The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 03:58 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Poor Letizia's family. Why is the royal house so serious? Letizia's acts is just cancelled for tomorrow and she have to work one day after her grandmother's death? She had to work one week after her sister's death and Felipe and her had to work on their 4th wedding anniversary as well. Why doesn't the royal house give her more break? IMO family should be more important than the public acts.
The circumstances of Erika's death were much different. Nobody expects a young woman to take her own life, this was truly devastating. I believe it was Letizia's decision to come back that early and not enforced by the Royal House. Her grandmother's death however is certainly very sad and a loss for the family, it's always terrible to lose a family member, but on the other hand Enriqueta was very old, enjoyed a long lasting marriage, grand- and greatgrand children and the family can be comforted by the fact that she has been around for that long. Many people of Letizia's age don't have grandparents at all and some have already lost their parents. We are all mortal and at some point you have to kind of expect that a person will die, especially when so old, that's just the way it is, therefore I would not expect Letizia to take a longer break. My condolences to the family.

Princess Letizia Grandmother dies

Old 06-23-2008, 05:47 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Princess Letizia mourns grandmother's death

Enriqueta was 89. I especially feel for Francisco who is 90, very hard to lose the life companion at that age. I hope manages to pull through this hard time and doesn't give up.

The article says that Enriqueta had three great-grandchildren, must be at least 4 (they forgot to mention Telma's daughter Amanda).

Old 06-23-2008, 07:50 AM
Serene Highness

Article and picture from Hola of Felipe and Letizia ariving at the tanatorio:
LOS PRNCIPES DE ASTURIAS DESPIDEN A LA ABUELA MATERNA DE DOA LETIZIA, ENRIQUETA RODRGUEZ
Old 06-23-2008, 08:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos Prisma

http://www.prismanews.com/spip.php?article3318
Los Principes de Asturias acuden al Tanatorio de Madrid - Agencia Prisma
Old 06-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Princess Letizia mourns grandmother's death

Enriqueta was 89. I especially feel for Francisco who is 90, very hard to lose the life companion at that age. I hope manages to pull through this hard time and doesn't give up.
i agree, duke. letizia seemed quite calm though. she looked much more affected during her grandpa's funeral or erika's.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-23-2008, 10:30 AM
Moderator Emeritus

PPE Agency

IPA Press
Old 06-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

I feel so sorry for Letizia and her family. To lose a person you love is always hard, though it is a little easier, when the person is very old. My aunt died suddenly a month ago, and it was very difficult for me.
DiezMinutos/Muere la abuela materna de Letizia
Gala/Prinzessin Letizia: Trauer um Grossmutter

Photos:
IBL Bildbyr
IBL Bildbyr
IBL Bildbyr
IBL Bildbyr
IBL Bildbyr
Pure People/PHOTOS : Les adieux de la princesse Letizia sa grand-mre...
Getty Images
Old 06-24-2008, 09:33 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Francisco Rocasolano despues del funeral de su mujer Enriqueta Rodriguez - Agencia Prisma

Francisco Rocasolano after the funeral of his wife Enriqueta Rodriguez

They should at least respect a 90 year old man who is mourning his wife - shame on the media!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar espaol,reino de espaa, Spain
rest in peace
descanse en paz
La Monarquia

La Lengua acompa al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 06-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

ABC gallery/La Princesa da el ltimo adis a su abuela materna
Old 06-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Francisco Rocasolano despues del funeral de su mujer Enriqueta Rodriguez - Agencia Prisma

Francisco Rocasolano after the funeral of his wife Enriqueta Rodriguez

They should at least respect a 90 year old man who is mourning his wife - shame on the media!!!
yes, especially since he has always been so nice and approachable to the media, even the fact they have picked on him endlesly.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-25-2008, 10:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

DiezMinutos/Felipe y Letizia, despiden a la abuela Enriqueta
One more photo:
Lecturas
Old 07-09-2008, 07:38 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Telma & her family will go back to the Philippines to live and work in Manila.

TELMA ORTIZ REGRESAR A FILIPINAS CON SU FAMILIA
Old 07-09-2008, 07:47 AM
Serene Highness

Well, AECI's office here in the Philippines isn't actually in the city of Manila. It's located in Makati City, the country's premier business district and adjacent to Manila. (Pretty useless info, I know.)
Old 07-09-2008, 08:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Telma & her family will go back to the Philippines to live and work in Manila.

TELMA ORTIZ REGRESAR A FILIPINAS CON SU FAMILIA
I know Letizia has Felipe and her two daughters with her. However with the loss of one sister and the other moving so far away, it must be lonely at some level for her.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:43 AM
Serene Highness

I agree, it must be very sad news not only for Letizia but also for the rest of the family to have Telma move away so far again!
Old 07-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Do you suppose the reason is business or Telma wants to be left alone and live like an unknown? With no one chasing her every time she leaves her house?
Old 07-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Serene Highness

just my theory!

It could be both, with the latter weighing heavily. Since no paparazzi would bother to go here, and with our country largely ignorant about the royals except maybe the British RF, she can live a pretty quiet life here. Perhaps only those who work in the Spanish Embassy and their allied agencies as well as those who work for the Spanish NGOs here know who she really is.

On the business side, I think the AECI office here in the Philippines is their main hub of operation within the region. She has worked as consultant, so maybe that's why she was assigned to the Philippine office and not to the satellite offices somewhere else.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Courtier

I also think it's a nice place for little Amanda to grow up. She will learn English (aside from Tagalog) as it is one of the largest English-speaking countries in the world, it's a Catholic country, the customs and traditions are pretty much the same in Spain (our former colonizers).
Old 07-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Telma started working for MSF in 1998, the last 9-10 years, she spent most of her time abroad. That's probably the job she has always wanted to do, has nothing to do with her sister marrying the Prince or not. It's very sad and difficult for the family to lose Erika who seemed to spent more time with their parents or grandparents than Letizia or Telma, but each had/has its own life, can't be replaced by others, Telma should do what is best for her.

Tags
princess letizia's family