The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 05:32 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
You are doing speculations, without knows the one who is this person. I do not believe that he was a paparazzi, but assurance that in the television they had attacked her if she says something to the press.

Today I have seen in television, another terrible image, of this senseless press that exists in Spain. Thelma was in Toledo, was by night and the photographers and the television camera were following her. Really seeing it, I was afraid that at any time Thelma was stumbling and passing something worse.
I don't think that he was a paparazzi either but somebody she knew. What I don't get lula is this sentence ... but assurance that in the television they had attacked her if she says something to the press. Telma has any reason to sue or the Royal House has any reason to ask for protection and I cannot imagine that either party would be critizised for doing so. What happens at the moment is toleration of public harrassment of a private person. As much as this does not cast a positive light on the media it does not cast a positive light on the Royal House either. If they backed Telma it would mean backing Letizia, too. It somehow gives the impression that her family doesn't mean a thing to them.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
You are doing speculations, without knows the one who is this person. I do not believe that he was a paparazzi, but assurance that in the television they had attacked her if she says something to the press.

Today I have seen in television, another terrible image, of this senseless press that exists in Spain. Thelma was in Toledo, was by night and the photographers and the television camera were following her. Really seeing it, I was afraid that at any time Thelma was stumbling and passing something worse.

What do you mean that You are afraid that at any time Telma was stumbling and passing something worse.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
What do you mean that You are afraid that at any time Telma was stumbling and passing something worse.
Thelma is a pregnant woman of 8 months. If a photographer chases her focusing with a camera or a light on less than 1 meter of distance (in those images she was walking by night, in a narrow street and the photographers they were stuck to her), if photographers chase her car ... ultimately it can pass what already has happened in other occasions, falls, traffic accidents... The Spanish photographers are not calm paparazzi who do photos from a distance reasonable, often theyfollow the persons to short distance or chase their cars.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Thelma is a pregnant woman of 8 months. If a photographer chases her focusing with a camera or a light on less than 1 meter of distance (in those images she was walking by night, in a narrow street and the photographers they were stuck to her), if photographers chase her car ... ultimately it can pass what already has happened in other occasions, falls, traffic accidents... The Spanish photographers are not calm paparazzi who do photos from a distance reasonable, often theyfollow the persons to short distance or chase their cars.
Very true. It's a worrying situation for Telma .
Old 03-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Nobility

I dont get Spanish press,yes,i understand her sister is the future Queen of Spain,but,why do they follow her around?! Weird!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 04:19 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

MediumPhoto

Princess Letizia´s sister Telma Ortiz his boyfirend Enrique Martin and her mother Paloma Rocasolano in Toledo 71 km South from Madrid Spain Telma Ortiz who will give birth her first son at the end of March is spending some days with her mother and his boyfriend in Toledo Wednesday 6 Mar 2008
Old 03-09-2008, 09:55 AM
Royal Highness

I don't understand why the press feels they need to chase Telma around. She has a right to her privacy. It is Letizia who has chosen a public life not Telma.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Telma Ortiz´s boyfriend and father of her expecting baby celebrates his birthday with Telma and her mother, Paloma Rocasolano, in Toledo

PPE Agency
Old 03-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Serene Highness

^ and now they know when Enrique's birthday is? Wow, they dig really deep!
Old 03-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Royal Highness

In a post above it states Telma is expecting a son. Is this speculation or confirmed?
Old 03-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

I am more then surprised to see how much interest the press actually shows in Telma and her boyfriend.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Royal Highness

I don't think they have announced the gender. This may be a problem with translation. In Spanish, they can use the word "hijo" when someone is expecting but the gender is not known. It is like saying child.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Serene Highness

Diez Minutos has an article with some pictures of Telma with her mom in the car.

Paloma Rocasolano conoce<br>a los “suegros” de Telma

From the looks of it Telma is due any minute now. Just hope everything goes well, and the press finally starts leaving her alone
Old 03-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
In a post above it states Telma is expecting a son. Is this speculation or confirmed?
The press says that she is a girl, but, who does know?

The press has come up to the end of the irrational thing. The weekend in Toledo 8 or 10 photographers were waiting in the door of the house of the parents of Enrique. They tried to block Plaoma in order that she had difficulties to leave the house in her car. When Paloma went away and the photographers were already alone in the street, they started fighting between them.

And in addition, of it, some journalist say that everything is Thelma's fault because she does not want to appear in the photos and does not give explanations on her life.

In addition, they have commented that several thousands of Euros have paid for the firsts photos of pregnant THelma.

They are mad, and lose the sense of the reality, of what it is normal and of the minimal respect that the persons deserve.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
They are mad, and lose the sense of the reality, of what it is normal and of the minimal respect that the persons deserve.
Definitely.
It's quite a phenomenon...
I cannot remember that something like this happened to any other siblings of Royals... The press rarely shows interest in them.
So, as I said before: the press' interest in Telma's pregnancy really surprised me... in a negative way!
Poor woman.. she shold be left alone.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:44 AM
Heir Apparent

FRANCISCO, GRANDFATHER OF DOÑA Letizia, INGRESADO BY AN ISSUE OF CARDIOLOGÍA

The father of Paloma Rocasolano was transferred to hospital last night Gregorio Maranon in Madrid, according to sources close to the family

Francisco Rocasolano, maternal grandfather of Princess of Asturias, entered today morning at the hospital Gregorio Maranon in Madrid according to sources close to the family. Don Francisco was transferred to the centre, after experiencing pain in the chest. At the moment, according to our information, is under the supervision of Dr Well in Unit Coronarios, where they treat patients with heart problems. The grandfather Doña Letizia is calm and conscious, but will remain under observation the next few hours though, as apparently his condition is not serious, could be discharged soon.

FRANCISCO, ABUELO DE DOÑA LETIZIA, INGRESADO POR UN PROBLEMA DE CARDIOLOGÍA

The grandfather taxi driver Letizia might be admitted to a hospital.The mother of Doña Letizia has denied.
El abuelo taxista de Letizia podría estar ingresado en un hospital - 20minutos.es
Old 03-13-2008, 08:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia View Post
FRANCISCO, GRANDFATHER OF DOÑA Letizia, INGRESADO BY AN ISSUE OF CARDIOLOGÍA

The father of Paloma Rocasolano was transferred to hospital last night Gregorio Maranon in Madrid, according to sources close to the family

Francisco Rocasolano, maternal grandfather of Princess of Asturias, entered today morning at the hospital Gregorio Maranon in Madrid according to sources close to the family. Don Francisco was transferred to the centre, after experiencing pain in the chest. At the moment, according to our information, is under the supervision of Dr Well in Unit Coronarios, where they treat patients with heart problems. The grandfather Doña Letizia is calm and conscious, but will remain under observation the next few hours though, as apparently his condition is not serious, could be discharged soon.

FRANCISCO, ABUELO DE DOÑA LETIZIA, INGRESADO POR UN PROBLEMA DE CARDIOLOGÍA
Oh my God!! Hope everything will turn out well, and he'll be able to go home healthy again.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to the television, Francisco Rocasolano is fine and his heart problem has not been very serious, tonight or tomorrow he will leave the hospital.

There are 30 members of the press at the door of the hospital.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
According to the television, Francisco Rocasolano is fine and his heart problem has not been very serious, tonight or tomorrow he will leave the hospital.

There are 30 members of the press at the door of the hospital.
Thanks for the good new's Lula, I'm glad to hear he's alright.
Can't believe there are 30 members of the dress there
Old 03-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Princess Letizia's grandfather in heart attack scare

Good to hear that Francisco is better. Whatever will happen I think it's a gift for a person in Letizia's age to still have 2 grandmothers and 1 grandfather, with the maternal grandparents both being around 90 years of age & in good health. That's really exceptional & something to be thankful for.

Tags
princess letizia's family