Princess Letizia's Family, News Part 3: September 2007 - February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you Mari * , That is really offensive and of course that says A LOT of what kind of person you are...

I don't see anything offensive or harsh. Crisiñaki is just telling us what people in Spain say about people in general who go from rags to riches. I don't believe she is calling this lady anything. IMO there is more name calling that is quite offensive in this forum. Let's have fun and enjoy the posts! Cheers!

thanks Rox for your support and understanding!:flowers:

I think my point didn't come across very well :ermm: :

1. Henar is obviously living her 15 minutes of fame and it's all about her being the aunt of the Princess, whether is intentional or not, that's a different matter whatsoever, the point is: she is where she is because of her family connections, just like every other person in the planet has done;)

2. the "piojo resucitado" comment came from a conversation I had with some friends and family from Spain, that's the word I've heard on the street, because of her sudden rise to "designer stardom" so to speak (where's your sense of humor people? people like to make fun of others, just like we make fun of the rest of the SRF and their extended families sometimes;), how do you say golddigger in euskera? Answer: Urdangarin, etc, etc, etc)

3. She's a public person by family association, so I guess she can be discussed over, I however am not a public person, so discussion about me is not included in the package guys;)

Last edited:
Vanitatis.com - Leonor, en el cumple de Carla

Leonor, in the birthday of Carla

Last October 11, the Infanta came again to the appointment with her cousin, only that in the domicile where there resides her grandfather Jesus Ortiz with his wife Ana Togores. Leonor came to the party passed the six of the evening and with the gift in the hand for Carla, who invited to all her class. The guests' "little house" of the urbanization where her grandfather resides turned into an infantile party with hostesses, "chuches", cake and surprises for the children.

To half of the party appeared the very same Princess of Asturias to congratulate her only niece and minutes later did it the Prince Don Felipe, who enjoyed as a child seeing how his little one was passing it. It was a family meeting of the Ortiz, with Antonio Vigo to the front, and with the only desire of which the little Carla had her party of birthday as happy as possible.

By the way, where is Paloma? She used to be around the PoAA in previous years and I certainly had expected to see her when Letizia was honoured on Wednesday.

Paloma Rocasolano only was last year in the ceremony. The only one that has been every year is Menchu, the parents of the Princess they have been alternated, one year Jesus other Paloma.

Paloma Rocasolano only was last year in the ceremony. The only one that has been every year is Menchu, the parents of the Princess they have been alternated, one year Jesus other Paloma.

Thanks. Strange that none of Letizia's parents was present on Wednesday. Maybe we'll see one of them today.

2. the "piojo resucitado" comment came from a conversation I had with some friends and family from Spain, that's the word I've heard on the street, because of her sudden rise to "designer stardom" so to speak (where's your sense of humor people? people like to make fun of others, just like we make fun of the rest of the SRF and their extended families sometimes;), how do you say golddigger in euskera? Answer: Urdangarin, etc, etc, etc)

the thing is, you were the only one who had that back-story. since you did not elaborate on that on your first post, many people who are also familiar with the term but in its negative context reacted very differently. the same goes with the Urdangarin joke; i don't remember if that's been shared here, in this forum.

i know we all have little jokes and comments, but i think it will really help if we include the back-story if we want to share the joke. it may take the funny element out of the joke but that would be much better to do than spark an misunderstanding instead.

Last edited:

OMG. Henar manages to get a 2 or 3 pager in Hola and shows up for the photoshoot in some old grey nightgown? That's what I call a successful self promotion :rolleyes:
Hola must be quite desperate for stories related to Letizia if they do a homestory with a wannabe designer like Henar. Maybe Alonso Guerrero will be next in line, promoting his new book.

Hola must be quite desperate for stories related to Letizia if they do a homestory with a wannabe designer like Henar. .

Yes:lol:, the magazines need material of the Princess or of any thing related to she .... it is what gives them money. In the same way as in the yellow programs of television or that some persons in the forums need material to criticize her.

Also it is curious the importance give to this lady who finally promotes her work, and only she speaks about her designs;the same press that promotes her is that the critique, business is business. And nevertheless scarcely are commented more scandalous topics of persons much nearer to the Royal Family. I have surprised that this information has come to the forum in less than one hour (I say it for the tv programme), and nevertheless to there be no well-read commentaries on the scandalous numbers that Marichalar receives for being a counselor of multiple companies, at which he would not be employed but he was a husband of an Infanta .... and the same thing applicable to Urdangarín. It is more serious and open to criticism because they enjoy the privileges of belonging to the Royal Family.

I believe that Henar Ortiz is only an anecdote, a lady who does a work and who has found a form to improve herself, and she does it speaking about her work and without speaking about anybody. I believe that it is an easy aim for the critique, and that in the environment of the Royal Family there are persons who do more lucrative business but speak abot them don´t provides money.

i find it way too much. she already posed for 3 hola issues and i don't think that's appropriate. i could pass one, if it was a mistake and she realised it, but she doesn't seem to have. i feel sorry for letizia.

Letizia may not be my favourite person in the whole world, but I feel sorry for her, her family is taking advantage of her role as Princess of Asturias and that's simply sad

One question lula: do you put Jaime and Iñaki in the same ground as Henar? have you ever heard about Jaime's family or Iñaki's family taking advantage of their marriages? I don't think so :rolleyes:

Their families have been as discreet as possible, with the exception of Álvaro de Marichalar, but he has done his own thing all along even before Jaime's marriage

She has posed for Hola, for Elle, has talked in TV shows, what's next? Henar in a reality show? :eek:

Henar had a little stand in Cangas and now she has a store on the best zone of Oviedo and suddenly people discovered her huge talent? :cool:

Letizia may not be my favourite person in the whole world, but I feel sorry for her, her family is taking advantage of her role as Princess of Asturias and that's simply sad

One question lula: do you put Jaime and Iñaki in the same ground as Henar? have you ever heard about Jaime's family or Iñaki's family taking advantage of their marriages? I don't think so :rolleyes:

Their families have been as discreet as possible, with the exception of Álvaro de Marichalar, but he has done his own thing all along even before Jaime's marriage

She has posed for Hola, for Elle, has talked in TV shows, what's next? Henar in a reality show? :eek:

Henar had a little stand in Cangas and now she has a store on the best zone of Oviedo and suddenly people discovered her huge talent? :cool:

That I remember, Henar has never gone to a television, that the press chased her is another thing. And when she has appeared in these magazines she has talked exclusively of her work. Evidently it is known for being a family of the one who is. But it is what interests wing presses, the majority of those who appear they are children of, couples of, boy/girlfriends of.... For my while the people do the things with dignity and respect, there is no problem.

There are own Jaime and Iñaki, which have taken advantage of being sons-in-law of the King to do business millionaires. If they had not married the Infantas they neither would have the works that have, nor would earn the money that they earn. Because there have been several polemics in the matter. They form a part of the Royal Family, and are the members of the Royal Family those who must be more responsible, because they enjoy a few privileges and have a few obligations.

Of their families it is known little, because they have never been interested, they have never been harassed all the days since it has been harassed to the family of the Princess (Or now you will say that they appear in the press because they want), like Jaime and Iñaki interest enough little to the press in comparison with the Princess.

The most media is Alvaro, the brother of Jaime, grants many interviews, has gone to several televisions, has faced the press .... worse enough than Henar. The sister of Jaime, Ana, appeared in all the magazines when they inaugurated the shop of Blanhik's shoes. His brother Amalio is employed at the topic of the sustainable development, and has organized forums on the topic at that the Dukes of Lugo have presided.

Iñaki's family, does not live in Madrid, is more isolated from the maelstrom, but if the Royal Family goes to some act in the Basque Country it is not strange that any Urdangarín appears. In one of the last trips of the princes, the brother of Iñaki was present in the lunch. Surely, at the social level in their locality also they have been benefited.

They all have been of benefit more or less, because of being totally unknown they have passed to be known, and it is irremediable that the status changes. But there are persons who have more responsibility that different, and the aunt of Letizia, is not anybody, for promoting her designs and having her shop do not damage to anybody. Less when there are others that are gained million Euros for belonging to the Royal Family or be near.

Henar is a desginer now, promotion is part of the job description. Other designers also gave interviews, posed for magazines to promote their products through the connections they could find. If Henar had worked for Red Cross (as Telma) and posed for magazines left and right, then it would be totally wrong since it was not job related.
Jaime's sister Ana is co-owner of Blanhik's shoe store. Obviously she and Jaime got the license through the royal connection.

a designer? she did ceramic stuff in her stand in Congas and now she's Balenciaga's reincarnation? :rolleyes: :cool: :lol:

No one here is attacking Letizia, I may not like her, but I think she's innocent of her family's behavior, specially Henar's who is taking full advantage of her niece's position which doesn't help the RF at all

I think if Jaime and Iñaki wouldn't have gotten all those business, they would have been skinned alive for being kept:cool:

Henar was the one who got a extreme makeover, a brand new store in the best part of Oviedo and many other things

She shouldn't be so flamboyant about it, not going into magazines and stuff like that

if her brand is so awesome, then make publicity of the brand, not about herself, she's a bit full of it

I feel bad about Letizia, because her family is using all the advantages and all the blame is left for her, and that's not fair, I guess she's the less interested in these kind of business

I feel bad about Letizia, because her family is using all the advantages and all the blame is left for her, and that's not fair, I guess she's the less interested in these kind of business

Her family ? Except for her aunt, I only heard Erika and Paloma changing jobs, but only ordinary jobs as a graphic designer (Erika) or arranging travels for the nurses (Paloma). Changing jobs happened to every single working person all the time. I doubt the members of Inaki's family or Jaime's family had never changed jobs after Inaki or Jaime married the Infantas (nothing out of ordinary for changing jobs), they haven't been on the news, that's all.
Henar is a designer now, whether she is successful or not, that's another story, but there are Italian companies that are willing to cooperate with her (didn't she have a fashion show in Florence before).

Last edited:

Just because you haven't heard stories doesn't mean that they have been whiter than white. There has been less written about both familes to begin with and they are not as "interesting" to the press imo.

As an outsider looking in it seems to me that certain elements of the Spanish media will not be satisfied until Letizia is no longer a member of the RF. They seems determined to go to any extreme length to criticise Letizia, even condeming her for the actions of others.

I wouldn't blame Letizia, what her family does isn't really her fault; but Henar should think twice before going all public on her niece, I think she should have been more discrete :cool:

Iñaki's siblings never changed their line of work after his marriage to Cristina, one of his sisters is even a successful surgeon in USA and they never go into the media, if they are invited to acts on the Basque country is a "family" courtesy or sometimes they are involved in the place where the RF is going to go, like his brother Mikel who works at Deusto University in Vitoria

This ain't Letizia's problem but her family has to think more about her and her position, because there can be very bad effects of their behavior, Letizia is consider the "weakest link" because she's the newest addition to the family and in the monarchy structure she is the most relevant, so media is bound to "feast" more on her and her "commoner" family (Jaime's family is aristocratic and Iñaki's mother comes from a noble family of Belgium)

Letizia can be a media darling or the media's scapegoat and like I said, her family isn't helping matters behaving like that, she's bound to be news wherever she goes and her family is a big part of her life and it's quite a pity they are putting themselves ahead of her like that :neutral:

Last edited:
I wouldn't blame Letizia, what her family does isn't really her fault; but Henar should think twice before going all public on her niece, I think she should have been more discrete :cool:

Iñaki's siblings never changed their line of work after his marriage to Cristina, one of his sisters is even a successful surgeon in USA and they never go into the media, if they are invited to acts on the Basque country is a "family" courtesy or sometimes they are involved in the place where the RF is going to go, like his brother Mikel who works at Deusto University in Vitoria

This ain't Letizia's problem but her family has to think more about her and her position, because there can be very bad effects of their behavior, Letizia is consider the "weakest link" because she's the newest addition to the family and in the monarchy structure she is the most relevant, so media is bound to "feast" more on her and her "commoner" family (Jaime's family is aristocratic and Iñaki's mother comes from a noble family of Belgium)

Letizia can be a media darling or the media's scapegoat and like I said, her family isn't helping matters behaving like that, she's bound to be news wherever she goes and her family is a big part of her life and it's quite a pity they are putting themselves ahead of her like that :neutral:

There is no comparison. You can tell that Iñaki's family has class. I can't tell you about Letizia's family overall, but this aunt seems to be an attention seeker type of gal.

I like Paloma and her parents a lot, they seem humble and are always kind to the press without seeking much attention :flowers:

the Ortiz branch gives the whole arrogant vibe, I don't really like any of them, specially Henar and Menchú, they are so arrogant and believe they are the greatest thing ever :cool:

I like Paloma and her parents a lot, they seem humble and are always kind to the press without seeking much attention :flowers:

the Ortiz branch gives the whole arrogant vibe, I don't really like any of them, specially Henar and Menchú, they are so arrogant and believe they are the greatest thing ever :cool:

Probably you should remember something. From the beginning Menchu it was most harassed by the press, because she had been employed at the radio at Asturuias, like her sister who was employed at the radio at Madrid, they were not unknown. Menchu has been immensly good with the press, she attended to them always and had to support in numerous occasions that were "invading" her house. And all this in spite of the fact that she was passing for the disease of her husband, disease of that also her daughter had died. Only later of the death of her husband asked to make her calm, thing that some of they of them did not respect either. :bang:

The own journalists who were encamping in her house, have said that in some occasion she had invited them to take coffee in her house.

But to certain press only seems to be interested the business and enough little the persons. Anyone that has followed a bit this woman, would have realized that from the death of her husband she wanted to isolate a bit, neither her spirit nor her health seemed be nice. She is an elderly woman, who lives alone and who in a few years has lost a daughter, a husband and a granddaughter. She looks like a strong woman, her family has wanted that she went away to Madrid with them, but it seems that they have not convinced her totally and lives between her house of Asturias and Madrid, where probably her great-grandaughters suppose a good happiness.

they just rub me the wrong way, give some arrogant vibe I don't like:cool:
and I still believe Henar is making the most about being the Princess' niece, she wouldn't be known if it wasn't for Letizia, she got a extreme makeover, a store, not to mention when she got a contract with Ribadesella's town house for the turistic promotion and the next government took it away, because there wasn't really good and only because she was the Princess' Aunt

Henar on "Está Pasando" :

YouTube - Esta pasando- Henar Ortiz. Tia de Doña Letizia. (1/2)

YouTube - Esta pasando- Henar Ortiz. Tia de Doña Letizia. (2/2)

"let's not talk about family, can we?" :cool: (gimme a break please, like she doesn't revel on being the Princess' aunt :rolleyes:)
"I'm the only in the family without a salary" (what does that mean? that the rest of them is being kept by our taxes or what?)
"The store in town flooded and then I went to Oviedo and got this new store"
"I've had the italian project for several years now" (yeah, and it only became a reality after a couple of years her niece's been married, things happen like that, right?):cool:

Henar, darling: please SHUT UP!

Last edited:
Henar & Letizia have pretty much the same style of talking & the same hectic gestures or driven attitude. Always thought that Letizia is more Ortiz than Rocasolano. Boy, Menchu has grown old in the past years. Life has not been kind to her since her granddaughter hit the jackpot and it shows.

I find the media attitude quite aggressive in Spain looking at the video (and I live in Britain!), Menchu & Henar being followed and photographed all the time (ok, Henar is an attention seeker but quite unimportant after all). Unless there has been a specific reason or occasion, I can't recall family members or relatives of a member of the BRF being constantly followed by the media. Sometimes I think there is only Letizia in Spain who is able to produce those headlines that bring the real money and to me it looks like Spain is lacking some major scandals or misbehaving top class VIPs who could draw the attention away from the CP :cool: If the british media depended on those silly or not really scandalous stories about Charles & Camilla in order to survive, OMG, they would be in deep trouble to make it to the next day.

Spain is filled with pathetic people who sell their families and dignity to be on TV or media like Hola

one example is the Queen of Frikis, Belén Esteban:

YouTube - madonna esteban

or late Baron Thyssen son, Borja and his wife Blanca (who look like a mob hitman and his trophy wife):

http://www.hola.com/famosos/2007/12/12/borja-blanca-revista/imgs/borja-a.jpg

Everytime someone famous breaks up with someone not that famous, gets a illegitimate kid, family issues, it is always portrayed in those TV shows and media

Henar is just another one of those attention seekers, she would have done the same thing if Letizia was a rock star or something :cool:

Since for my it is good that of information and clarifies things, if these journalists can fill their programs and to earn money speaking about her, she have right to clarify the things. The negative thing is that it is this program and this television channel those who have looked for her. There is no channel of television that it has done more negotiate with the Princess that Tele 5, and i it has done with enought small respect and few scruples .... those who will be they to criticize someone. This only will serve in order that they refill their programs several days.:bang:

The information about the shop seems to me to be very interesting, because if her previous shop was flooded will have received a good assurance. On the other hand, a shop in Cangas de Onís had to be a great business, because it is one of the most tourist villages of Asturias for its nearness to Covadonga. Probably even more profitable than a shop in Oviedo, where already there are many shops. The people believe that the city gives more money that the villages and it is not always like that.

On the topic of Ribadesella's Town hall it was a public contest, in which she took part with a team of persons, all that is inside of the normality ... another thing is that for a political decision, later the new mayor of ideology opposite to the previous one was rejecting this project.

On the topic of the salary it is something very easy of dealing. She has her own business and is she who has to work if she wants that her business works and wants to eat. The rest of the family works for others.

In the Royal Family the example of the Infanta Elena is, she is an owner of the day-care center at which she is employed, is an owner and works there. It if that is more questionable and nobody criticizes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom