The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Paloma Rocasolano in Madrid, 25th June.
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/147...xDUvcLvg%3d%3d
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/147...OLC%2bIw%3d%3d
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/147...5pSikeUQ%3d%3d
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/147...EDQaXv1Q%3d%3d

Old 07-11-2012, 03:23 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

As suspected weeks ago, Telmas wedding happened on July 7 in Rome. The civil wedding in Leyre on May 11th was done earlier to allow time to arrange for U.S. residency.

The Asturias' family attending the Rome celebrations made frontpage news
http://www.vanitatis.com/fotos/album...652_grande.jpg
http://www.vanitatis.com/fotos/album...786_grande.jpg

Old 07-11-2012, 04:21 AM
Royal Highness

Telma Ortiz y su lujosa celebración de boda en Italia con los príncipes de Asturias
Old 07-11-2012, 04:24 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

La verdadera boda de Telma Ortiz en Roma

The wedding was held at a luxury hotel in the seventeenth century Tyrrhenian Sea, 35 kilometers from Rome. For the occasion Letizia and Felipe travelled to Italy with their daughters. The occasion brought together around 30 guests who wanted to support the new couple. The guests were dressed like any day at the beach, no frills. In the evening, the hotel held a gala dinner where Princess Letizia was seen in a short gold dress with asymmetrical neckline.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

A very familiar and relaxed celebration. Even grandparents Menchu and ​​Francisco traveled to Italy. I think are the most familiar, simple and beautiful photos of the Asturias, we've seen.

Photos diezminutos

Foro Hispanico de Opiniones sobre la Realeza: Fotos

http://members5.boardhost.com/Infant...342007168.html
Old 07-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you, Lula. The pictures are really beautiful. Letizia and Felipe look happy and relax.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

The pictures on Myroyalsblogspot.

MYROYALS: THE PR
Old 07-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Beautiful pictures, thank you everyone!
The pictures the Asturias family are very sweet; while part of me wishes they remained private (it was a family event, after all), I'm also glad we got to see them.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Royal Highness

EL PROGRAMA DE ANA ROSA | corazón - Las imágenes inéditas de los Príncipes de Asturias en la boda de Telma Ortiz en Roma - Noticias
Old 07-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Courtier

telma's daughter looks like sofia
Old 07-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Nothing strange, the girls are first cousins.
You know how Caroline Kennedy and Maria Shriver look, do you? Like twins!
Old 07-13-2012, 04:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos diezminutos

Felipe y Letizia, en la verdadera boda de Telma - Familia Real Española - Familia Real - Revista de corazón, prensa rosa y famosos - Diez Minutos
Old 07-14-2012, 07:07 AM
Courtier

poor Leonor, she was crying!!
Old 07-14-2012, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Beautiful pictures, thank you everyone!
The pictures the Asturias family are very sweet; while part of me wishes they remained private (it was a family event, after all), I'm also glad we got to see them.
I agree with you Artemisia.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:49 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Jaime del Burgo writes another flaming letter
Jaime del Burgo, el marido de Telma Ortiz, arremete contra Telecinco y Vasile

I'm getting strange vibes from him and this marriage. I hope they move on to New York soon and are never heard of again in the media. Isnt this what they have always wanted?
Old 07-15-2012, 03:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Duke, the case is more complicated. Telma has been a victim of an illegal espionage plot being investigated, the press has paid for her private data. What Jaime wrote in his first letter and that shocked and offended some "journalists" has been confirmed later by police. Now they are waiting for the police to find out who made ​​the request, and then take legal action.

They suspect that the exclusive photos of recent weeks have not been obtained by the smart work of photographers, but there could be something else behind. As in the previous occasion, if he writes what he writes is because he knows something, so we just have to wait.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:58 AM
Nobility

"I'm getting strange vibes from him and this marriage. I hope they move on to New York soon and are never heard of again in the media. Isnt this what they have always wanted?"

What do you mean by "strange vibes for this marriage"? Frankly, their marriage is none of our business - and yes, that's what Telma, and now Jaime as well, want.

Telma never wanted to be a public figure - she's been fighting the relentless intromission of the press in Spain in her private life forever. She is NOT the Crown Princess, her sister is. She, and her daughter, have the right to be private, normal citizens because that's who they are, and CHOSE to be.

I think most posters on this thread are well aware the pictures were obtained without their permission, and why it was wished the pictures could have remained private. As Lula said, Telma has been a victim to illegal espionage, which investigation by police is going on in Spain right now. It kind of reminds me of the hack phone scandal in the UK and how it all started.

It's early days, and we need to wait - but bravo to Jaime del Burgo for protecting his family, wife and new daughter.

El Pais has been running the story on the data espionage for the past two days.

La red de tráfico de datos mantenía estrechos contactos con agentes del CNI | Política | EL PAÍS
Espionaje en masa | Opinión | EL PAÍS
Espionaje
“Isabel, necesito un mes de movimientos de una cuenta del BBVA. Dame precio” | PolÃ*tica | EL PAÍS
Jordi, el detective y falso doctor | Política | EL PAÍS
Old 07-15-2012, 06:22 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

99% of those pictures taken in Italy somehow include the Asturias family, so its not about del Burgo or Telma alone.
If he goes outside to take a stroll on the beach holding Leonor's hand, well, its naive to believe there is no photographer to take pictures and that these pictures will be printed. In terms of privacy, there is none when showing up in public with public figures, even when private persons are involved. I dont say its good or bad, its the way it is.

I've read about those stories of data theft and its wrong, I hope those who are responsible will be fined. However, its nothing new, I remember that the press used criminal methods to get hold of Mette Marit of Norway's whereabouts when she was still Haakon's girlfriend.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:47 AM
Nobility

99.99% of the photographs are taken inside - a place Jaime de Burgo paid of his own pocket for his wedding. His privacy is protected in Spain, independently where the pictures were taken. If the beach is part of the package he paid for, those pictures are also illegal.

You may dismiss a criminal investigation into the hacking and selling of personal information as "being the way it is" - I don't. This has serious ramifications involving all our lives and our right to privacy.

What happened in Norway is regrettable but I don’t have enough information to comment on, or wish to. Nor is my country. Spain is.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Jaime del Burgo writes another flaming letter
Jaime del Burgo, el marido de Telma Ortiz, arremete contra Telecinco y Vasile

I'm getting strange vibes from him and this marriage. I hope they move on to New York soon and are never heard of again in the media. Isnt this what they have always wanted?
duke - Forgive me, but I do not understand your issues are with Telma and her suitors. Perhaps I am dense, or I am missing something.

From what I know, Telma has been hounded by the press since day one, and she has taken often extreme steps to stay out of the way. If she was truly a limelight loving gold-digger, she would have led a different live post Letizia's marriage.

Instead, she stayed overseas doing her usual work, got a normal boy-friend from her professional circle, came home to start putting roots and have a family, tried desperately to not be in the papers.

And how was she rewarded? Journalists almost ran her down in heavily pregnant state 24x7 with no privacy at all, with all sorts of salacious rumor mongering. When her boy-friend had enough and launched the lawsuit, instead of sympathizing with their case, many amongst us turned against them. It was horrid.

I remember seeing a picture where Telma's boyfriend had put cardboards on his car window, had Telma sit in the back with their newborn baby, and bring their baby home from the hospital, at night, through the backdoor. Inspite of this, they still got photographed, and then sneered upon.

What had Telma done up to that point to merit this behavior by both the press, and we, the general public?

It was post Amanda's birth that the alwsuit was launched. Can we blame the boyfriend for wanting to protect his family? No wonder he cracked and Telma was left to pick the pieces of her life.

and now the same thing is happening again.....and we again, from our ivory towers, are ill-judging them, all because they are trying to protect their privacy.

A negative connotation is put on every single incident, every single picture. It is as if a narrative as been established - Telma is a promiscuous gold-digger, a media whore. Thus no matter what the reality is, the narrative is reinforced. this is grossly unfair.

What happens when Telma and her husband come back after a coupel of years in NY? Will all hell break loose again? Why must she be repeatedly run out of her own country to lead a normal life?

If Thelma really wanted the spotlight, she would have led a very different life.

Tags
princess letizia's family