The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 04:54 PM
Nobility

January 2007
Telma Ortiz Rocasolano, Letizia's sister
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/8499/telma1ny6.jpg
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/3223/telma2mk2.jpg
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9...lma3jpguw6.jpg
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7963/telma4cw8.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: telma5ul1.jpg
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/6990/telma6rr5.jpg

Old 09-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Upon reading through this thread, I have been shocked to learn how relatives capitlize on their royal connections. This has hardened my opinion that the Royal Houses should avoid diluting the blue blood.

To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 10-01-2007, 01:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Upon reading through this thread, I have been shocked to learn how relatives capitlize on their royal connections. This has hardened my opinion that the Royal Houses should avoid diluting the blue blood.
Everywhere, everyday, people capitalize on the connections. The royals also help each other, ex. Juan Carlos had helped Sofia's sister Irene getting jobs at the Red Cross and MSF, the Greek family had spent many summers in Mallorca before they were allowed to go back to Greece.
Too bad, Leonor's blood is not blue anymore as her father's, her blood must be purple (blue + red) .
Old 10-01-2007, 02:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Everywhere, everyday, people capitalize on the connections. The royals also help each other, ex. Juan Carlos had helped Sofia's sister Irene getting jobs at the Red Cross and MSF, the Greek family had spent many summers in Mallorca before they were allowed to go back to Greece.
Too bad, Leonor's blood is not blue anymore as her father's, her blood must be purple (blue + red) .
And she lives in Zarzuela Palace and spends vacation with the SRF.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Heir Apparent

[quote=donnaK;673491]Everywhere, everyday, people capitalize on the connections. The royals also help each other, ex. Juan Carlos had helped Sofia's sister Irene getting jobs at the Red Cross and MSF, the Greek family had spent many summers in Mallorca before they were allowed to go back to Greece.
Too bad, Leonor's blood is not blue anymore as her father's, her blood must be purple (blue + red) .[/quot

You are absolutely right that people (including less lucky royals) tend to capitalize on their connections, but there are discreet ways of doing so. Relatives should not parade these connections and cause embarrassment, unpleasant remarks, and criticism for the person in question.
As for Princess Leonor’s blood, I presume that you are right once again…
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
You are absolutely right that people (including less lucky royals) tend to capitalize on their connections, but there are discreet ways of doing so. Relatives should not parade these connections and cause embarrassment, unpleasant remarks, and criticism for the person in question.
As for Princess Leonor’s blood, I presume that you are right once again…
How do you draw the line on relatives parading the connections except for the very obvious MM's father ? Sofia's sister Irene sat at the theater box at Athen's Olympics opening ceremony where the Greek royals were not allowed, do you think she was parading her sister's connection ?
It really depends on how the media perceive the relatives capitalizing the connections. If they kept silent or with no interest, then there wouldn't be embarrassment, unpleasant remarks or criticism. Of course, the media has been more harsh towards certain royals' relatives than the others' .
Old 10-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

How do you draw the line on relatives parading the connections except for the very obvious MM's father ? Sofia's sister Irene sat at the theater box at Athen's Olympics opening ceremony where the Greek royals were not allowed, do you think she was parading her sister's connection ?
It really depends on how the media perceive the relatives capitalizing the connections. If they kept silent or with no interest, then there wouldn't be embarrassment, unpleasant remarks or criticism. Of course, the media has been more harsh towards certain royals' relatives than the others' .
What would you say about Henar Ortiz? It would be fair to observe that she parades her royal connections and enjoys it.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
What would you say about Henar Ortiz? It would be fair to observe that she parades her royal connections and enjoys it.
She didn't mention her niece in the interview. She is a designer now hired by an Italian clothes company, interviewed by a fashion magazine, quite normal. I never said she didn't take advantage of the connection, I was simply telling you that it was wrong to say that only commoners' relatives took advantage of the connection, the born royals and their relatives also did.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
She didn't mention her niece in the interview. She is a designer now hired by an Italian clothes company, interviewed by a fashion magazine, quite normal. I never said she didn't take advantage of the connection, I was simply telling you that it was wrong to say that only commoners' relatives took advantage of the connection, the born royals and their relatives also did.
May be, Henar Ortiz is a talented fashion designer. Under the circumstances, it would be appropriate to say that the royal connections have been duly considered by an Italian clothes company and, thus, provide a launching pad for her career.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
May be, Henar Ortiz is a talented fashion designer. Under the circumstances, it would be appropriate to say that the royal connections have been duly considered by an Italian clothes company and, thus, provide a launching pad for her career.
Regardless how she got the job, she will definitely need talents to survive in the very competitive fashion industry. People won't buy her clothes or assessories because she is Letizia's aunt.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
As far as I know, Henar Ortiz hasn't been hired by any Italian clothes company. She just has her clothes "Henar Ortiz" produced in Italy.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Regardless how she got the job, she will definitely need talents to survive in the very competitive fashion industry. People won't buy her clothes or assessories because she is Letizia's aunt.
In any case, the royal connections has considerably assisted her in attracting atttention to her talent and getting contracts. By the way, has she taken any steps to promote herself prior to the marriage of her aunt?
Old 10-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I Think that too ...
Old 10-21-2007, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Henar Ortiz, november edition of Elle (who would have thought about her before her niece was the Princess? )

http://i20.tinypic.com/2d1spi9.jpg
http://i23.tinypic.com/20v0qvl.jpg
http://i21.tinypic.com/2nvdl08.jpg

This woman is living her 15 minutes at the full (her plastic surgeon deserves an award though)
Old 10-24-2007, 09:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
Henar Ortiz, november edition of Elle (who would have thought about her before her niece was the Princess? )

http://i20.tinypic.com/2d1spi9.jpg
http://i23.tinypic.com/20v0qvl.jpg
http://i21.tinypic.com/2nvdl08.jpg

This woman is living her 15 minutes at the full (her plastic surgeon deserves an award though)

I'm not sure how she looked before, but I would sue the cosmetic surgeon if I were her.
She looks awful.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Believe it or not, she looked worse before

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9...achmentzo8.jpg

(left: after, right: before source: hola and cover)

and this is how she looked at Letizia's favourite daughter act yesterday:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9...dd49b4gnn5.jpg

(terra)

like one would say in Spain: "piojo resucitado" (namely, those who were poor and now have money and believe they are the center of the world)
Old 10-25-2007, 03:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
like one would say in Spain: "piojo resucitado" (namely, those who were poor and now have money and believe they are the center of the world)
This is a bit harsh. Henar does look better now, good for her. Where is the indication that she believes she is the center of the world ? She is a designer now, so promotion in a fashion magazine is part of the job description, she didn't do anything different from other designers.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:32 AM
Nobility

http://mas.lne.es/fotos/img/2007/10/...6945727-18.jpg
OMG Henar's outfit is complete with gloves. Does anybody else in the audience thinks they're royal and wears gloves?
Old 10-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Why "princess" Henar was wearing an evening dress?
Black dress, black thick stockings, black shoes and then ugly bronze pursue.
Unelegant way of walking, as I can see from Hola pic.
Galerías de imágenes
Maybe it is just my wrong impression!!
Anyways if she is a stylist, she should work harder on her personal outfits.
Letizia's grandmother looks nice. Modest but nice!
Old 10-25-2007, 07:22 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK
This is a bit harsh. Henar does look better now, good for her. Where is the indication that she believes she is the center of the world ? She is a designer now, so promotion in a fashion magazine is part of the job description, she didn't do anything different from other designers.
A BIT harsh? That is VERY VERY offensive. It is okay to deslike someone but offend and trash people like that.. says a lot of what kind of person you are, it is a shame people express themselves like this.

Like you said donnaK, she's a designer and looks better now.. and for that she believes she's the center of the world?.