The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 04:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
BTW...if Oprah had given this same speech I would have laughed my head off. I couldn't care less about Sandra Bullock but she is SLIM AND HEALTHY looking at least. I don't have a clue who "Angelia" is and as for Michelle Obama, I would not have needed to praise or criticize her. The first lady's shills and haters here in the media would have taken care of it.
You do know that Winfrey struggled with an eating disorder? Nothing to laugh here.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 11-22-2014, 04:52 PM
Serene Highness

A conference on nutrition would truly be fruitless if it was just a free-for-all spitballing about the whole MASSIVE topic of malnutrition in all its forms.

So, it makes sense that Letizia talked about obesity. Other speakers and groups may have focused on other topics.

Old 11-22-2014, 04:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
You do know that Winfrey struggled with an eating disorder? Nothing to laugh here.
Maybe you should remind the poster who brought Ms.Winfrey into the convo in the first place of that. I was discussing Letizia. And I wasn't laughing.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
She looks fantastic and I have a hunch the Pope could care less what color she's in
I agree that the Pope could care less about color of clothes anyone wears as he has so much more to worry about. He has a lovely warm smile and I truly admire him and what he is trying to accomplish through his faith.
Old 11-22-2014, 05:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Maybe you should remind the poster who brought Ms.Winfrey into the convo in the first place of that. I was discussing Letizia. And I wasn't laughing.
You said you would have laughed if Oprah was the speaker lmao

Maybe we should ask casareal for a medical certificate to legitimate Letizia's engagement here.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 11-22-2014, 07:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Your points are valid. All European royal ladies busy themselves with charitable causes as they try hard to show their usefulness and hard work. I do not think this supposedly hard work yields tangible results. Queen Maxima and Crown Princess Mary just live in better economic conditions or perhaps have less corrupt governments.
Spot on!

Quote:
Obesity is not the only manifestation of malnutrition. Bone and hair loss, problems with eyes and skin, organ failure and emaciation are also some of the consequences of malnutrition. Why no mention..not even a word, about that? The Spanish queen spoke as if she was addressing a conference on the obesity epidemic, in which her speech would have been appropriate. The one she presented was, in my humble opinion, sorely off the mark.

Do the starving children of the sub-Continent have bloated bellies because they are fat??

During her journalism career and during the early years of her marriage Letizia was a slim but healthy looking woman. Frankly that is no longer the case. For someone who looks as skeletal as she does to now to lecture others on nutrition strikes me and many others as ironic.

We will agree to disagree here.
I agree with this. Malnutrition comes in different forms, and they are equally of concern. Yes, obesity is a big problem, but so is anorexia. - The link below quotes 30 million people in the US alone suffering from eating disorders, and eating disorders come with lack of adequate nutrition. If issues like this are not brought up on international forums on malnutrition, why should that be?

https://www.nationaleatingdisorders....ting-disorders
Old 11-22-2014, 08:43 PM
Majesty

Thanks redtulip. I live in a city where young women and girls are literally starving themselves in their formative years to attain a ghastly and unrealistic image of what the media-and many famous women-project to them as the perfect body. Anorexia along with obesity are both very real problems in the West. So when I read posts insisting that it's mainly just obesity it makes me shake my head.

I'm kind of over this conversation, frankly. I've made dozens of comments about Letizia. Many times I've said I think she is the most beautiful of the current Royal spouses. She apparently has a great marriage with Felipe. She wears stylish clothes and her children are out of a storybook. But make one disapproving post and her fan club pounces on me like flies on waste.

In the interest of full disclosure some of you folks should warn people that the Letizia threads are for die hard fans only-no dissent allowed.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:36 PM
Nobility

It's very much the case here in Australia; too many young women are seriously undernourished and suffer from eating disorders because of advertising and celebrity images in particular.

I do not subscribe to the view that posting pink is right and posting anything else is wrong.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

I repeat what I said earlier, you are talking of diseases that according to the World Health Organization are mental illnesses... if those people do not eat, it is a decision product of a distorted view of reality and consequence of a psychological problem. The nutritional problem is only one aspect of those diseases that are more complex, and must be analyzed from different perspectives... and probably WHO organize meetings to this specific topic.

That was not the subject of this conference, the theme of the conference was nutrition, and the main elements to analyze the problems of hunger and obesity. The dozens of diseases that are linked to good or poor diet were not analyzed in detail.

For example, recently at a conference of the Spanish Association Against Cancer, which queen Letizia attended, experts spoke of the importance of diet in recovering cancer patients. She could have talked about this issue, because it is linked to an organization she presides, but did not speak specifically about it, because the conference had another approach.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Well said Lula!
Old 11-23-2014, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Can we keep this thread on topic any further non current event posts will be deleted without warning.
Old 11-27-2014, 02:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Queen Letizia of Spain is glamorous in grey for charity conference in Palma | Daily Mail Online

DM's reporting is so bad, Letizia has attended this congress at least 3 times. But they always have nice pictures.
Old 11-27-2014, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial
Old 11-27-2014, 03:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful lipstick!
Old 12-10-2014, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

She's got specs appeal! A low key Queen Letizia shines in stylish sunglasses as she arrives for charity event in Madrid

Read more: Queen Letizia shines in stylish sunglasses at charity event in Madrid | Daily Mail Online
Old 12-19-2014, 10:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Queen Letizia of Spain is glamorous in grey for charity conference in Palma | Daily Mail Online

DM's reporting is so bad, Letizia has attended this congress at least 3 times. But they always have nice pictures.
You hit the nail on the head on that one. DM photos are probably the only nice thing about this publication. I can't count the number of times that their articles have been proven false. Don't know why they have not been sued more often for starting nasty snide rumors
Old 01-12-2015, 03:07 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

H.M.Queen Letizia will today preside over the delivery of the Third Edition of the "Telefónica Ability Awards" at the Telefónica Headquarters in Madrid.

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Entrega de la III Edición de los “Telefónica Ability Awards”

PPE

PPE Agency

Hola

http://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_esp...zia-look-lady/

Bekia

http://www.bekia.es/realeza/noticias...olitario-2015/

Tags
letizia, queen letizia, queen letizia current events, queen letizia events, spanish queen