The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I wonder why we don't see other siblings in the media every day, Letizia's father or mother who have jobs, even some Heads of State's spouses lead a normal working life away from the limelight, no problem. Maybe that's because they play the "private citizen" card once and stick with it. You can't have both - if people don't want the limelight they should stay away but not try to dictate the media their own likings.
You meant the siblings of Jaime and Inaki ? Spanish media has never been that interested at Jaime or Inaki themselves, let alone their parents or siblings. Paloma had been stalked almost daily before Telma's lawsuit, Erika was about the same, even the day she died, there were a couple of photographers stationed outside her flat, they even went to the TV to be interviewed afterwards. Let's hope the press leaves Telma alone after things calm down a bit as they do with her mom after the lawsuit. Even the 'worst' British paparazzis knew to leave the Spencer family alone, not stalking Diana's mom or siblings for no reason.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
oddly enough, this particular job is a public job, representing the city of barcelona what requires being out and about there in the media / working with the media / being seen. i wonder how that goes with requesting the media must not take any pictures or do any coverage . plus, her salary is paid by the taxpayer what gives people the right to have an opinion. this "career move" is as ill-conceived as her lawsuit. Telma's decision was bound to create polemic, and i am not even going down the "tailormade" issue in this difficult economic climate.

I wonder why we don't see other siblings in the media every day, Letizia's father or mother who have jobs, even some Heads of State's spouses lead a normal working life away from the limelight, no problem. Maybe that's because they play the "private citizen" card once and stick with it. You can't have both - if people don't want the limelight they should stay away but not try to dictate the media their own likings.

1. Do all government employees get harassed? their lives put under microscope? Taxpayers fund their salaries too. A alot of them have very powerful jobs that impact lives of millions.

2a. What does the lawsuit she filed and lost have to do with her new job and pictures that would be taken of her in a professional capacity at a public event - like any other professional with a similar job?

2b. What double standards? (i.e. your comment about photograph me when I say but not when I say don't) Does this mean that anyone who is in a profession where he/she may be photographed at a public event, will lose all rights to privacy and can be hounded to death? e.g. Telma's peer (the 2nd assistant mentioned on the previous page) ...or... her boss - they would also be attending any public events they organize for city of Barcelona. Do they loose all rights to privacy too because they were photographed at a public event?

3. Can you honestly tell me that if she had taken some other job there would not have been the same harassment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i was watching a news talkshow today in which they talked about several issues (the global economy, unemployment, etc) and they mentioned (quite briefly because of unknown causes) the fact that thelma had a tailor-made job in barcelona.

i couldn't help thinking that she herself was the one who decided to embark in that lawsuit when she had her baby to ask for more privacy and intimacy for her and her family. i find it rather odd that she can benefit from a job created just for herself in the city she wants to settle and particularly now in such harsh economic climate (where thousands of spanish people are unemployed) because of being the princesses sister and then complain about the lack of privacy. either one or the other - you can't have both.
1. So the logic goes that if others are unemployed, no one can get employment, especiallly Telma? People are loosing jobs but are we saying that ZERO new jobs are being created ...and... if she got one on her merit, she should reject it and go on unemployment?

2. Was this job was an elaborate ruse by Royal Family to get employment for Telma? What about her boss and her peer (as I understand this is a new team that was created and Telma is just one of 2 assistants). It must have been quite a coup behind the scenes to get a city government to create a whole new team, a biz agenda just for Telma.

2. IF the royal family was going to go thru so much trouble for Telma, would it not have been simpler to get her employed in private industry thru their connections (with more pay, less scrutiny and the BS'ing that goes in the press)? Wouldn't this option have been much better?

3. If she had done that, would the press still not have complained and made spurious, offensive allegations like they did with Erika?

4. What about the emotional and financial toll on her and her partner when they were HOUNDED out of Spain for no crime at all ....other than to settle in their own country and start a family? Telma had done nothing other than reaching a stage in life where she wanted to put down roots and have a family. Why was the press hounding her then?

5. Some of the very same people who are raising hue and cry now were throwing mud at Telma during her final days of pregnancy and after birth then ...complaining that she is unemployed. How is she supporting herself? How dare she be without a job? This when she had just given birth.

A sense of perspective and I will now add - HUMANITY - has been lost by certain section of media and people themselves.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:12 PM
Aristocracy

My 2c on Telma getting a job in City Government (just my reading of the situation)

Did the City Government create a position for Telma ? - No

Given the accountability that is demanded of government and the press scrutiny that Telma would invite into City Government's affairs - I do not think any politician / city councilor would do that. Much easier to do that in private sector.

Did Telma come to know about this job from Leti's connections thru Cristina or Telma's own connections with Barcelona - Maybe.

Would hiring Telma be a act of culling favor from Royal family by City Government? - No
Telma comes with a lot of BAGGAGE. Hiring her must not have been an easy decision. Why? Because press is going to be watching her, her team and the related affairs of the government like a hawk. Who wants to be in such a straight jacket, have their actions examined minutely and spun, often negatively?

When the hiring committee was doing pros/cons analysis - given the heavy cons, Telma's pros (i.e. her work experience, her connections in Asia, her organizational/leadership qualities, her personality, how her view were aligned with that of her team's and the goals of the city government etc) must have been strong indeed to tilt the balance in her favor.

Another point I would like to make - it would be much easier to believe that the City Government was taking advantage of Telma's connection with Leti if she had been appointed to an area where she had little experience in, but the Spanish Royals were very popular and be known by general public. For example - Latin America.
Just having Telma on the team making calls would have opened some doors easier for the city government to make its pitch.

But the fact that she has been appointed to an area (Asia) where she has deep expertise in ...but where Spanish Royals are more of an unknown quantity, makes me believe that this hiring decision was a straight-forward hire. People found her qualified, she gelled with the team and both parties believed in the biz goal they were setting out to accomplish
Old 09-16-2009, 05:50 AM
Heir Apparent

It's amazing how people are so quick to assume that Telma must be inexperienced or unsuited for the position. She's spent the last few years working for an NGO in the Philippines, one of the countries this new job will be attemtping to appeal to from what I understand.

Most Government positions like the one Telma has taken in Barcelona usually require candiates to have experience of working abroad.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

The press said that Telma met her new boss at a training course in Barcelona in May-June (post 175 by LadyFinn) and he offered her the job. It's a very normal job for a person with a degree in economics and more than 10 years working experience with MCS and international Corporation, the salary is nothing close to the high paying job Elena or Inaki holds now. The jealousy and whinning have truely been over the border line.
jjkg, I agree with you that it's more like Barcelona city councils wanting to take advantage of Telma. A pretty sister of Spain's future queen is a PR dream abroad.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Courtier

A mid-level government job does not pay a lot of money. If Telma is taking advantage of her connection, she would have taken a high paying job in the private sector. Moreover, one has to meet minimum requirements for the position to get a government job. It seems to me she has worked in mostly non-profit organizations and she wants to stay in public service.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Courtier

Diez Minutos.es has a photogallery of -"Telma Ortiz busca guardería en Barcelona."
Old 09-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Semana - Telma Ortiz, paseo en familia.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:55 AM
Heir Apparent

an article regarding henar ortiz's idea to seel condoms at the art gallery of tita cervera, baroness thyssen.

La idea erótica de la tía de Letizia | Gentes | elmundo.es
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-29-2009, 09:40 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Princess Letizia's cousin David Enrique Rocasolano Lláser is involved in a corruption case.
A la princesa Letizia le sale un primo rana
Old 11-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

A few pics of Telma and her daughter Amanda in Barcelona, November 13 2009.
Letizia d'Espagne : sa petite soeur est tout aussi charmante qu'elle !
Old 12-05-2009, 04:41 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the gallery. Little Amanda looks like her dad.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Telma & partner & friends at Madrid airport
Telma Ortiz y su novio, vacaciones sin su hija - Noticias Famosos - Noticias de Famosos, Ultimos Cotilleos - QUE ME DICES!
Old 01-19-2010, 06:37 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Paloma Rocasolano, shopping in Madrid
Paloma Rocasolano, tarde de rebajas |Noticias hola.com
Old 02-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Telma Ortiz, en patines por Barcelona - Famosos Españoles - Diez Minutos
Old 02-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Nobility

lovely picture
http://img.trendencias.com/2008/10/l..._principe1.jpg
Old 02-20-2010, 12:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
The Ortiz sisters have such a wonderful body. Their bodies returned to normal after giving birth.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

The grandmother of Letizia, Menchu de Valle, at Women´s Day:
La Nueva España - Menchu del Valle: «El éxito de este día es la unión de todos»
Manos curtidas - Contraportada - LaVozdeAsturias
Old 03-19-2010, 12:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Telma Ortiz participated on the 17th March in an event at the City Hall together with the major, Jordi Hereu, to launch the image of Barcelona in the upcoming Universal Exhibition of Shangai.
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
Old 03-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Nobility

ske look older than letizia

Tags
princess letizia's family