Princess Letizia's Family, News Part 4: February 2008 - May 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duke, have you seen the photographies? I have the magazine in the hand, in the photos the couple appears saying goodbye of the monks of the monastery. The photos are taken distantly, and in none it seems that they look at the camera or are conscious that there is a photographer.

Hola is happy because they will sell many magazines, but the gossip press is putting a story out of sheer desire for revenge. Actually in the magazine there are other "royal" photos that are more suspected of being "allowed".

Well, I just can see the picture of the front page - I don´t find others, if there are how do I get to see them?

If it´s just the cover - to me it looks like taken from far - a close picture would have been much clearer.

By all means, as far as I know Ms. Ortiz never asked for the press so its increadible what they do. And if this marriage is a love-match or not is their business and thats it

Duke, have you seen the photographies? I have the magazine in the hand, in the photos the couple appears saying goodbye of the monks of the monastery. The photos are taken distantly, and in none it seems that they look at the camera or are conscious that there is a photographer.

Hola is happy because they will sell many magazines, but the gossip press is putting a story out of sheer desire for revenge. Actually in the magazine there are other "royal" photos that are more suspected of being "allowed".

Yes, I've seen the pictures. I would understand if Telma was a woman who didnt care about the press, like Paloma, endure them, get on with her business. But how can Telma not expect photographers, after all what happended and being monitored on a regular basis. And especially after the open letter of her new husband. She is certainly not that stupid or naive.

If her aim was to outwit the press regarding her wedding, she has failed to do so what is hard to understand.

I simply dont buy the change of mind from fierce condemnation and protection of privacy to not expecting photographers and happily posing outside the monastry.

These pictures are worth a lot of money, why doing the so loathed press such a favour?

Lula, its not that I want to believe that the photographer was invited, I just have difficulty to understand - why would you willingly pose for photographers outside in your wedding dress smiling & hugging in order to give them the best ankle for clear shots when you hate the media and treasure your private life? If the photographer wasnt invited, he was at least made very welcome.

If Mr & Mrs Del Burgo wanted a photographer & media free wedding I am sure they could have arranged it. In my opinion.

Duke, I repeat, have you seen the pictures? Because all I see is two people saying goodbye to a monks in some pictures taken at a distance. The bride and groom don´t touch in the photos, there are mores of Telma alone or with the monks, than with her husband.

They did their best to have a quiet wedding, if at the end a photograph (of the many who have chased you for weeks) have managed to take 6 pictures, bad luck.

Last edited:
I have not seen the photos so I shoudn`t comment, but if what you say is true, it can hardly be called "exclusive". Just photos taken at a public place everyone can access. Telma couldn`t have prevented it, if it was a public place.

The word "exclusive" is used because the only magazine that has bought the photographs and published them is Hola.

The photos were made ​​by some of the photographers who have followed Telma in recent weeks. The photos are of the farewell, when the wedding had ended and they had already lunch. The photographers had several hours to arrive to Leyre.

Keep in mind that not only Telma is the known. Jaime's father was an important political and was president of Navarra region, all the people there know him.

If Mr & Mrs Del Burgo wanted a photographer & media free wedding I am sure they could have arranged it. In my opinion.

Of course they could, but they did this religious wedding to please Jaime's parents who are rooted in Navarre, very religious. There was one picture in Hola showing very smiling Telma's MIL. Jaime is from a very influential, rich and Catholic family, Telma might not be his mom's ideal DIL, but there is always room to improve the relation by showing mutual respect to each other IMO.

I have to confess that I have never felt a lot of sympathy to Telma Ortiz. I really have never understood her attitude: she pretends to hate her "status" of being famous but she has always taken profit from it. She got her job in the city council of Barcelona because of who her sister is and because her personal relationship by then with a member of the former goverment of the city council. She is always very unpolite with the press who accuse her to taking profits of who her sister is. She wants to enjoy of having the benefits of her sister being the princess of Asturias but she doesn't want to deal with the bad consequences of it...Take it or leave it, I think!
Have you ever heard about Iñaki's or Jaime's sisters? No! They never wanted to be in the spotlight. Telma liked it in the beginning and then, she changed her mind, but she still takes profit of it... What it is said in Barcelona is that the job she was making was specially created for her and she earned a lot of money... If you take the profits, then accept the consequences!

Kleio, the sister of the Princess got a job in the city of Barcelona, ​​positions of trust like that all the days are created in many public institutions ... the press writes a lot of gossip, but I have never seen a reliable data showing that she did not get that job for her merit and only got it as "sister of". Actually with her contacts, if she wanted to use them, she have managed to get a job with much better pay.

If the infantas are working as directors on two foundations, with positions and receiving salaries of several thousand euros a month, is because they are infantas. Infanta Elena works in Mapfre because she had to find a job that after divorce would enable her to continue leading the same lifestyle. The same Iñaki Urdangarin and Jaime de Marichalar. Or Simoneta and her work in Cartier. They are infinitely better paid, and not because they have done brilliant university career or have a impressive resume before reaching them. Telma had at least a university degree, spoke several languages and had extensive experience in cooperation.

On the other hand, the press has never treated the princess and her family, like the sons-in-law of the king and their family because they have always been considered rather irrelevant. Only in recent weeks, after the scandal, they have followed Inaki´s mother and sister.

Telma never sought the limelight in the press. Neither the parents nor the sister of the princess wanted to have a public life, or were devoted to attending several parties and events (as the nephews of the King or the brother of Jaime). Obviously at first they were educated with the press, but what is normal at first is not normal to become harassment for 8 years.

The press is always looking for reasons to defend the indefensible, and to justify their business, because ultimately this is a million business to be fed.

Hola magazine has paid the agencies for the wedding photos of Telma, the money that Telma have earned in two or three years of work. Where is the justice in that?

She will have more peace in New York than London. But London is much more convenient to visit the family in Madrid and vice versa.

Jaime del Burgo, the husband of Telma Ortiz, becomes a film producer
Jaime del Burgo, el marido de Telma Ortiz, se mete a productor de cine

This is the house in which Telma Ortiz and her husband, Jaime del Burgo, seem to be interested and where they could live from September onwards:
Worth around 8 million euros located in the exclusive Upper East Side. It has five floors, 7 rooms, four lounges and even a sauna in one of the eleven bathrooms of the house.
Telma Ortiz, en Nueva York

This is the house in which Telma Ortiz and her husband, Jaime del Burgo, seem to be interested and where they could live from September onwards:
Worth around 8 million euros located in the exclusive Upper East Side. It has five floors, 7 rooms, four lounges and even a sauna in one of the eleven bathrooms of the house.
Telma Ortiz, en Nueva York
Good for them, if they can afford it. Close to everything. Proper stores, Broadway and wonderful resturants.

La verdadera boda de Telma Ortiz en Roma

The wedding was held at a luxury hotel in the seventeenth century Tyrrhenian Sea, 35 kilometers from Rome. For the occasion Letizia and Felipe travelled to Italy with their daughters. The occasion brought together around 30 guests who wanted to support the new couple. The guests were dressed like any day at the beach, no frills. In the evening, the hotel held a gala dinner where Princess Letizia was seen in a short gold dress with asymmetrical neckline.

Thank you, Lula. The pictures are really beautiful. Letizia and Felipe look happy and relax.

Beautiful pictures, thank you everyone! :flowers:
The pictures the Asturias family are very sweet; while part of me wishes they remained private (it was a family event, after all), I'm also glad we got to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom