Queen Letizia, Current Events Part 1: June 2014 - March 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the director of a spanish publication of el mundo newspaper called LOC (translated as 'the other cronicle') wrote an open letter to letizia, after a private email of hers calling the publication 's***' was intercepted:

you can read the full letter here:
Soy el jefe de "la mierda de LOC" y espero, Majestad, que siga leyéndonos | loc | EL MUNDO

and the messages from letizia that were intercepted:
Los reyes de España arroparon a López Madrid cuando estalló el escándalo de las tarjetas 'black'

and the article of LOC that made letizia write that email:
Javier López Madrid: el íntimo del Rey Felipe con tarjeta 'black' | loc | EL MUNDO

Javier López Madrid, good friend of felipe, has been accused of using a business card for private expenditures, along with 86 other people. he is also the CEO of Grupo Villar Mir, and the Prosecution asks for him a year and a half for misappropriation in the case of these 'black cards' of Caja Madrid. this issue was publisized by LOC, and letizia seems to have read it and sent a message of support to javier. her message goes something like:

"I wrote to you when the article when it came out about the cards in the LOC s*** and you know what I think Javier. We know who you are, you know who we are. We know, we love, we respect each other. the rest, 'merde' (in french). A Kiss, 'friend yogi' (miss you !!!) (in english)"

what's interesting about these messages is that felipe joins in, javier calls him 'sir' a couple of times during the conversation (despite their friendship). a wise felipe suggests 'that they need a moment to talk about this, without the conversation being through electronic or telephonic means', as if he knew their messages could be found and read by other people. he suggests meeting for lunch but javier is in san francisco, although he volunteers to come earlier if needed, to what felipe declines, mentioning it is supposed to be an informal get together.

the letter of the journalist and director of LOC ends: 'But a Queen can not stop behaving as such even a second'. indeed.

I didn't think it wa such a big deal. Letizia sounded very intimate and informar in that letters. Is this matter getting so serious in Spain right now?

It was huge on twitter. Most people mocked the message, some were angry and some defended her.
Imo she was very naive to write that, but I don't think there is more to that. Some want to portray her as if she supports corruption, but this is far fetched.

It was huge on twitter. Most people mocked the message, some were angry and some defended her.
Imo she was very naive to write that, but I don't think there is more to that. Some want to portray her as if she supports corruption, but this is far fetched.

Well, Letizia mocks the revealing newspaper LOC El Mundo as s**t for having published an article about her yoga mate accusing him of corruption. Like, we know better, to hell with the rest. Even more so as Felipe knew better and didn't participate in the chat with drastic words.
It does give the impression that different standards apply to friends (Inaki and Cristian were no friends, apparently) and that the royal house will distance themselves in public for image reasons but not in private.
http://www.euroweeklynews.com/3.0.1.../137466-spanish-queen-“to-hell-with-the-rest”

And who thinks that these days private conversations are private should ask Angela Merkel, whose emails and messages were read by the Americans for several years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom