The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 03:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Many thanks for your reply lula. I completely share your view and think that the media behaviour is absolutely shameful. As you say, Carla is no public figure therefore she should be left alone or only be shown with a hidden face. Royal children must be an exception though as they are kind of "heritage" but should not be the subject of media harrassment either. I understand that the topic can develop into a difficult topic for Zarzuela therefore it's ok if they keep out but it's a bit of a double standard if they ask for privacy for Elena's children but not for Carla who is obviously included in some private occasions of the SRF. A child is a child, even if Carla is no Borbon but only related to the PoA, and therefore deserves protection.
I think Zarzuela did negotiate with the press behind the closed doors for the privacy of Carla after the horror pictures of Carla, Vigor and his sister right after the funeral of Erika. Since then the paparazzis no longer crowded outside Carla's school to take pictures of her as when Erika was alive, that's about the privacy Zarzuela asked for Elena's children too, stop camping outside their school everyday. The pictures we saw of Carla were mostly holidaying with Ortiz-Rocasolano family members or with the Princes at Beltran's kids' birthday. I guess there is no rule out there that the press can't take pictures of Paloma or Jesus, so if Carla was with them, she would be included in the pictures as well.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:19 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
I guess there is no rule out there that the press can't take pictures of Paloma or Jesus, so if Carla was with them, she would be included in the pictures as well.
True but in this case they should cover Carla's face. What is possible in other countries must be possible in Spain, too. For example in Britain or in Germany, countries that have a bad yellow press culture, the media will cover the faces of children in case their parents don't give permission to show them (eg Heidi Klum's children are never shown in Germany without covered faces), although there are many celebrities around, the other extreme, who will make lots of money by presenting their happy family pictures including their children - every week to be seen in OK! etc. I think people like Kerry Kantona or Katie "Jordan" Price could not exist without the money they get from the tabloids.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:05 AM
Courtier

Cool

Can someone please translate this subscription on "Op. sobre la realeza" message board about Telma and her boyfriend? Seems that they don´t live together or rather have separated....
Old 01-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
Can someone please translate this subscription on "Op. sobre la realeza" message board about Telma and her boyfriend? Seems that they don´t live together or rather have separated....
There is no information that supports this information, on the contrary, for the present time there is several information that say everything opposite. So please, not to spread gossips without any credible information that supports them a bit.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
If she stays she will be under surveillance of the media therefore giving birth and living in the Philippines will guarantee her some privacy. The decision probably depends on where her boyfriend works or will work in the future.
i thought about that too, especially after i saw that episode of Corazon de Navidad on TVE where Paloma was being followed by several reporters and she looked like she was walking as fast as she could to get away from them. poor girl, and poor family, they're going to get hunted down!

Quote:
Let us know in case you bump into her!
ha ha, i will the moment i see her! if she does come back here, that is.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Telma and his boyfriend Enrique in Madrid 3th January:
SeegerPress
SeegerPress
Old 01-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
SeegerPress
SeegerPress
Did you notice the wedding band on her finger in the second picture? Could she have been married secretly?
Old 01-08-2008, 12:31 AM
Courtier

I think she's married.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:40 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
SeegerPress
SeegerPress
was this really January 3rd? because i remember seeing photos very similar to these but were taken during the time Telma went back for Erika's funeral. her boyfriend was also in the car.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes she has a married ring in her finger
Old 01-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat View Post
was this really January 3rd? because i remember seeing photos very similar to these but were taken during the time Telma went back for Erika's funeral. her boyfriend was also in the car.
That's right it was when she went home for Erika's funeral. Well, maybe she was already married then.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope that she is and if she is I wish her all the best and to her husband.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:24 AM
Heir Apparent

In this week new maganize Hola has a big report on Letizia's sister pregnancy and history! To me that is really terrible, Telma is not a member of the royal family she isn't a celebrity and I think she wants to protect her privacy and her anonymity and she is entitle to do that but spanish press is really abhoring her and to me when Telma sees that magazine this week she will bereally annoyed with the report - and with greater reason!!
Old 01-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

The most terrible thing is that in addition it does not contribute any information. They have used Thelma to sell magazines and the magazine neither says anything new or interesting nor contributes a new image.

A shame is that someone wants to support her life privately, that always is discreet, that looks for the tranquility in another country... and that even this way happens this. Where is limit?
Old 01-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I agree with biboquinhas but unfortunately this is the way it is. Another opportunity to make some $$$.
Telma strikes me as a person who is very discreet and private therefore her decision to give birth in Spain must have been tough on her. Keeping in mind how the media treated Erika and still treats Letizia she must despise them. As much as she will enjoy to be with her family again there is a downside to her visit since it's very obvious that the press will chase her from now on until she will have given birth and be leaving the country again. But Telma will certainly have taken this into account, otherwise she wouldn't have travelled to Spain.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Spain has better heath services than in Filipines so she migth think about the baby health and her own health and has decided to follow her pregnancy in Spain were she can have better medical help. She was a very discrete person, I fell sorry for her and shame for the press (Hola! is a magazine that ussualy supports the royal family events so I cannot understand their agressive atitute towards Telma, but...... "money makes the world go round...)
Old 01-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Spain has better heath services than in Filipines so she migth think about the baby health and her own health and has decided to follow her pregnancy in Spain were she can have better medical help.
We may be a poor country but we've got hospitals that do offer excellent care and I'm sure she knows that. One of our best hospitals is located just minutes away from the building where she works here. Perhaps she preferred to be nearer to her family at this time in her life that she needs the most support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
She was a very discrete person, I fell sorry for her and shame for the press (Hola! is a magazine that ussualy supports the royal family events so I cannot understand their agressive atitute towards Telma, but...... "money makes the world go round...)
i feel the same way too. for Hola to call the article "her true story" means that they went out to great (exaggerated?) lengths to get this story done and probably dogged a lot of people. and i, for one, would probably not believe the veracity of this so-called true story looking at how their latest video of Telma's outing with Leonor was taken. i just hope though that none of her friends have 'sold' her out.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Video from hola
"Paloma Rocasolano, feliz por el embarazo de Telma"
hola.com - Vídeos del día
Old 01-16-2008, 04:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

The press articles all mentioned that Enrique no longer works in Filipines, that could be the reason Telma decided to follow her pregnancy in Spain.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
True but in this case they should cover Carla's face. What is possible in other countries must be possible in Spain, too. For example in Britain or in Germany, countries that have a bad yellow press culture, the media will cover the faces of children in case their parents don't give permission to show them (eg Heidi Klum's children are never shown in Germany without covered faces), although there are many celebrities around, the other extreme, who will make lots of money by presenting their happy family pictures including their children - every week to be seen in OK! etc. I think people like Kerry Kantona or Katie "Jordan" Price could not exist without the money they get from the tabloids.
Whether the pictures with Carla's face covered or not, it's really after the fact. The problem is that Carla often looked annoyed when she was being photographed.
My point was that Zarzula definitely did do something after the horror pictures of Carla walking with her father and auntie right after her mother's funeral. Afterwards we no longer saw paparazzis camping outside Carla's school. Do I think Zarzuela has done enough to protect Letizia's family from the harrassment of the paparazzis ? Absolutely not. The British paparazzis are about the worst, but I don't see them harrassing Diana's parents, siblings or nieces or nephews on daily basis when Diana was alive, neighter did I see them camp outside Kate's parents' house. But that's just Zarzuela, their usual attitude of 'They are not us, let them deal their own problems'.