The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 08:06 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Totally agree with you InfateLeonor!!

Telma Ortiz has everyday 4 or 5 paparazzi´s cars followign her wherever seems goes. It´s normal that she said STOP to the press!!!!!

Old 03-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Paloma Rocasolano celebra el cumpleaños de su padre en Madrid - Agencia Prisma

Old 03-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

They do not know what they say, Francisco Rocasolano's birthday is in July
Old 03-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
They do not know what they say, Francisco Rocasolano's birthday is in July
Really!!!!Ja,ja,ja
Old 03-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

From Hola
TELMA SE INSTALA DE NUEVO EN MADRID PARA DAR A LUZ A SU HIJA
Galerías de imágenes
Old 03-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

The press is sick ... and I say it in the worst of the senses. Cannot they leave a pregnant woman calm ? In Asturias, in Toledo, in Madrid ... go where she goes the press chases her.

They did not have sufficiently in spite of harassing Erika, in spite of judging every step of her life ... do they need that a new misfortune happens? Because as they are still like that some day will happen. It is not possible that they are chasing always to the cars, sticking cameras to their faces...

And I cannot avoid say that this says enough little of the Royal House, they have put all the possible means to defend the King or the Infanta Elena and her children, have not had problems in pressing to the press for it, but they have never moved a finger for protecting to this family. And this family is behaving in a very worthy way and with many patience, supporting many things.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

I agree lula, especially Paloma's attitude is admirable. She is always very polite and friendly despite being chased by photographers on a daily basis.
Even though the behaviour of the media is appalling it is pretty predictable. I am actually surprised that Telma exposes herself (and her partner and soon born baby) to this harrassment after all that happened to her sister(s) and choses to stay in Madrid (or Toledo which is nearby). The media attention won't go away and the pictures already reveal that Telma doesn't take this frenzy as easy as her mother, for example. I wonder what the Royal House is thinking about those unflattering pictures and why they do not interfere, Telma is nine months pregnant after all and should be left alone.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Duke, has Thelma to give up being near her family for the press? Do we live in the world upside-down? A woman who is going to take a baby as the first time wants to be with her family, with her mother. More when the family has passed for a situation like that they have passed. Let's not make not normal what is normal and logical.

The Royal House knows that if the press speaks about Letizia, her daughters or her family, the rest is not interested, not the ancient histories of the King, not even the awaited separation of Infanta Elena, they don´t have the same hearing or generate the same money.

The Ortiz-Rocasolano, would have the whole right to take legal actions against the press, because the press has exceeded more than once the limits of the legality and the elementary rights. If they do not do it it is for not causing problems to the Princess and to the Royal Household. The problem is the attitude of the Royal House before the press, the minimal thing that they should do is to demand respect for this family and to give them protection.

Thelma can dress like want, she is a person deprived in her private life. All the members of the Royal Family have photos where they are far from being perfect. For my it is not strange that a woman with an advanced pregnancy, which is resting in her garden, in a small village with few houses and few neighbors, dresses of comfortable form. The strange thing was when the Infanta Cristina walked her children in pajamas for the most expensive neighborhood of Barcelona.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Commoner

I think the behaviour of the press is despicable. Thelma is a private citizen who has not sought press attention in any way and she should be free to live anywhere she wants without anybody harassing her. Why should she hide? Why would she avoid living in Madrid or Toledo, where her family, friends and probably her doctor are? The simple reason is that there is a group of people making really good money selling these pictures. The reproach should be directed to them, not Thelma for not being dressed as a model when going about her daily life. I've seen pictures of the Infantas dressed very informally when out and about, and? I really wish they would leave the Ortiz family alone.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I am actually surprised that Telma exposes herself (and her partner and soon born baby) to this harrassment after all that happened to her sister(s) and choses to stay in Madrid (or Toledo which is nearby). The media attention won't go away and the pictures already reveal that Telma doesn't take this frenzy as easy as her mother, for example. I wonder what the Royal House is thinking about those unflattering pictures and why they do not interfere, Telma is nine months pregnant after all and should be left alone.
Telma like any private citizen is entitled to live wherever she wants, give birth wherever she wants, raise her child wherever she wants, work wherever she wants, build a family wherever she wants, etc. She should live her life and not live it for other people, in this case the despicable paparazzis and pink press. The bottom line is they should leave her alone. If you're a mother you should know that a birth of a child is an experience that you want to share with your loved ones, family and friends so it just makes sense to choose to stay in Madrid.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:29 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

There is no question that the media coverage about the private citizen Telma Ortiz is disgusting and of course her decision where to live and bring up her child should not depend on the paparazzi's behaviour. But, when looking at the past weeks and what her sister Erika had to endure, Telma can be sure that being chased will become a part of her daily life in the foreseeable future, meaning a major loss of quality of life for her. That's sad but a fact and won't go away. The question that she has to ask herself is if she wants to be annoyed every day with lots of unflattering pictures in the papers, of course always reflecting on her sister, or if she wants a life away from Madrid or even abroad and enjoy her privacy. It's really amazing that in Spain you can make your money with taking pictures of the siblings of a commoner CP who are not even involved in some scandals. That's really unique in the royal world, in a bad sense.

Quote:
lula The Ortiz-Rocasolano, would have the whole right to take legal actions against the press, because the press has exceeded more than once the limits of the legality and the elementary rights. If they do not do it it is for not causing problems to the Princess and to the Royal Household. The problem is the attitude of the Royal House before the press, the minimal thing that they should do is to demand respect for this family and to give them protection.
They are very brave indeed not to sue. I wonder when enough is enough and they will finally take action. I understand that the Royal House is worried about the consequences that might be unpleasant for them but hey, why don't they recognize the family's attitude of staying out of conflicts and do a little more to support them?
Old 03-05-2008, 07:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
She did that?? I think that even if she doesn't belong to the royal family she should know how to behave in public, her sister is going to be the next Queen of Spain and that should really mean something to her and to her family!!!! And beeing outside with her pink sleepers shoes doens't help at all What does Letizia think about this???
why react so strongly? you only saw photos and those photos don't even tell anything. just because she was photographed gesturing like she's mad doesn't mean she really was mad at that time. you weren't there.

and what does the princess have to do with all of this? Telma has her own life, she can wear whatever she wants. the slippers should be the least reason for such an issue. for crying out loud.

looking at a photo is like thinking what to say: look twice, look hard, and do not assume anything.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat View Post
why react so strongly? you only saw photos and those photos don't even tell anything. just because she was photographed gesturing like she's mad doesn't mean she really was mad at that time. you weren't there.

and what does the princess have to do with all of this? Telma has her own life, she can wear whatever she wants. the slippers should be the least reason for such an issue. for crying out loud.

looking at a photo is like thinking what to say: look twice, look hard, and do not assume anything.
Yes of course I wasn't there that's why my question was: She did that????If and only if she has done that has some here have reported I think she did not act properly. She is the sister of the future Queen of Spain and I think, IMO of course, this say it all!Yes Telmas has her own life but you came eith your family and if your sister is going to be next Queen of Spain you also need to handle that consequence IMO!!!! She should't wear that slippers outside, that is not polite either correct
Old 03-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

I read in Hola.com that it's a girl, is it true?
Old 03-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Hear, hear. The usual double standards. All we do here is judge from pictures - we are actually never there. So when we see a picture of Telma clearly losing her temper and yelling at a person it doesn't mean it's true because nobody was around in person to see what actually happened? Aha. That just makes me wonder why people are so sure that Felipe and Letizia are so much in love and have such a happy marriage - do they get their judgement from pictures or are they actually around in person to witness themselves?
Old 03-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

It seems to me that before the lack of Letizia's news there is very much boredom, and then it has to criticize her sister. Really it seems to me to be a bit sad.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
It seems to me that before the lack of Letizia's news there is very much boredom, and then it has to criticize her sister. Really it seems to me to be a bit sad.

That's an understatement.

Just because she is the sister of the future Queen of Spain doesn't mean she should be stalked by the paparazzi. Telma is a private citizen. Plain and simple. To suggest that she isn't, guilty be association, because her sister is a public figure is absolutley absurd.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Telma has been looking very sloppy lately, unkempt, more like a bag lady than the pretty lady who used to sparkle at her sisters' events.

More pics of Telma. Not sure why she felt the need to wear her purple slippers outside on the street.
MediumPhoto
She's pregnant for goodness sake, and heavily pregnant at that.

I don't think I've seen a pregnant woman receive quite so much vitriol before.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

I rather like Telma's attitude. She didn't like being stalked by the paparazzis, just told them in the face, nothing wrong. Erika was also bothered by the paparazzis a great deal, but she was always very friendly and nice, at the end didn't do herself any good.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

You are doing speculations, without knows the one who is this person. I do not believe that he was a paparazzi, but assurance that in the television they had attacked her if she says something to the press.

Today I have seen in television, another terrible image, of this senseless press that exists in Spain. Thelma was in Toledo, was by night and the photographers and the television camera were following her. Really seeing it, I was afraid that at any time Thelma was stumbling and passing something worse.

Tags
princess letizia's family