna" .

Originally posted by xicamaluca@Aug 28th, 2003 - 1:51 am
The spanish royals spend their vacation in the Balearic Islans, in spain. Most of the time they are in Maiorca, where they have their summer palace, Marivent, and where, all summers, the regatas take place ;) . But they normaly go to others islands in their yate "Fortuna" .

any pcitures of Marivent?

:punk:

The kigns, during the dinner giving to the balearic authorities, marking the end of the ofiicial duties from their vacation B) . The Dukes of Lugos and the Dukes of Palma were also present. Prince Felipe missed the dinner.

Attachments

• palma13g.jpg
    palma13g.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 404
1. casareal - The kings, the Dukes of Palma and the Dukes of Lugo in the reception given in the Day of the Nacional Celebration

2. casareal - The Kings and Infanta Elena in the anual meeting with the patrons of the Instituto Cervantes

Attachments

• zz.JPG
    zz.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 581
  • cerva17g.jpg
    cerva17g.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 467
www.ibl.se - Palma de Mallorca (Baleares), Spain. 1986. King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, with Crown Prince Felipe and guests Princess Diana and Prince Charles with sons William and Harry.

Attachments

• EN.jpg
    EN.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 3,287
The photo with Charles and Diana is way too cute! I love William's bored yawn, and Harry looks like he is about to make a run for it. :lol:

Of course, it also looks like Juan Carlos is flirting with Diana, while Sofia looks off in the opposite direction. :innocent:

I wonder if any current pictures exist of Prince Charles or his parents with the royal family of Spain? Do JC and Sophia ever attend the royal ascot or other royal British gatherings? Were they at the funeral of the Queen Mum?

Originally posted by zhontella@Nov 12th, 2003 - 10:14 pm
I wonder if any current pictures exist of Prince Charles or his parents with the royal family of Spain? Do JC and Sophia ever attend the royal ascot or other royal British gatherings? Were they at the funeral of the Queen Mum?
Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Sean. ;)

GETTY IMAGES - Prince Felipe of Spain, left, his sister Infanta Cristina and her husband Inaki Urdangarin arrive at the Spanish military training ship "Juan Sebastian Elcano" July 31, 2001 at Palma de Mallorca Island, Spain.

Attachments

• 846.jpg
    846.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 595
The Kings and Felipe will be tomorrow in the funeral of the 7 spanish agents killed in Irak. The funeral of the agents will take place at the "Centro Nacional de Inteligencia - CNI" (National Center of Inteligence. The agents were from the spanish secret services) in Madrid, at 12.00 CET :( Is very likely that TVE broadcast the funeral as they did for the dead militaries killed in a plain crach last May.

Spain is in national mourning :cry

An article from ABC
http://www.abc.es/Nacional/noticia.asp?id=...76&dia=01122003

Yahoo! News

Spain Mourns Agents Killed Near Baghdad
By JULIANE VON REPPERT-BISMARCK, Associated Press Writer

MADRID, Spain - A funeral was held Tuesday for seven military intelligence agents killed in an ambush in Iraq (news - web sites) as Spanish officials said they may have been betrayed by a traitor in their operations.

Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar was to appear before Parliament to give an account of Saturday's shooting on a road south of Baghdad, the worst single attack on Spaniards in Iraq.

Defense Minister Federico Trillo said the attack may have been made possible by a mole working within the service in Iraq.

A government official said the intelligence agency's operations included Iraqi staff.

News reports said the ministry's suspicion of a traitor was fueled by the fact that the agents made last-minute changes in their trip Saturday, beginning their journey earlier and taking a different route than planned.

The daily El Mundo cited evidence from Jose Manuel Sanchez Riera, the sole survivor of the attack, that the eight agents had been traveling in two vehicles and came under fire from a car behind them. In the shootout that followed, the agents were also attacked from a nearby settlement.

Government officials said they expected Aznar, when he speaks to Parliament later Tuesday, would reiterate suspicions voiced by the Defense Ministry and intelligence service that agents in Iraq were being targeted systematically, and that the attack was linked to the October assassination of Jose Antonio Bernal, another Spanish agent killed by gunmen in Baghdad.

Meanwhile, the seven flag-draped coffins were taken from the Defense Ministry's military hospital to the headquarters of the National Intelligence Center for the midday service.

Bereaved relatives received condolences from King Juan Carlos, Queen Sofia and Prince Felipe. Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar, members of his Cabinet and many high-ranking politicians attended the service, which was televised live across Spain.

The king placed the Official Cross of the Order of Civil Merit on each coffin.

Trillo said the agents knew they were in a high-risk situation, since Spain had been receiving persistent threats prior to the attack.

The killings dealt a severe blow to Spain's intelligence service operating in Iraq and left Spanish troops vulnerable, an officer told the leading daily newspaper El Pais.

"Without them, we are left blind," Lt. Col. Jose Luis Gutierrez, the head of Spanish military operations in the Iraqi province of Najaf, told the paper.

Yahoo! News
Spanish King Juan Carlos places an official Cross of the Order of Civil Merit on one of the coffins of seven Spanish intelligence agents killed in an ambush in Iraq (news - web sites) during the state funeral at the National Intelligence Center on the outskirts of Madrid, December 2, 2003. Spain mourned the seven agents killed in Iraq hours before parliament was due to reopen a debate about the war in Iraq and how Spain ended up in the middle of it. REUTERS/POOL/Manuel Hernandez de Leon REUTERS

Yahoo! News
Spain's Crown Prince Felipe offers his condolences to relatives of the seven members of Spain's military intelligence agency killed in an ambush in Iraq (news -web sites) last Saturday during a funeral service in Madrid, Tuesday Dec, 2, 2003. (AP Photo/Manuel H. de Leon)

Yahoo! España
Los Reyes de España, don Juan Carlos y doña Sofía, y el Príncipe de Asturias, don Felipe de Borbón, presidieron hoy en la sede del Centro Nacional de Inteligencia (CNI), en un ambiente de emoción y tristeza, los funerales por los siete agentes asesinados el pasado sábado al sur de Bagdad. (Europa Press)

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 440
  • 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 468
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 570
Hola
King Juan Carlos and Felipe paying their respects to the families

Hola
King Juan Carlos placing the Official Cross of the Order of Civil Merit on each coffin

El Mundo (originaly from EFE News Agency)
King Juan Carlos placing the Official Cross of the Order of Civil Merit on each coffin

Yahoo! News
Spain's Crown Prince Felipe, left, Queen Sofia, 2nd left, the Head of Protocol for King Juan Carlos, Alberto Aza Arias, 3rd left and King Juan Carlos stand over the coffins of the seven members of Spain's military intelligence agency killed in an ambush in Iraq (news - web sites) last Saturday during their funeral service in Madrid, Tuesday Dec, 2, 2003. (AP Photo/Manuel H. de Leon)

ABC
A very emocioned Queen Sofia

La Razón

casareal
S.M. el Rey impone la Cruz de Oficial de la Orden del Mérito Civil, a título póstumo, a uno de los siete miembros del Centro Nacional de Inteligencia (CNI) asesinados el pasado 29 de noviembre en Irak. Acompañaban a Don Juan Carlos, S.M. la Reina y S.A.R. el Príncipe de Asturias. También asistieron, junto al presidente del Gobierno y su esposa, los demás representantes de las Altas Instituciones del Estado. (Sede del CNI. Madrid, 2 de diciembre de 2003)

casareal
SS.MM. los Reyes y S.A.R. el Príncipe de Asturias, durante el funeral por los siete miembros del Centro Nacional de Inteligencia asesinados el pasado 29 de noviembre en Irak. En el acto, Don Juan Carlos impuso, a título póstumo, sendas condecoraciones a los fallecidos. También asistieron, junto al presidente del Gobierno y su esposa, los demás representantes de las Altas Instituciones del Estado. (Sede del CNI. Madrid, 2 de diciembre de 2003)

Yahoo! News
Spain's King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia offer their condolences to one of the relatives of one of the seven members of Spain's military intelligence agency killed in an ambush in Iraq (news - web sites) last Saturday during a funeral service in Madrid, Tuesday Dec, 2, 2003. (AP Photo/Pool, Manuel H. de Leon)

Yahoo! News
Spain's King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia offer their condolences to one of the relatives of one of the seven members of Spain's military intelligence agency killed in an ambush in Iraq (news - web sites) last Saturday during a funeral service in Madrid, Tuesday Dec, 2, 2003. (AP Photo/Pool, Manuel H. de Leon)

Attachments

• rey.jpg
    rey.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 248
  • funeral.jpg
    funeral.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 250
  • entierro4.jpg
    entierro4.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 239
  • capt.mad80512021650.spain_iraq_mad805
    17.6 KB · Views: 99
  • so.JPG
    so.JPG
    7.3 KB · Views: 264
  • funeral.jpg
    funeral.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 270
  • rey.JPG
    rey.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 278
  • cni02g.jpg
    cni02g.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 262
  • rey.JPG
    rey.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 263
  • rey2.JPG
    rey2.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 319
Since this is a forum for being open and candid about our thoughts, I must say Felipe doesn't look too bright. In fact he looks well, less than that................if you catch my drift. Infanta Cristina looks smart though. She should be next in line for queen.

Then there's the problem of Felipe's stupid choice of a wind up doll for a spouse. Sorry, but Letizia is just perfect acting and boring through and through.

zhontella  Posted: Dec 19th, 2003 - 11:43 pm

Felipe doesn't look too bright .... Letizia is just perfect acting

as I see it, the ideal royal is like Haakon's Dad :
a. silly grin that is amused at all, and in doing so appeals to the masses (as it does to me),
b. not too smart (besides the government does the thinking and tells you what to say)
c. a clothes-horse (promotes the nation's fashion-trade). The only place where (some) individuality is allowed.
d. into sailing (that way you can drink off-shore in a tax-free haven).
e. a family man (in the quaintest sense of the word).

The wife is like Queen Sonia
f. into art of all sorts
g. a clothes-horse
h. no brains needed because that is the husband's role (to put the foot in the mouth).
i. adds substance to the magic (like it has always been through time).

Hmmph.............blowing steam at King Christian. As far as I'm concerned, and I'm an expert in such matters, the Norwegian royals can each and every one walk on water. If you dare again to say anything flippant about them, you must first clear it through me. B)

Originally posted by zhontella@Dec 19th, 2003 - 10:43 pm
Since this is a forum for being open and candid about our thoughts, I must say Felipe doesn't look too bright.  In fact he looks well, less than that................if you catch my drift.    Infanta Cristina looks smart though.    She should be next in line for queen.

Then there's the problem of Felipe's stupid choice of a wind up doll for a spouse.  Sorry, but Letizia is just perfect acting and boring through and through.
I guess some members might be offended by your remarks, zhontella. But, you are entitled to your opinion just as they are entitled to their's.

Julia  Posted: Dec 20th, 2003 - 2:12 pm
(zhontella @ Dec 19th, 2003 - 10:43 pm)
Since this is a forum for being open and candid about our thoughts, I must say Felipe doesn't look too bright.  In fact he looks well, less than that................if you catch my drift.    Infanta Cristina looks smart though.    She should be next in line for queen.

Then there's the problem of Felipe's stupid choice of a wind up doll for a spouse.  Sorry, but Letizia is just perfect acting and boring through and through.
I guess some members might be offended by your remarks, zhontella. But, you are entitled to your opinion just as they are entitled to their's.

Julia, I don't see what you are offended about ...... if anything, there is through your involvement of submitting such comments, a certain acknowledgement that (for you) "all royals walk on water". And thus, a hidden agenda becomes a public agenda that others conform their beliefs to your's.

Never the less, it is nice to see you sticking up for the royals. :) Please accept my compliment in that regard.

And on the other hand, Julia, didn't you see that Zhontella defended the RF of Norway against (what she considered) an unfair attack from me ?

I mean, I read all comments with a 'tongue on cheek' humour ... I make an acceptance for different languages and different cultures resulting in a commentary that is different to mine. And that is why I read at this forum - is to
a. have fun and
b. to learn.

Originally posted by King Christian@Dec 20th, 2003 - 4:42 pm
Julia, I don't see what you are offended about ...... if anything, there is through your involvement of submitting such comments, a certain acknowledgement that (for you) "all royals walk on water". And thus, a hidden agenda becomes a public agenda that others conform their beliefs to your's.
I think to some degree we all think that royals walk on water, it is just a matter of which royals or which families for each LTR member. Some members like the Spanish royals, some don't. It's just a matter of interests and preferences.

I'm not in the least bit offended, King Christian. :graduate:

That is indeed adorable!

What a lovely picture of the King and Queen with their grandchildren.

I don't think I've seen a new picture of Miguel in a long time. He is taking on Inaki's good look.

Nice photo there with the grandchildren.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom