Princess Letizia's Family, News Part 4: February 2008 - May 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And Vanitatis Paloma Barrientos talks full of hate about Princess Letizia, if Barrientos bites herself that bite is going to poison her. I wouldn't be really surprised if they have manipulated that info to make it appear bigger than it was. Leave the woman live in peace, who cares if she is in a relationship with Ferrari driver Marc Gené, but not, this kind of press in Spain is DESTRUCTIVE.

Rumour has it that Telma will get married to Jaime del Burgo (old friend of Letizia, even one of the witnesses at her wedding) on July 7th in Rome. Apparently she will be leaving her job in Barcelona and settle with Jaime in London. His family is very rich and while the father embraces Telma, the mother doesnt appreciate the union, mainly because of the media attention Telma is bringing along. Like her sister Letizia, she will get married quickly after a very short courtship.
Telma Ortiz renuncia a su cargo en el Ayuntamiento de Barcelona
Telma Ortiz no es del agrado de su suegra

According to Vanitatis, Telma and Jaime del Burgo were married secretly in Navarra on Friday. Only the members of Jaime's family were there, according to Vanitatis, Letizia, Felipe, Jesus Ortiz and Paloma Rocasolano didn't attend the wedding.
Telma Ortiz y Jaime del Burgo se casan en secreto en Navarra
Could it be true that Telma's family didn't attend?

Last edited:
The news is confirmed by the groom himself with an opinion piece in the newspaper El Mundo. It is very hard to gossip press, confirms that they will move to live in London and he will do everything legally possible to defend his wife and child from harassment by the press.

They wanted something intimate and they have succeeded. Unfortunately, to achieve, Rocasolano Ortiz family has had to give up being there. I imagine that soon they will make a celebration for family and friends, as did Jesus Ortiz.

This world is so sad. It's good that Telma and Jaime could get married secretly, but the price is quite high, when you can't celebrate with your parents and sister. Of course the gossip press follows Letizia and Felipe where ever they go, so this was the only way.

Last edited:
I hope Telma and her daughter will find peace in London and the marriage will be a happy one. London has a huge celebrity culture, if they want to, it will be an easy thing for the Spanish mags to hire some paps to picture Telma and sell the pictures in Spain (similar to the paps who do the Dutch Queen Beatrix on a regular basis when she comes to visit Friso. Nobody in Britain is interested, but the home country makes a lot of money). We'll see how it turns out.

But they usually dont follow around Paloma or Jesus, I wonder why they didnt attend either.

Ad hoc wedding to avoid the press
Una boda improvisada para evitar a la prensa

But since news of the wedding appeared, the press has followed them all. Last week the press published photos of both with the ​​granddaughter and multiple versions of where and when would be the wedding. Neither rumors nor the persecutions would end for weeks.

But since news of the wedding appeared, the press has followed them all. Last week the press published photos of both with the ​​granddaughter and multiple versions of where and when would be the wedding. Neither rumors nor the persecutions would end for weeks.

I think Jesus & Paloma were snapped by the press because they were together with Telma , who seems to be constantly monitored, in Barcelona, but not in their own right or during their everyday life in Madrid.

The monastry where Telma got married. The guy is very rich and can offer her the protection she obviously needs. Time will tell if this will be enough in the long run.
As fue la boda de Telma Ortiz y Jaime del Burgo

Telma still on crutches
http://www.diezminutos.es/design/dm_2011/images/transpa.gif

Telma & Jaime at the wedding of F&L
http://www.diezminutos.es/design/dm_2011/images/transpa.gif

Telma & Jaime up close in Aspen
http://i.imgur.com/RYV88.jpg

Paloma Rocasolano in Madrid
Getty Images - Buscar: paloma rocasolano#

Since this Jaime is a rich man, maybe they had a video connection from the wedding to Letizia's and Felipe's home, where they could watch the wedding live?

I am still stunned at the force of the media that is out there. Its not only the paps to take a picture but camera teams, sticking a microphone in her face.

Doesnt have Spain other problems than following Telma Ortiz??? I understand that she is kind of interesting but this is more than the odd picture taken.

It almost seems that the media is taking revenge on her for her lawsuit, making her life hell. We'll see if this stops in London.

Hopefully Telma will be ready to share her husbands life in the long run and he is not only her ticket to get out of here, somebody who is able to take care of her and her daughter financially & emotionally. Life in London may not be The Promised Land, there will be other downsides and possibly still the paps around, they are professional mercenaries, will work for anyone who pays (the Spanish tabloids).

... [snippped]
It almost seems that the media is taking revenge on her for her lawsuit, making her life hell. We'll see if this stops in London.
... [snipped]
Mass media is fully capable of doing that.

Last edited:
Duke, Telma never wanted to enter the Spanish press play. The reality is that while living outside Spain and visited occasionally, she dealt well with the press. But from the beginning as she was beautiful, single and sister of the Princess, the press became her in news. Weeks after her sister's wedding, the press was getting married Telma with the Prince of Monaco.

But when Erika died, later Telma return to live in Spain, and the press began to chase her being very pregnant (getting to be dangerous situations) and then her daughter was born it got worse. They issued a communicate saying that according to the protection of the law they did not want the girl to be photographed, and then they made the complaint and there was a trial. Since then, the gossip press hates Telma. No one challenged the press, and if you do they make your life impossible.

Last week there were people with cameras and microphones waiting at the door of the school of the girl. When they chase her without the child she has enough patience ... obviously when they do it in front of the girl or harassed them in the school door ... she gets angry. You see in the photos that the presence of the child, or walk with difficulty because Telma had a knee surgery does not prevent prosecution.

Duke, Telma never wanted to enter the Spanish press play.

Did she??? Then why does she sell her wedding exclusively to HOLA? And very likely her romantic trip to Aspen a few weeks ago, too.

So much for being discreet & shunning the press. It kind of makes the furious letter of Del Burgo, where he branded the yellow press as "mafia", absurd.

So press is ok, even in the most intimate moments, as long as there is money involved? Sigh, the newlyweds wont be making any friends with the Spanish media anytime soon.

Is this the true reason why Letizia & Felipe didnt attend? Because there would be a media storm if they appeard in the exclusive pictures of a bought wedding?

Boda de Telma Ortiz, exclusiva de ¡Hola! (fotos)

Last edited:
Wow, so much for being discreet & shunning the press? Telma & Del Burgo selling their wedding to Hola. It kind of makes the furious letter of Del Burgo, where he branded the yellow press as "mafia", absurd.

So press is ok, even in the most intimate moments, as long as there is money involved? Sigh, the newlyweds wont be making any friends with the Spanish media anytime soon.

Boda de Telma Ortiz, exclusiva de ¡Hola! (fotos)

This article distills poison everywhere. Telma has never sold anything and could have won a lot of money doing it, and could have won a lot of money going to parties or events, and never has. In Spain she could have lived without working perfectly, giving an interview and going to parties.

This is the tantrum as a result of Jaime del Burgo letter published in El Mundo, he has dared to attack and insult to the press, and now the press is going to squeeze every possible topic.

The theme of the wedding of Telma is being an excuse. For 8 years
Princess Letizia has been the target of the gossip press ... now that the scandal has jumped really serious, Princess Letizia has escaped the controversy. There really was a press sector, wishing to have a reason to attack her and her sister has been the way. Interestingly, in the last 8 years always that has been controversial news about a member of the Royal Family, there was always a rumor about Princess Letizia and her family that could cover it ... as they are not brave to direct the anger towards powerful, they direct it to the weak.

But this time may work for a few days, but the case Noos and Corinna are much more serious. The King must be delighted, magazines and gossip programs have stopped talking about his friend, perhaps even pictures such as that of the wedding Telma serve to destroy others ...

... it remains the fact that Telma, a women who never stopped proclaiming that she is private and wants to be left alone, appears on the cover of Hola pictured on her wedding day, and I dare say, the photographer was invited.

Why would she allow her picture of one of the most intimate moments of her life - her wedding - on the front page of a tabloid if not for money?

I fail to see another reason and it perfectly explains the absence of the Princes(s) of Asturias.

Last edited:
Duke, you want to believe that the photographer was invited, which is different. I just heard on TV, that the pictures were taken by three news agencies.

The work of the good paparazzi has always been to follow the objective discreetly and unseen. That probably they realized they were there, yes, but could do nothing.

Telma and her family have been followed in recent weeks,they have no police protection, or private or have privileges at airports. Del Burgo family is known and important in Navarra where the wedding took place. They were very controlled, and escape to that is really difficult.

Lula, its not that I want to believe that the photographer was invited, I just have difficulty to understand - why would you willingly pose for photographers outside in your wedding dress smiling & hugging in order to give them the best ankle for clear shots when you hate the media and treasure your private life? If the photographer wasnt invited, he was at least made very welcome.

If Mr & Mrs Del Burgo wanted a photographer & media free wedding I am sure they could have arranged it. In my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom