The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 01:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noor Mariam View Post
I think it is not a question of wearing pants or dress. Today, Letizia looked very elegant wearing pants at Spanish Red Cross Anniversary, but she looked disgusting wearing pants at Iberdrola Foundation scholarships delivery.
I agreed, I would not said "disgusting" but inappropriate for a Queen in a formal presentation

Old 07-04-2014, 01:44 PM
Majesty

queen happiness: priceless! :)
funny that he confused her name (particularly since felicidad and letizia are not two words that resemble...), but i liked how letizia handled it.
the video is here, you can hear her speaking in english:

Doña Letizia, la 'Reina Felicidad': 'Me puede llamar así, ¡suena muy bien!'

what's wrong with her trousers? i liked her blue trousers at the red cross event...

but i agree on the capri pants: not fit for a queen on duty.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-04-2014, 01:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
funny that he confused her name (particularly since felicidad and letizia are not two words that resemble...), but i liked how letizia handled it.

what's wrong with her trousers? i liked her blue trousers at the red cross event...

Has anyone come across a video the Queen's full speech at the Red Cross event? Thank you

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 07-04-2014, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post

Thank you so much for posting this video! For the first time ever, I have been able to hear Queen Letizia speak in English and with that I was able to get an impression of her personality and character that I could not do when hearing her speak Spanish. I was struck by her warmth and the genuine way in which she spoke to her hosts. She reminded me a little of Maxima in her speech.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Thank you so much for posting this video! For the first time ever, I have been able to hear Queen Letizia speak in English and with that I was able to get an impression of her personality and character that I could not do when hearing her speak Spanish. I was struck by her warmth and the genuine way in which she spoke to her hosts.

Yes, seconded, that was really enjoyable to watch
Old 07-04-2014, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

PPE

PPE Agency
Old 07-04-2014, 04:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia garcia roch View Post
I agree with Noor Mariam the capri pants for Iberdrola not appropriate. She should not wear capris ever in formal presentations.
While you are absolutely correct that her capris were not appropriate for that event, that still did not make them disgusting, which means an altogether different thing.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post
Yes, seconded, that was really enjoyable to watch
She seems to have a good sense of humor.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Her reaction was priceless! Great sense of humor and a wonderful way to handle it. So much more relaxed as queen. I'm loving what I'm seeing!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Thank you so much for posting this video! For the first time ever, I have been able to hear Queen Letizia speak in English and with that I was able to get an impression of her personality and character that I could not do when hearing her speak Spanish. I was struck by her warmth and the genuine way in which she spoke to her hosts. She reminded me a little of Maxima in her speech.
Yes I agree it was a wonderful warm moment & I really like 'Queen Happiness'
Old 07-05-2014, 02:32 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Queen Letizia is mobbedat at 150th anniversary event for Spain's Red Cross | Mail Online
Old 07-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Old 07-05-2014, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Bekia

La Reina Letizia 'cambia' su nombre por el de Felicidad en el 150 aniversario de la Fundación de Cruz Roja Española - Bekia
Old 07-05-2014, 10:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Letizia, a happy woman with her new role as Queen
Letizia, una mujer feliz con su nuevo papel de Reina Revista Semana

Old 07-05-2014, 12:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Why did she look disgusting wearing pants at Iberdrola Foundation? Were her "private parts" too obviously on display, as that would be the only reason for word disgusting being used. I truly didn't notice that pants were jammed were they shouldn't have been.
Because Capri pants are good to stay at home, at garden or going on vacation in Palma but not for a oficial event. Look at the girls attending to receive scolarships, they look good for the occasion, but the Queen didn't wear in the right way.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
Her reaction was priceless! Great sense of humor and a wonderful way to handle it. So much more relaxed as queen. I'm loving what I'm seeing!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I do too. She seems so much more relaxed and looks to be enjoying what she's doing. Wonder what her aunt (who said Letizia would never come to reign) is thinking
Old 07-05-2014, 04:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
I do too. She seems so much more relaxed and looks to be enjoying what she's doing. Wonder what her aunt (who said Letizia would never come to reign) is thinking
I am sure that she will be wanting another interview soon.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
The less said about her dreadful aunt the better
Old 07-06-2014, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

The President of the Red Cross for Philippines tweeted about the "Queen Happiness" incident
Quote:
Met Queen Letizia of Spain.Made a gaff in my speech called her Felicity but she said you can call me happiness . It sounds good.
Quote:
So impressed with the Spanish folks. Even more with queen Letizia. Accessible Sincere lovely
https://twitter.com/ChairmanGordon

Old 07-06-2014, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Letizia keeps doing very well! A Queen to the core!

Tags
letizia, queen letizia, queen letizia current events, queen letizia events, spanish queen